Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best & Worst

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Franki wrote:
    Best - erm...erm...Idon'tknow :o. History was fun. Other than that, not a great deal.

Word to that. Add in pot smoking and drinking.
    Franki wrote:
    Worst - P.E

Yup. And bullying, the working and the shiteness of Notley itself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Best:

- Escaping from home

- Having so many laughs with my friends, they were the best

- In regards to my best subject, I'd say food-tech as me and my friends used to steal ingredients from the cupboard each lesson and make cookies :yum:

Worst:

- Bullying- was bullied alot in year 8/9. It wasn't so bad in year 10 though although it was still happening, it just didn't affect me so much.

- PE- Omg, I hated this subject so so much. I can't do anything innit right tbh.

- A bomb scare we once had which resulted in all the students waiting on a muddy field for 2 hours in the rain. Gawd.
    Good: Dinners, cooking, english, history when it wasnt always about the IR, RE, home times, being suspended, selling fags, holidays

Bad: Come downs on a monday, other kids, maths, Physics, PE and anything else not mentioned
    Im kind of surprised to see how many people were bullied. shame really.
    if you don't get bullied at some point then you probably are a bully

unless you're just one of the very very lucky ones that are 'cool' enough to not get bullied but aren't bullies.
    I think bullying is a normal part of life. I don't mean the kind of severe bullying where you get beat up and that. Like, I got a load of stick for wearing massive glasses in the first couple of years at high school. Then I got older, got contact lenses, people had less stuff to rip me on. But I know that I've bullied people before - I'm not saying I'm proud of it. But everyone does it.
    JsT wrote:
    You weren't the only one permanantly in detention :(

I loved detention... I think I was naughtier in detentions than I was in the actual lessons. I mean, they can't give you another detention, right?! It got really good when me and my brother used to be in the same detentions every week... at least I had someone to walk home with. :thumb:
    Ballerina wrote:

unless you're just one of the very very lucky ones that are 'cool' enough to not get bullied but aren't bullies.
    i guess it depends on what school you go to. in my year i know of one girl who got bullied but it was a general concensus that no one liked her.
    sometimes i had slagging matches with some boys on my school coach but thats about it.
    lipsy wrote:
    i guess it depends on what school you go to. in my year i know of one girl who got bullied but it was a general concensus that no one liked her.
    sometimes i had slagging matches with some boys on my school coach but thats about it.
    well at primary school it was one or the other, either you sided with the bullies or you got bullied....it wasn't until my last year that everyone just left each other alone

but it was a small school so it's easier to pick out victims, then i went to a senior school which is one of the biggest in the county and had no trouble.
    I loved detention...

I never got detention. I lived out in the sticks so had to get a chartered school bus as there weren't any buses to/from school from where i lived, so if i got detention a teacher had to give me a lift home, and they couldn't be arsed. :)
    Ballerina wrote:
    well at primary school it was one or the other, either you sided with the bullies or you got bullied....it wasn't until my last year that everyone just left each other alone
    oh in primary school i was in the cool gang :cool:
    secondary school was huge and most people were just on a level pegging with each other.
    Best thing was leaving school
    Worst thing was going.

I absolutly hated it. From year 7-11 I had mostly cover teachers so the teaching was crap. I had alot of trouble makers in my class which made the learning crap. Our HOY was only interested in the top classes and basically ignored the others. And the discipline was a complete joke, you could do anything and not really get in trouble.

Primary school on the other hand I loved, and would do it all over again. :)
    Best: Social Science or EPS as our school called it, History (early 20th century), the huge mob that surrounded the dinnertime scrap, my final GCSE exam.

Worst: Maths, school reports, the boredom. the odd few teachers.
    My primary school was pretty good. There was only 20 in my class, and everyone pretty much got on. We only had the odd bit of fighting with the year below, not in our own year.

