Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Conditioner for frizzy hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any body have any reccomendations for conditioner for frizzy hair? As long as it is something you can get in your every day shop, not salon only. Price doesn't matter right now. I'm in need of conditioner and a store near me is going out of business so general merchandise is 40% off :yippe: So any ideas? I have frizzy uncontrolably very thick hair. No longer color treated, not greasy not dry, just Richard Simmons-esque is my only problem.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Me Me Me! I have advice! You should try a couple and see what you like. I like Tesco value (30p) conditioner, Aussie Frizz free conditioner, henna Beauty Formula Treatment Wax and my latest find is... who fucking knows. I've thrown it away coz I fifnished it last week, it's meant for afro hair but my frizzy white mates have been kissing me since the revelation. I'll have to tell you what it is when I next buy som. Do you have afro hair care shops near you? We just got one- can you tell how excited I am? lol. Anyway, the one I like isn't by Pink or Sof 'n' Free or any of the big names I know of... but it works, and it's good. The other ones I recommended are cheap (coz I am like that) and they work, but I don't think you'll have much luck with them, coz you don't got a Tesco now do you? lol

ps your hair is not frizzy. it is an insult to the word frizz to call your smooth slick sleek hair frizzy :p
    katralla wrote:

ps your hair is not frizzy. it is an insult to the word frizz to call your smooth slick sleek hair frizzy :p

You've never seen me with my hair natural :razz:
    It's true, but I still know that it ain't that frizzy!
    katralla wrote:
    It's true, but I still know that it ain't that frizzy!

You do carry a very good point, my love. I guess I would have to take my sisters term, it is "naturally messy." It is not your typical messy curly frizz. Its just big. I'll share this, just becasue I am in the process of straightening it... This is me after putting in an anti-friz/straightening serum and blow drying it straight with one of those ridiciously priced infusers for the dryer. :\ (luckily my mom likes to give beauty products for gifts as I'd of never bought it for myself) It is 100% straithger than usual... just not at all what I'm looking for :razz: I guess I should say I want flatness.
    If I lived in the 80's, I could potentially be one hot mama, but I'm a bit late for that :p
    ok dudette, you got frizzy hai rbut it looks pretty anyway. Try to cheapo way of drying your hair straight. When it is very towel dry, sleek though with your product, then put in a slicked back pony tail. Then when it's proper dry, run some super ceramic straighteners through it. Fuck the hairdryer business and get stright to flat and sleek. That's what I do when I straighten my hair!

ETA: if your hair is longer than a pony tail, add further hair bands at inchly intervals and let dry with them in, don't worry about band kinks coz straighteners get 'em out and it's still better than hairdryer boufant!
    oh. and I got peed off with straightening my hair/ getting frizz free curls so I braided my hair on thurs. looks beautiful if I do say so myself. No digi cam but I'll take a mobile flick, on my very very old moby so shit quality! will upload!
    my new braids and a stupid drunken facial expression

ETA: yes I am wearing a really bad sloppy bra. It is late on a sunday eve so what of it? get lost! lol
    While I'm on the self braiding promo, I did me mate's hair as in this pic:
    http://www.myspace.com/j3nzz

ETA: and the hat she is wearing is coz she is a biter and is biting my style after staying at mine and borrowing a hat of mine. Coz I am super cool and she knows it! lol
    you need to start with a good shampoo. have you tried stuff by bedhead called control freak?

also try avoid using products that say they really moisturise your hair - moisture attracts moisture. :yes:
    with the shampoo thing, I think you should wash your hair less if you have dry hair, and not overload with product so that you can wash it less often.
    katralla wrote:
    Fuck the hairdryer business and get stright to flat and sleek.

:yes:

If I so much as say the word 'hairdryer' near my wet hair, it springs up into a crazed, frizzy, not-cool-enough-to-be-an-afro afro.

Left to try naturally it's 100 times sleeker, but it is still quite large. What I do is get product in while it's still wet. Don't give it a chance to frizz. Squeeze the water out, get your product in, then wrap it all in a towel for a while. Then when it's just damp, comb it out and secure it to your head. Leave to dry, straighten, and Bob's your uncle!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My hair goes frizzy. And it annoys me so.
    my name - my hair looks like your when it has not been straightened except about 5 times longer. I might try not blowdrying it see what that does - but as its so long and thick itll prob take about 2 days to dry (not joke) so ill see!!

As for the moisture thing, i dont use many products on my hair, just shampoo, conditioner, then possibly some anti frizz serum if i feel like it, and protecting spray. Then i leave it until my next wash (normally 5 days after) So the less you put on it the less ofton you have to go through the process of de-frizzing it.

I will scream at someone if they put any kind of holding spray on my locks, and then make them wash dry straighten my hair! lol. This one time, at band camp (literally i was actually at band camp) we were doin this show and it was 2 shows a day for 3 days then we went home, so i washed my hair bfor i went, and didnt plan on washing it until i got back, but on the first day 2nd performance a girl was putting my hair in a bun for me (being an army band it has to be a bun) and some woman just walked past and while she was there she decided to pile loads of holding spray on my hair!! I was not happy!!! :mad:
    kaffrin wrote:
    :yes:

If I so much as say the word 'hairdryer' near my wet hair, it springs up into a crazed, frizzy, not-cool-enough-to-be-an-afro afro.

Left to try naturally it's 100 times sleeker, but it is still quite large. What I do is get product in while it's still wet. Don't give it a chance to frizz. Squeeze the water out, get your product in, then wrap it all in a towel for a while. Then when it's just damp, comb it out and secure it to your head. Leave to dry, straighten, and Bob's your uncle!

Should be a priority lesson at school. Sod the sex education in primary school and wack anti-frizz hair washing lessons on the curiculum. I recon it would cure enough self-esteem issues to prevent underage sexual activity... maybe? lol
    Weird as it sounds, if I let my hair dry naturally it ends up even worse than that... just as big but with a sad attempt at waves.
    my_name wrote:
    Weird as it sounds, if I let my hair dry naturally it ends up even worse than that... just as big but with a sad attempt at waves.

my hair too dries frizzier and much bigger when i let it dry natrurally. My hair isnt even frizzy, but if i leave it to its own devices it goes into a huge wavy mess with a small amount of frizz in places.

For frizz, i fine that schwarzkopf gliss hair repair shampoo's, conditioner, and reflex shine care stuff works wonders.
    fructis garnier for thick course and rebelllious hair
    i tried that a few years ago, made my hair really greasy. :yuck: