Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Car Accessories

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
What accessories do you have in your car? Do you have big, fluffy, pink seat covers? Do you have fluffy dice? Lots of rubbish on the floors? A nodding dog?

Tell me what you've got. Spill the beans :p

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have floor mats. They are black, and in need of vacuuming. I also have a cushion for when I go a long way to make it a bit more comfortable, and two road maps.

Not the kind of thing you were thinking of, right? :p
  • Options
    when i had a car, the only extra things i put in was the headunit and an airfreshener.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have floor mats. They are black, and in need of vacuuming. I also have a cushion for when I go a long way to make it a bit more comfortable, and two road maps.

Not the kind of thing you were thinking of, right? :p

That's boring :p

Although, that's all i'm going to be putting in my car, tbh :D
  • Options
    I've got a wee lovebug teddy that sits in the ashtray, but if I leave Archie in the car for any length of time he tends to maul it. Other than that my "accessories" are a carseat and a waterproof cover for the seat for the mucky pup.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    A nice bit of ICE inc amp, sub and 6x9's
    My iTrip.
    Tyre pump
    fire extinguisher
    a magnetic lamp that plugs into the lighter socket.
    A DC lighter plug adapter
    A hoover that plugs into the lighter socket

Used to have a road Angel, but don't really need it anymore.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ok, I have a little bag of something that smells nice too. And an ice scraper. How functional :D
  • Options
    Local AZ and GB Road Map, the bag of useful stuff that lives in the boot (ice scraper, tyre pump, hi vis, chocolate, jumps etc), dog lead in the boot, hair brush and gel in the drivers door pocket, lipsalve in the cupholder and change for parking in the ash tray, and a nodding alligator on the back shelf.
  • Options
    i use to have a pink steering wheel cover :blush: but it broke!

i also had a little miss naughty nodding thing for my parcel shelf but i decided i'd out grown it. i had some pink fluffy dice but they were a small pair and they were really nice but the string snapped.

now i just have a strawberry shaped air freshener that doesn't actually smell anymore, a little teddy on my gear stick and a quiksilver sticker along my back window.
  • Options
    When I had cars, I always used floormats as they kept the interior tidy and stopped it wearing. Nice speakers and a decent headunit, and a sweet engine - all you need to enjoy motoring :).
  • Options
    a sheep toy hanging from the mirror, which was a present when i left my first job :)

an air freshner that no longer smells.

The mats that came with my car

a map

ice scraper

jump leads

de-icer

cds scattered everywhere
  • Options
    vw mats, magic tree freshner and ambipur anti-tobacco, sat-nav, head unit that does mp3 and bluetooth, windsheild phone mount (un-used as keeps falling off), phone charger.

and in boot, pc fixy toolbox, laptop, jump leads.

Exciting :s
  • Options
    I have a tiny tinkerbell thingy that sticks to the window and bobs around that i bought from disneyworld, as a present for my car :D

also hanging in the middle off the mirror i have a lovehearts air freshener that no longer smells, it was the nicest smell ever though, and a little hello kitty teddy. thats about it.

i also have an icescraper, deicer, a electric thingy that blows up your tyres...thats about it.
  • Options
    My ex had these Disney things that hung where the furry dice and stuff hang.

They were cool.
  • Options
    6x9s
    5 air freshners
    phone holder thing
    a tax disc that keeps falling off
    ice thing
  • Options
    The obvious floor mats.

I also have purple fuzzy dice
    a generic barbie I found in a claw machine at a chinese place
    a towel to sit on when I forget to roll up the windows when it rains
    jumper cables
    jack
    array of reciepts
  • Options
    Car mats like everyone else has said, sat nav, head unit, aftermarket door speakers, 6x9s and an amp, tiny little neon light thing in my drivers footwell for finding things you drop around your feet at night, a lit up switch for it i mounted on my console next to my fan controls (looks really professional and standard as well :D), road maps, toolbox in my boot, wheel brace, remote central locking bits and pieces from where i never got finished..

The list goes on. I just get in random moods where i think "that would be good to have in my car" and i get it :p
  • Options
    Nothing really. Sometimes a bag of sweeties in the glove box. Ruudy usually comes out with me though. :)
  • Options
    Rubbish everywhere, a bit of carpet in the passenger footwell cause the mat disappeared and I couldn't be arsed to buy another, and this guy:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Rubbish everywhere, a bit of carpet in the passenger footwell cause the mat disappeared and I couldn't be arsed to buy another, and this guy:

I want a No Face for my car!
  • Options
    You definitely need some two plushy dices in the mirror, a fox-tail on your antennae, a plushy ring around your sterring wheel and a hawaii belly dancer girl, that has a wobbly hip when you drive.

Don't forget the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote matching footmats.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I haven't got a car. But my car will hae the following:

- Magic Tree.
    - CD Player.
    - Alloys.
    - Induction Kit, I hope.
    - New Dizzy.
    - New Timing Gear.
    - New Exaust system (Not just a silly backbox.)
    - Bored out.

