Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

DSS landlords

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
where can i go about finding DSS landlords in a certain area. specifically gloucester, gloucestershire

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried the usual places yet? (newspapers, word of mouth, shop windows, etc)
  • Options
    Ask the DSS?
  • Options
    i dont think you need specific landlords for dss. Just ask normal landlords if they accept housing benefit.
    most are fine with it.
  • Options
    great
  • Options
    make sure you are on the list with your council and local housing associations too. In my experience, you are more likely to find a landlord that accepts HB etc from private ads rather than through an estate agent. If you have someone who is in full-time employment and earning over three/four (not sure) times the amount your rent would be, who is willing to be a guarantr for your rent, then you may be able to rent through estate agents too. This route is expensive though as both yourself and the preson going guarantor will have to pay the estate agents fees for whatever the fuck they charge you for and the credit check too- none of which are guarantee that you will get the property... sigh. A person who signs as rent guarantor for you will be legaly responsible for your rent if you fail to pay it... Good luck.
  • Options
    thats true. Im on HB and the letting agency asked us for a guarantor.