Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best & Worst

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The best and worst things about when you were at school.

Best - Chemistry, Biology and Cookery (i loved the subject and my teachers were fab :thumb:), naughtyness with someone :naughty:, dinners, being a prefect.

Worst - the bullying, english :yuck: and the dozy old tart that taught us English, and that bastard P.E. teacher who smacked me round the chops.

Comments

• Options
    Best - erm...erm...Idon'tknow :o. History was fun. Other than that, not a great deal.

Worst - P.E, and the bitch that decided taking the piss out of me every lesson was a good idea.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Best: Algorithmics (in the last year), Mathematics and Physics.
    Worst (in this order): Geography, History, Chemistry.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant best and worst classes. OK:
    Best: Funny things that happened sometimes, the fact that there wasn't so much stress about school.
    Worst: Spending the recesses alone, walking back and forth through the corridors, sometimes being followed by some guys having fun with me by pretending to be polite.
  • Options
    EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant best and worst classes. OK

No, best and worst anything. Classes, teachers, mates, dinner, things you did. Anything at all :)
  • Options
    Best parts: Leaving, breaking into the minibus with a hairclip, lunchtimes on the field with Zoe, Ben, Phill, Joe and Ami
    Worst parts: Bullying, bullying, bullying.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Think the bullying was the only bad aspect really. I didn't really enjoy school at the time but looking back it was actually a good laugh.
  • Options
    Best: English, music and choir
    Worst: Bullying, the atmosphere, loneliness, the work other than English and music (I never felt I was any good at it)
  • Options
    Maths, that was another one. And being known to the teachers as "Mr Murphy's daughter" (he teaches at the feeder primary school) and having to live up to that.
  • Options
    best: going to the pub at lunchtime, supply teachers!, mass football matches, pissing around in science lessons, the fact you see loads of people you know everyday, funny rumours, the bus, P.E,

worst: assemblys, english lessons, school uniform, homework,
  • Options
    best was Art. I loved it and used to spend lunchtimes quite often in the art room.

worst, the bullying.
  • Options
    Best: escape from school to my mates house.

Worst: The bullying, the stress, the hours (on bus at 8:00 inthe morning home again at 7:30 in the evening), The loneliness, The cold.
  • Options
    Best-Irish,English,History, messing about annoying teachers, smoking, having a laugh, rec room,making friends.

Worst-Maths! Being a bully in my younger years, in retrospect I was a dick but have apologised to those I bullied and am on good terms, teachers being wankers, class in general.
  • Options
    this is going to sound so sucky but:

best- my biology- who now works with my boyfriend, physics- who everyone fancied, Spanish-who happened to be a german guy whos parents live in madrid and mallorca and IT teacher- who was a mad irsh woman who put up with so much.

worst- all the other pupils, and my english teacher- who accussed me of cheating and then couldn't prove it.
  • Options
    Best - Science & Food Tech
    Worst - Year 11 (for loads of reasons), being put in mixed sets, teachers who can't teach, bullying, PE (and having to bring kit when I wasn't able to do it)
  • Options
    Best: P.E, Cooking Class, Art, school dinners and being taught in an amazing school that looked like a castle with brilliant resources.

Worst: Assembly, school uniform, Maths and Physics
  • Options
    Best

When somebody fell of their chair

When somebody dropped their tray in the canteen and getting a "Waaaaahhheeeeey!" followed by a round of applause

Kidnapping the fairy off the top of the Xmas tree in the hall and leaving a ransom note. The whole 6th year got a punny for that till the culprit came forward

The fact you got to see your mates every day of the week

Worst

Forgetting my PE kit and having to do it in these fucking awful see through PE department shorts

Social dancing at Christmas

Getting excluded for doing something really fucking stupid in 4th year
  • Options
    best - absent teachers and doing nothing for an hour, my primary school was just like a private school and i felt lucky to have gone there

worst - p.e, maths, being bullied at primary school, teachers who hold a grudge against you for no reason, bitches, dicks, being harrassed by the guys, annoying little kids, cross country, being kicked outside into the rain/cold by teachers that stay inside, physics, the nurse at senior school who bitched about me and told the receptionist i was an attention seeker when i had panic attacks, the teacher at primary school who told my parents i was the one who was bullying my brother (when i was sticking up for him) just so they could deny there was a bullying problem. Teachers that did f all when people were kicking my chair, kicking my back and breaking my stuff right in front of them.