That should do until in 22-24, then it gets a V8.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I haven't got a car. But my car will hae the following:

- Magic Tree.
    - CD Player.
    - Alloys.
    - Induction Kit, I hope.
    - New Dizzy.
    - New Timing Gear.
    - Bored out.

That should do until in 22-24, then it gets a V8.
    Either you're made of money, or you've already spotted the thing ready to nick :p
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    - Induction Kit, I hope.

Why?
    - New Dizzy.

Why?
    - New Timing Gear.

Why?

Why?
    - Bored out.

Lot of money for little gains when it comes to road cars. You'd be better off having a spot of head work done - £500 should get you a nicely ported and flowed head.

Depends on the car though. Most of the things you'll see in Max Flower and Revs are just nonsense :).
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    The obvious floor mats.

I also have purple fuzzy dice

dice are the best
    as are nodding gromits :yes:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

i wouldn't like to bump into your car on a dark night. :nervous:
  • Options
    Why
    Why
    Why
    Lot of money for little gains when it comes to road cars.

I don't think it matters about cost, as long as you want it. Its your car, put what you want in it. I got a lovely xmas present of a a new alpine stereo and speakers for my car which isn't even worth what my fuzzy dice cost, and that includes when it has a full tank of gas (bungee cord included) Whatever makes you feel good and makes driving nicer for you.
  • Options
    :lol: My car is overflowing with car accessories, considering it's a tiny car and I can't even drive yet :crying:

It has:

- a smiley yellow tax disc holder (to match my car)
    - A Pongo air freshneer (which I think is also yellow, with a smiley face)
    - a little spring to put those foam balls on, on the dashboard (currently with an ENGLAND football one on, but never mind...)
    - Extremely colourful seatbelt covers for the front seatbelts. - Pink fluffy dice!
    - A hanging rubber sign saying "Yes I DO Own The Road"
    - A window sticker for this years Children in need (but that's only til I've done my sponsored walk)
    - A florescent (sp?) purple and orange fish
    - A bouncing Spanish bull (admittedly, this isn't in there yet as my dad only gave it me yesterday, but give it a few hours)

And to top it all off - a Volkswagen tape player (My car's a Fiat)

:D I love my car, despite it's cheesyness. Wish I could drive the damn thing.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Lot of money for little gains when it comes to road cars. You'd be better off having a spot of head work done - £500 should get you a nicely ported and flowed head.

Depends on the car though. Most of the things you'll see in Max Flower and Revs are just nonsense :).

Lax Power is to be fair, and its like, just toss and wank. ACW and Hot Rod are where its at.

Anyway, why? This is all plans over time... there isn't much you can do to a 1.6 ford lump, but i'll do what I can for more power. Why new timing gear? Because stock timing gear is innacurate and shite, and doesn't allow for much adjustment. Induction kit? Adds 5-10 hp. And who said anything about this stuff being new? And you can MAKE a simple induction kit ffs. Exaust system? Adds HP. Bored out? Increases CI, duh! That means... MORE POWER!

And when I rip the whole lot out, I can put it in the 2.8i donor car that will be bought for parts, and sell the fucker.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Lax Power is to be fair, and its like, just toss and wank. ACW and Hot Rod are where its at.

Anyway, why? This is all plans over time... there isn't much you can do to a 1.6 ford lump, but i'll do what I can for more power. Why new timing gear? Because stock timing gear is innacurate and shite, and doesn't allow for much adjustment. Induction kit? Adds 5-10 hp. And who said anything about this stuff being new? And you can MAKE a simple induction kit ffs. Exaust system? Adds HP. Bored out? Increases CI, duh! That means... MORE POWER!

And when I rip the whole lot out, I can put it in the 2.8i donor car that will be bought for parts, and sell the fucker.
    Who's gonna bore it out for you? You can make a simple induction kit, but why not just replace your panel filter?

If your cars crap as you say then remember the old saying: 'You can't polish a turd' :p
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

What engine are you on about here? The old CVH lump, or the newer Zetec series? The Zetec is lame at best, you'd be far better starting with the 1800cc unit and popping in cams and throttle body from the 2.0. Will instantly make 130bhp.

The CVH lump isn't too great. I had one as a first car, and although the engine was strong and worked well, they aren't great for tuning. They aren't very torquey for an 8v motor, and need to be revved quite hard to get anything useful from them. Stem seals are a weak point, and it's a proper pain trying to change them with the head in-situ.

Rover's K-series lump is much nicer than either of the Fords, TBH. But the Zetec 1.8 is something of a gem, when mixed with minimal work.

Stock timing gear is plenty good enough for standard tuned engines. You can even use it when making well above stock power - the camshaft pulleys on the Zetec lumps are infinitely adjustable, just like a vernier jobby.

Induction kits on the vast majority of cars are worthless in terms of power. Manufacturers are pretty good at such things these days. Actually, having just twigged on about the 2.8, you're looking at getting a Capri aren't you? Forget power. Look for rot...

;)

ETA - bigger exhaust doesn't mean more power on a NA lump. The resulting lack of back-pressure can actually create a loss in power. Boring out is more money than it is worth on the majority of cars. Might as well just start off with a bigger block, or spend the money on head work.