Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best & Worst

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Best; the amazing school trips, getting to see my friends everyday, a level english lessons, my french and german teachers, sword fighting in school

Worst; getting in trouble, being bullied, failing exams, the early mornings, the canteen food, the evil evil politics teacher and idiot head of sixth form.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Not true at all. I never got bullied nor was is popular in school.

Me neither.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Not really, it was the same at my school. I wasn't popular, I was not a bully nor was I bullied. There were the fights, but those were mostly between kids on the "other side of town" between themselves. There were a couple kids who were made fun of but really only a couple. I went to the same school for 12 years with the same kids and in that time bullying was just not a big thing. It happened, of course, but rarely and not to many people.
    i think i was just unlucky and happened to be in a year full of evil cunts

there was never more than 20 in each year group as 2 year groups would be in a class together so it was usually about 15 in each year - easy to be picked out

my senior school is huuge and i get on with most folk and never had any trouble, it was easy to keep your head down there. But i also stood up for myself.
  • Options
    I also loved being taught/playing poker in year 10 until we got caught, told off and banned. Trying to beat my maths teacher at chess in the maths lunchtime club and always losing. Being the sorce of constant gossip in secondary school was intresting but it was all utter bollocks. I also never got a dentention despite trying quite hard on some occasions. And sending the lost year 8's in wrong direction completley was amusing, if a bit cruel.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Best: School Sports, girls in uniform, fighting, as for lessons anything to do with science or PE was best.

Worst: Homework and teachers that had it in for me.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Best Part: that it was 20 years ago and so much of it is now a distant memory - the only things I can really remember are the mates I had (but no longer see), the teachers I loved and hated, and the games I played for the school team.

Worst Part: that when I now go to parent/teacher at my son's secondary, there are two teachers there who taught me. And still remember that fact.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i forgot kiss chase! we only played it in primary school but our version was acemer. if the boys caught you they would take you to their 'dungeon' and line you up against the wall. then they could choose whether to kiss you ro look up your skirt :razz:
    haha

I used to go out with the hardest boy so that made me in charge, I used to make all the lads line up and kiss the wall or beat up my best friend up if we fell out!! she was a dead fats runner though and always got away :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I loved detention... I think I was naughtier in detentions than I was in the actual lessons. I mean, they can't give you another detention, right?! It got really good when me and my brother used to be in the same detentions every week... at least I had someone to walk home with. :thumb:
    Bloody disgraceful.

The worst detention reason for me was skiving school for 3 hours just randomly, and getting caught outside the chippy by the big fat Geordie deputy head.

Bastard.
  • Options
    Best:

Seeing my mates for 6 hours a day, then going home and phoning them to discuss what we had just done together (if that makes sense)

Some bloody good TV when I came home from school (Bodger & Badger, My Parents are Aliens)

The Drama of teachers, I think a lot of my teachers were extremely un balanced individuals

'Customising' your uniform

Worst:

Falling out with your friends, cuz then you're life really sucked.

Going to a Scottish school

Getting Scottish qualifications, most employers are like 'Standard Grades?!'

The skanky school pool with floating plasters etc
  • Options
    bodger and badger was awsome!! im still eating mash potatoe on a weekly basis because of that show
  • Options
    Now I've read more..
    Worst: The introductory school trip to a camp site in year 7.. was really awful.. I was so homesick, that I cried almost constantly, think my psycho-fits scared off any would-be schoolfriends for the first few weeks. Plus there was a 7 mile cliff-top walk, and canoeing, where I got paired with a complete deliquent, and ended up drifting out to sea when he refused to paddle.

P.E. was utter shite. Don't think I did a single proper lesson in the last 2 years.. always got my mum to give me a note, or hid in the library. I just found it completely embarrassing, felt like people were watching my physical efforts :p.

Music was rubbish. I could never compose anything original, and if we were ever put in groups, the whole lesson would be an argument on who would get the big drum.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    - A bomb scare we once had which resulted in all the students waiting on a muddy field for 2 hours in the rain. Gawd.

Bwahahaha!!! Bomb scare...

I snuck off for a joint. Then sat mind numbingly bored chatting shit on thie field. ;o
  • Options
    I wanna include Fire Drills in the Best categories.

I set of the alarm once but shhh ;)
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Bwahahaha!!! Bomb scare...

I snuck off for a joint. Then sat mind numbingly bored chatting shit on thie field. ;o
    Oh that was hell. Charlotte whateverhernamewas got given a banana by Mrs Readhead because she was hungry and the rest of us got fuck all. I was sat in the field starving and hating her more than anything else in the world. And Lizzy left the house keys in her bag, so I had to wait to be picked up while everyone else got to walk home :grump:.