Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Inside Outside

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever found yourself really fancying someone's inner self, like their voice, the way they talk, what they say, their mind, personality, sense of humor, etc

BUT

You just don't fancy them at all on the outside? Their hair, their loks, their build, etc?

If so what happened?

There's someone I've been intouch with lately such a nice person on the inside but on the outside just don't fancy them .. :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had it before. We tried to make a go of things, but the lack of physical attraction was a bit of a problem as it was more like trying to go at it with a friend you are really fond of than a partner. It just didn't work for me because I just didn't fid them attractive.
    That's really nice that you just like someone for their personality and such like, but at the end of the day people who say they are only looking for personality and inner-beauty in a partner are kidding themselves. There has to be a physical attraction or it just won't work. Not that that means only classically beautiful people have a chance, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
    Well. I love the way my boyfriend speaks, his accent, his voice, his sense of humour and the cute way he's really animated when he talks (if he doesn't like something, he'll screw his face up - so funny!). But when I first met him, I didn't fancy him at all. I thought he was too old (he's 20 years older than me), and just not attractive to me in the slightest.

Once I got to know him though, I started to have feelings for him and it was afterwards that I started to fancy him - and I mean, really fancy him.
    This didn't happen until about 3 weeks after we got together, and now I love everything about him, including his looks.

Kind of goes to prove that you don't have to fancy someone to fall for them.
    ... the simple answer is yes...
    tho' i think really to make a go of it with someone there has to be more than just a nice sounding voice...
    alasia wrote:
    Well. I love the way my boyfriend speaks, his accent, his voice, his sense of humour and the cute way he's really animated when he talks (if he doesn't like something, he'll screw his face up - so funny!). But when I first met him, I didn't fancy him at all. I thought he was too old (he's 20 years older than me), and just not attractive to me in the slightest.

Once I got to know him though, I started to have feelings for him and it was afterwards that I started to fancy him - and I mean, really fancy him.
    This didn't happen until about 3 weeks after we got together, and now I love everything about him, including his looks.

Kind of goes to prove that you don't have to fancy someone to fall for them.

Totally agree. When i first met my boyfriend i didn't really find him attractive, but once i got to know him i really began to think the opposite and now i think he's totally gorgeous.

However in your case its different as you already know the guy and still feel no attraction. Is he attracted to you?
    I call them friends.
    squeal wrote:
    Totally agree. When i first met my boyfriend i didn't really find him attractive, but once i got to know him i really began to think the opposite and now i think he's totally gorgeous.
    I know loads of girls who say that. Interestingly I've never heard a bloke say that. :chin:
    I know loads of girls who say that. Interestingly I've never heard a bloke say that. :chin:

Maybe because us girls are much better looking than all the boys out there :p
    I found in the past that I really liked them as a person, and as that grew, they either became very good mates and stayed as such, or I started to fall for them overall and they became attractive to me. That make sense?
    I'm greedy, i like inner beauty and outter looks. I'm very fortunate though, i find my fiance incredibly attractive and he has a wonderfull personality. :love: What a catch! Now what the hell is he doing with the likes of me? :lol:
    Yes. This happened to me... It all ended in tears.
    Ever found yourself really fancying someone's inner self, like their voice, the way they talk, what they say, their mind, personality, sense of humor, etc

BUT

You just don't fancy them at all on the outside? Their hair, their loks, their build, etc?

If so what happened?

There's someone I've been intouch with lately such a nice person on the inside but on the outside just don't fancy them .. :(

Strange thing is, the girl i'm in love with, the girl i can barely talk without making a fool out of myself, isn't as attractive as many i know. She still is though and if she wasn't, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't feel the same.
    There was this girl I went out with about three and a half years ago now, and the attraction was really, really weird.

She was nice looking, but there was so much more about her. I think I fell for her personality, the way she spoke and just the way she was with me, it's so hard to explain. The fact that she was nice looking was just a bonus.

She was such a special person and I'm still to this day don't really talk about her, because the time we spent together was so special. I haven't had a relationship like that since really, and I think there really was a deep bond there.

Ending it is the single biggest regret I've got, but I think it's because it was based on a lot more than me thinking she was proper fit.

That probably had nothing to do with anything, but oh well.
    squeal wrote:
    Maybe because us girls are much better looking than all the boys out there :p
    Too right you are.
    It's all about genetic perfection I'm afraid.