Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work Uniform?

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    We just have a black Polo shirt. Wear our own black trousers and black shoes. We used to have full shirt + tie but they changed it cos they were shit :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ditto.

I quite suit green though and I actually do like that colour, just that, that amount of colour is too much, especially if you've got the fleece and the tshirt on!

Do you wear the black pants they provide? I wear my own cos they're well bad fitting, tesco must get their uniform made at the same place as asda do. hehe.

No i wear my own too, they are much more flattering.
    Have you seen the new uniform? I have only heard little bits about it. An insight would be good lol

Do you wear the black pants they provide? I wear my own cos they're well bad fitting, tesco must get their uniform made at the same place as asda do. hehe.

they're horrible. the trousers come upto your boobs and go out at the hips really far and the same for the arse. the skirt isn't so bad but it still comes upto my ribcage.

the shirts aren't so bad, but my button has a habit of coming undone. so i wear a red polo shirt that i was given to wear as a promotion a while ago saying tesco club card, start saving. much comfier!
    Fairly easy. I get a blue shirt, which work provide me. Other than that, black or navy trousers. They sometimes say we need to have black shoes too, but the manager hasn't said anything about my trainers - probably because he has his on most of the time.
    Lab coat and anything I want under it. Clean lab coat if I was to go out of the lab with shirt and tie possibly, but that doesn't happen anyway.

Thinking about joining the Navy. Now that's a uniform - can just see me with my sub-lieutenant rank on, cool.
    The company I work for used to be known as another name up until Oct 05 and most people are still wearing the old stuff - shirts, blouses, suit jackets, polo shirts and sweatshirts, all with your own name stitched in, for the office staff - with the old company name on. As I've never worked for that company and they haven't got around to sourcing workwear with the new logo on, I just wear either trouser suits (skirts are exactly suitable around a load of grubby workmen!) or black trousers, shirts and fine-knit jumpers.
    Hi all!!!
    I have to wear a uniform at work. I'm a Tesco worker and my uniform is a blue checkered shirt and dark navy trousers and a name badge. I don't like being told that my name badge is a part of my uniform and that i have to wear it all the time whilst at work. It is like being back at school and being told how to wear your uniform.:impissed::yuck: :crying:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hi all!!!
    I have to wear a uniform at work. I'm a Tesco worker and my uniform is a blue checkered shirt and dark navy trousers and a name badge. I don't like being told that my name badge is a part of my uniform and that i have to wear it all the time whilst at work. It is like being back at school and being told how to wear your uniform.:impissed::yuck: :crying:

I had that at hobbycraft. Only at hobbycraft I used to get told that I had to wear my badge on my left hand side above the hobbycraft logo :| But you know, most work places have a code of conduct. If you don't like it, leave. You'll only find a similar problem somewhere else *shrugs* I prefer the idea of a uniform as it means that you don't need to worry about spilling crap on and ruining your clothes.

Currently, I have no uniform. But I wear smart / casual stuff. Not like too casual though :/

However, this thread is also a bit old. In future you should check the dates of threads as it's bad netiquette to bring up old threads :)
    How old is this.

I was liek, wtf have I posted in here already?
    Again a Tesco uniform I chose the blue shirt much nicer than the red one with blue trouser, but pretty luckly in our store we dnt get told off for not wearing our badge
    blue suit. i have a plain skirt sute, with half lenght jacket and a pin striped trouser suit with a short box jacket
    Yellow polo shirt, navy trousers, and a tabard with anything from scooby doo to winnie the pooh on it :yes:
    bluebell wrote:
    I work in Boots the Chemist and we have a very strict uniform policy. We (the females) have to wear a pair of smart dark trousers and a white nylon tunic type top that you might expect a nurse to wear.?

clinique had a lawsuit filed against them for basically impersonating nurses in their uniform. it gave the effect that the tosh they were selling (for a profit) was clinical. interesting case decided in europe
    For my work placement I have to wear anything that's white or navy and wear a blue tabard with a name badge on it.
    lord, this is old,

well mine has changed drastically now.

im in a navy skirt, navy court shoes, blue shirt, light blue and beige neck tie with litle tui smiles on them and a beige fitted jacket
    melanie wrote:
    lord, this is old,

well mine has changed drastically now.

im in a navy skirt, navy court shoes, blue shirt, light blue and beige neck tie with litle tui smiles on them and a beige fitted jacket
    My god I hate the TUI smile.

TUI reps aren't my favourite people right now though, some really nasty bitches keep ringing me at work. I'm sure you aren't one of them :p
    rachie004 wrote:
    and if you want to wear jewellry of a religious nature it needs to be covered by the uniform :banghead:

*giggles*

That's given me a nice titter to round off a pretty good day. Thanks :)
    I'm a primary school teacher, so no uniform, but i always go into work dressed smart. a lot of teachers don't, but i think it gives me an air of proffessionalism.
    I have a pretty cool uniform if I'm honest.

Black pants, black shoes, smart shirt.

We sometimes have to wear promotion t-shirts on special events.

We get away with wearing jewellery, wearing our hair down, sometimes wearing trainers and jeans too (but I've never wore jeans or trainers)! HEHE.

We get to accessorize our uniforms :D
    My uniform is smart black shoes, black trousers, long sleeved white shirt, black tie, grey waste coat with black stripes, name tag....
    Quite strict on long hair being tied back and piercings (other than ear piercings), I have to put a plaster over my eyebrow piercing, however they employed me when I used to have dreadlocks so they can't be that strict...I had to tie them back though
    we can wear what we want luckily, just no hats, thats the only rule. which i can live with.

so usually i go for jeans and a t-shirt or a shirt on most days, unless im meeting a client, then it'll be pants and a shirt.
    koe_182 wrote:
    unless im meeting a client, then it'll be pants and a shirt.

No trousers ? :shocking: :D
    pants are trousers my friend in my neck of the woods.
    But you're in Burnley, not America :)
    koe_182 wrote:
    pants are trousers my friend in my neck of the woods.
    my ex is from near you in Accrington, he used to say pants and it really annoyed me!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    my ex is from near you in Accrington, he used to say pants and it really annoyed me!

Aye, accy is 5mins away from here, very scary place, makes burnley look like paradise.
    but yeah, everyone says pants round here.
    koe_182 wrote:
    Aye, accy is 5mins away from here, very scary place, makes burnley look like paradise.
    but yeah, everyone says pants round here.
    haha not heard it called accy for a while....n yes it's full of backward, interbred yobs!
    I can wear whatever I want :yes:
    Just 'office attire'. I just wear boots/shoes, smart pants and plain tops, with nice jewellery orr a scarf to jazz them up.
This discussion has been closed.