Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Changing courses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How easy is it to do?
I'm 3 weeks into a business studies course but tbh i'm kind of wishing i'd taken my other option of digital media technology - because this is what im good at.

Its not that the work im doing at the moment is too difficult, more that i just dont find any of it interests me at all.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need to think about how you know you'd like the other course any better.

Talk to the department you'd want to change to, if they won't take you there's no point in persuing it. Talk to your current department (you'll probably need their blessing) and talk to your tutor because it's going to be them that'll sort the transfer for you if you get it.

I did it really easily at the end of the first year, but it was a well trodden path and a straight forward change.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    changing course should be pretty simple, will need to get permission from the course convenors and a course change form...

if u think the course is shit get out while you can! Sometimes it might be better to give the course a chance to develop but the later you leave it the harder it is to change to a completely diff course (generally easy to change within the dept tho)