Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going places alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I just need some tips on how to do this :p
I said I would go to a tattoo party tomorrow. I asked and begged Ed to go with me because I'm a shy scared nervous person and find it damn near impossible to go anywhere alone. I can barely ask the guy at mcdonalds for a packet of ketchup. He finally said he would then a couple days later he said that that was when his friend was having her 30th. So obviously hes going to that. I really want to go to the tattoo thing and I already said I would but now I have nobody to go with. I already know that there will be virtually nobody I know and of the people I know I can guarentee you I've never spoken to them. Any suggestions on how I can get up the courage to go to it by my lonesome?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I don't have any suggestions (as I'm exactly the same as you!) but may I ask what a tattoo party is?? :eek2:
  • Options
    More of a gathering with food and people and such with a couple up and coming tattoo artists there if you feel the desire to get one done. I want to get one of mine colored in. Not as unsterile and gross as it may sound, promise :p
  • Options
    No it sounded ace that's why I was intrigued! :lol:

Maybe to get your confidence up, treat it in your mind as just a trip to a tattoo place then, as opposed to an actual social gathering. That way, you're going to the purpose of having your tattoo coloured in, instead of the big scary people at a party. Then when you get there, I'm sure you'll end up talking to someone and settling in :)
  • Options
    i think u should go because it will be a positive experience and you will meet new poeple and hopefully make new friends. if ur that nervous then have a drink before you go to calm your nerves (don't get drunk though!)

sometimes in life u just have to bite the bullet and do it for your own good -even if its scary
  • Options
    if youre on your own, youll probably find more people will talk to you anyway than if you went with someone.
    It wont be as bad as you think. I think you should do it. It will be liberating.
  • Options
    It seems to me like you've got the perfect topic to start a conversation. Just point and say, "Ooooh, that's cool, etc etc."
  • Options
    try raising your voice by one key, brighten everything up
  • Options
    cuz everyone loves a minnie mouse? :confused:

Anyways, thank you all for your help. I'm gonna try real hard, just bite the bullet, suck it up (and maybe a drink ;) ) And I'm going to try going. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i think u should go because it will be a positive experience and you will meet new poeple and hopefully make new friends. if ur that nervous then have a drink before you go to calm your nerves (don't get drunk though!)

sometimes in life u just have to bite the bullet and do it for your own good -even if its scary

:yes:
  • Options
    if youre on your own, youll probably find more people will talk to you anyway than if you went with someone.
    It wont be as bad as you think. I think you should do it. It will be liberating.

:yes:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm a shy scared nervous person and find it damn near impossible to go anywhere alone. I can barely ask the guy at mcdonalds for a packet of ketchup.

Me too, I find a few shots of sambuca offers temporary relief though.
  • Options
    Drop a few E's, you'll have no problem chatting to people then! :D