Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone else hate waiting.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.... for a parcel?

It's driving me mad. I was supposed to get this parcel on Thursday, but when it hadn't arrived I gave them a days grace because I saw how many orders they were getting when I placed mine. I rang them on Friday, when it still hadn't turned up and they made their apologies and sent mine out while I was still on the phone to them. They promised me it'd be here today.

Now... do I believe them is the question. Either way, I'm sitting waiting for it to turn up, and I'm not enjoying it.

Rant over, anyone else stuck in waiting for things?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am actually waiting for one now.

I need to go out. :grump:
    HIT wrote:
    I am actually waiting for one now.

I need to go out. :grump:

I need to have a shower - I've got an interview later and want to look good (and preferably not smell).

However, if I go and have a shower before my Dad gets up, and they come then, my sister will answer the door, and they wont let her sign for it (again... god knows where the logic is in that). And tbh, I need the parcel to make sure I look good this afternoon.

I wish I knew who they were sending it with etc, so I could track it. :grump:
    What's in the parcel? /nosey bitch
    yep i get my laptop back from novatech repairs today. shipped friday. gave me a long estimate of between 8 and 5pm.
    i hate waiting for ANYTHING. GRRRRR. :grump:

i had a doctors appointment at 9:50 but she's running really late due to a call out. i only live 200 metres from the surgery so i've come home and i'm ringing them later. :grump:
    Glittery wrote:
    What's in the parcel? /nosey bitch

Ha, a wax pot and all the accessories. I got it from the Professional Beuaty exhibition last week, and because they'd sold out they said they'd send it me with an extra discount, free P&P. Big bargain :D I just WANT IT now!
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Ha, a wax pot and all the accessories.

Awwww i thought it was gonna be summat good like vibrating nipple clamps and testicle shaped chocolates :)
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Awwww i thought it was gonna be summat good like vibrating nipple clamps and testicle shaped chocolates :)

Heehee. It is a good thing though, when you're going for a job in a place that sells beauty products and toiletries, and you're a beauty student, to have eyebrows like mine and no (useable) tweezers because you've left your good ones in your locker at college.... this wax pot is more an essential! :lol:
    I know how you feel - I ordered tickets about 2 weeks ago. My parents asked me on Saturday if friends of mine had got theirs and I told them that they all had theres. Turns out I have to go up on Thursday with ID (name & address) and get them then.
    i am very impatient and for some reason i think i should get preference over everyone else so that i get what i want NOW. :p
    lipsy wrote:
    i am very impatient and for some reason i think i should get preference over everyone else so that i get what i want NOW. :p

Me too. Therefore, if it hasn't come by 11, I'm probably going to end up calling the people I'm ordering it from, and find out who they've sent it with (and if they have!)

I'm then going to phone up whoever has it and demand it :razz: I'm the worst customer in the world.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Me too. Therefore, if it hasn't come by 11, I'm probably going to end up calling the people I'm ordering it from, and find out who they've sent it with (and if they have!)

I'm then going to phone up whoever has it and demand it :razz: I'm the worst customer in the world.
    im always always complainging too! HSBC started charging me for my overdraft because its their policy to do it after a certain amount and i had increased my overdraft to £250 above that amount. so i decided i was going to complain on principle because i felt it was unfair. it ended up going to head office and i got my charges back.
    lipsy wrote:
    im always always complainging too! HSBC started charging me for my overdraft because its their policy to do it after a certain amount and i had increased my overdraft to £250 above that amount. so i decided i was going to complain on principle because i felt it was unfair. it ended up going to head office and i got my charges back.

:lol: That sounds like me no end.

I wrote a letter of complaint to Alton Towers almost a month ago. I've heard nothing since, so I'm considering ringing them to moan. :D Tomorrow maybe, I'll just stick to moaning about beuaty suppliers today :)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Sorry. Double post :(
    God, i'm the most impatient person ever! I hate waiting for parcels, I hate waiting for deliveries (especially if they say between 9 and 5 :|) and I hate waiting for buses!

Gah :/
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Why are we waiting? We are suffocating... :D
    Weekender Offender 
    GAH! The bloody postman has just been and dropped off all the letters, but as of yet, no nice parcel van has pulled up.

I may have to cry if I have to go to another interview with slug like eyebrows.
    just ordered some eye patches off ebay which i expect to arrive during working hours heh heh. more waiting good JOB i don't work :|)
    Oh for gods sake, I just rang the supplier and they're becoming more and more incompetent with every sentence they spit out. I've discovered the items are being delivered by Night Freight, and were picked up on Friday, for next working day delivery (between 8am and 6pm), but probably wont come til tomorrow.

I'll beat someone if I don't get answers or a delivery soon. The man told me that I could always arrange to pick it up from "my nearest Night Freight depot" but since that's in Burntwood (quite a way to walk from my home!!!) I'll be refraining from THAT. Hopefully he's going to ring me back with a tracking number though. And if he hasn't within 10 minutes, I'm ringing Night Freight.

(Getting stressed... I was meant to have this bloody kit A WEEK AGO!)
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Oh for gods sake, I just rang the supplier and they're becoming more and more incompetent with every sentence they spit out. I've discovered the items are being delivered by Night Freight, and were picked up on Friday, for next working day delivery (between 8am and 6pm), but probably wont come til tomorrow.

I'll beat someone if I don't get answers or a delivery soon. The man told me that I could always arrange to pick it up from "my nearest Night Freight depot" but since that's in Burntwood (quite a way to walk from my home!!!) I'll be refraining from THAT. Hopefully he's going to ring me back with a tracking number though. And if he hasn't within 10 minutes, I'm ringing Night Freight.

(Getting stressed... I was meant to have this bloody kit A WEEK AGO!)
    If they said today on Friday I'd be a bit more patient. Today isn't over yet. It's only half 11. If you were told it would be here before 11am then do what you have done.

I was waiting for a parcel on Tuesday and it arrived at 3pm. It depends on the courier and when they are in your area.

Wait a bit longer and then phone Night Freight or whoever.
    I am also waiting for a parcel. What bugs me is when i am told something will arrive between 8-1 and it turns up at 5pm!
    Not this parcel but all the same.
    im still waiting for my american tale DVD its been over a week now and ive e-mailed and i had no reply. my patience will be running out soon!
    I have just recieved my parcel.... With a nice £15 customs bill. :grump:
    If they said today on Friday I'd be a bit more patient. Today isn't over yet.

Yes but they said today and now they've decided tomorrow. It was originally meant to come on Thursday.

(Well, no, they were originally meant to have it in stock when I went to them on Monday but never mind)

ETA: And they didn't ring me back with a tracking number, and I had to go out so couldn't ring and shout!!
    Last week I had a new credit card that would be delivered between 9am and 5pm on Tesday and needed a signature and to see my passport as ID. It came at 3.30pm in the end.
    Mine arrived 4pm today.It is Tuesday the 24th. NOT Thursday the18th, but never mind. It has arrived at the very least.
    If I need big stuff singing for I just get it sent to the sales office at work which is really easy to find (my office is tiny, unmarked and difficult to find) and get them to sign for me. Then I just need to take it home the bus, that was great fun when I got my laptop.
    i e-mailed the people who i bought my dvd off, i got an e-mail back saying it can take up to 8 weeks, so i sent an arsey one back, quoting from the e-mail they sent me when it was dispatched that i still have saved that it should take no more than 4 weeks. they told me a few days but to allow 2-4 weeks. its been 2 weeks! i also told them i was happy to forward them the e-mail they sent saying 2-4 weeks if it was necessary.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Mine arrived 4pm today.It is Tuesday the 24th. NOT Thursday the18th, but never mind. It has arrived at the very least.

No wonder the delivery people got confused, if they were trying to deliver it on Thursday 18th. Thursday was the 19th :p

*grabs coat*
    I ordered a new coat on the 11/10
    I got an email yesterday saying it was ready to be dispatched. About fucking time!!!