Anyway best: the time we got hold of the headmasters stamp. The slutty girls coming out of a vauxhall nova at lunch time saying "you can't tell we're stoned can you?" The first time someone went out with someone from a different year in the school (shock, horror!). Rugby in the mud, even though I was shit. When it was pissing it down and the teacher said "right, we're gonna play badminton today instead." :yippe: Being allowed on the grass in the summer. Looking up rude words in the French dictionarys, and writing "Blow" before the book of Job in the Bible. Learning about bra sizes and tampons from the girls. The canteen pies. My English teacher who help me find what I wanted to do with my life.

Worst: Cross country or orienteering in the rain. Having to wear clothes out of the "dossy dustbin" when you forgot your kit. Underpants being taken out of the "dossy dustbin" and put in your bag or on your head. When you forgot to take your kit out after last time and had to wear it damp with that horrible wet smell. Hockey sticks on cold knuckles. Collective punishments. Music lessons where the teacher never came because she had a play to do, and we had to just copy the biographies of dead composers for an hour.
    i forgot kiss chase! we only played it in primary school but our version was acemer. if the boys caught you they would take you to their 'dungeon' and line you up against the wall. then they could choose whether to kiss you ro look up your skirt :razz:
    lipsy wrote:
    i forgot kiss chase! we only played it in primary school but our version was acemer. if the boys caught you they would take you to their 'dungeon' and line you up against the wall. then they could choose whether to kiss you ro look up your skirt :razz:
    I loved playing that. :blush:
    sophia wrote:
    feeling unpopular, lonely, and inadequate because I was wearing the wrong shoes/coat etc;
    Did you not have the Kickers with the little tag on them, and the red and green on either sole?
    Ballerina wrote:

disagree, but i think people have different views on what bullying is. like when does a practical joke or banter become bullying?
    sophia wrote:
    No, we were too poor :crying: Single parent family you know.... :(

:razz:
    We had to go down to the factory shop and search for the 3 pairs of Kickers they had in the whole building. "Yeah mum, of course they fit. My feet have grown loads lately." Then you had to go through it all again when it came to football boots. If you were lucky, they'd have a pair of Puma Kings in, or something adidas. If not, you were stuck with Hitec.
    Did you not have the Kickers with the little tag on them, and the red and green on either sole?

I read knickers and was really confused.
    Ah yes, I remember when Kickers where the thing to have. Also PODS, not sure if that transferred across the sea.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Ah yes, I remember when Kickers where the thing to have. Also PODS, not sure if that transferred across the sea.
    Yeah I remember Pods. That was the same time that Ellesse were quite big if I remember right.
    Best: spending time with friends, playing pranks, doing stuff you weren't supposed to do, playing TV games in unhealthy amounts and blissfully ignoring how unrealistic the dreams I had were. :(

I'm sort of hovering between a negative and positive light, so I wouldn't say so much positive about my childhood (the part I've finished). So the worst things are; sleepless nights and lovesickness, shyness; punishments, homework; beautiful girls, loneliness; stress and performance anxiety.

Anyone know what happened to carpe diem? :rolleyes:
    Best: Pogs. Remember them? And tamagochis. Premier League stickers. Wrestling figures. Mini Boglins. Ahh the memories.

ETA: And The Demon Headmaster
    Ballerina wrote:

Not true at all. I never got bullied nor was is popular in school.
    lipsy wrote:

:o
    Yerascrote wrote:

yeh i remember how kickers had either a green or red circle on the sole of the foot.

i never had kickers but i had a pair of pods.
    HIT wrote:
    Not true at all. I never got bullied nor was is popular in school.
    you were just lucky then
    Ballerina wrote:
    you were just lucky then

Not really, it was the same at my school. I wasn't popular, I was not a bully nor was I bullied. There were the fights, but those were mostly between kids on the "other side of town" between themselves. There were a couple kids who were made fun of but really only a couple. I went to the same school for 12 years with the same kids and in that time bullying was just not a big thing. It happened, of course, but rarely and not to many people.