Argh, i didn't enjoy school much tbh lol
  • Options
    best:the art teacher who blatantly went to his 'store cupboard' to get stoned, leaving you to do whatever the fuck you liked all lesson, the young student teacher we had one time who made you feel 100% better about the fuckwits calling you names and throwing little bits of chewed chewing gum into your hair in RE because she said they would be 'barefoot and pregnant by 20' (she was quite right), English, Art, training days, the netball team, study leave, 6 weeks holiday every summer, the History teacher I was slightly in love with, someone throwing a javelin at the insane PE teacher, the time someone called in a bomb threat and we all got taken half a mile down the road on buses while the bomb squad were called in, and it turned out to be a shoebox with a deconstructed calculator, blu tack and a whole load of sand in, and the missing of double biology as a result.

worst: 98% of my fellow pupils, the technology teacher who had a fondness for putting his hand on your leg, forgetting your gym kit and having to choose some pre-worn stuff from The Box :yuck:, when it was 90 degrees out and you had to keep your tie on, when it was chucking it down with rain and you all had to cram into the hall, doing gym in year 7 and 8 in a LEOTARD with the boys, just as you reached your most awkward and unsightly of stages, having to wear a skirt every day and dress in grey with a hint of grey and grey accessories.
  • Options
    Best: Seeing my friends everyday, PE, having a lot of fun with my collegues, joking with/about teachers, the fact that school was easy and a breeze through it, the big leisure time where you could meet friends everyday

worst: school itself, hopeless cases of strubbles being in love with stupid chicks.
  • Options
    Oh, a worst: blazers. Arsing wanking sodding blazers that were too hot in summer (and we weren't allowed to take them off, either, without permission, and we had to wear them to school and out of school), and way, way too cold in winter.

Booooo.
  • Options
    Best.. Most of english and art. Seeing my mates without having to organise anything. Meeting new people. Juicy gossip/crushes. Funny lessons - like when a supply can't cope, and ends up giving everyone detention for sneezing, or dropping a pencil.. and we continue to not give a shit. Xmas in the lower years, when you don't do anything in lessons but watch videos and make decorations. When an R.E. substitute randomly complimented my mate in a wierd way, went on to talk about his own religion, then cried as he spoke of his recent marriage breakdown.

Worst.. I can think of more things to put in this one.. Uniform, and the uniform officer who used to make out I was a bad student, just because I ignored her warnings.. Bullying, or intimidation/threats, for most of my time.. Not feeling confident enough to even walk through the same corridor as these people.. Crap weather, and having to stand out in the rain while staff watched you through the windows with their mugs of tea.. Lack of vegetarian options in the canteen.. Total stress after being completely slack, and having to catch up at the last minute.. Days when you really just don't want to go anymore.
  • Options
    Best: Maths, my maths teachers who did a lot to encourage me, My RE teacher who retired once I left sixth form and was the most brillient down to earth teacher you could ever have, my form tutor who wrote a rather cheeky comment in my leaving book, all the free periods in sixth from and living so close I could enjoy that at home. Someone trying to set the science lab on fire in year 11 top-set. My brillent college accounts tutor, who helped me a lot.

Worst: The bullying, the bitchiness, the bullying, my GSCE drama teacher, my middle school teacher who was a complete bitch and did nothing to help the bullying and trying to expell my brother because she didnt want to deal with his learning disorder. My mum still hates her to this day. The cheeky year 9 who had a go at when I was in upper sixth because I was wearing the same hoodie at her, she got a right mouthful back. The crappy cliques at college that ment I didnt have a social group at all in the last year.
  • Options
    im shocked at the amount of people that associate their school memories with bullying thats awfull, i thought it was only certain people it happpend to.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    im shocked at the amount of people that associate their school memories with bullying thats awfull, i thought it was only certain people it happpend to.
    im not shocked but it is awful.
  • Options
    Best: Art, science, the fact that life was so easy back then, never revising for tests but always passing, mufti days (non uniform), cookery classes when we got to cook yummy things, silly lunchtime activities, summer days when we got to lay on the field at breaks in the sun.

Worst: Being bullied by peers AND teachers, coursework, maths, history, leotards (soo true, kaffrin), being forced to do laps of the field when i had a serious condition because the mean pe teachers didnt believe me so i'd almost collapse :|, being too scared to go to the loo because people used to peer over/under the cubicle doors, or because of fear of finding a floater in the toilet.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Best: Art, science, the fact that life was so easy back then, never revising for tests but always passing, mufti days (non uniform), cookery classes when we got to cook yummy things, silly lunchtime activities, summer days when we got to lay on the field at breaks in the sun.

Worst: Being bullied by peers AND teachers, coursework, maths, history, leotards (soo true, kaffrin), being forced to do laps of the field when i had a serious condition because the mean pe teachers didnt believe me so i'd almost collapse :|, being too scared to go to the loo because people used to peer over/under the cubicle doors, or because of fear of finding a floater in the toilet.
    i was bullied by my old headmaster at primary school....leaves you pretty stuck doesn't it? :(
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    I'm kinda shocked as well. I didn't realise the problem was as bad as it actually is. My mum said that I was bullied at school, but because it was more people playing on the fact that I get worked up over things VERY easily, rather than like...beating me up, and the kind of psychological stuff I think of bullies doing, I don't/can't see it that way. I see where she's coming from, but for the most part (except for the time I spent half of year 8 being repeatedly kicked in the legs for the whole of breaks and lunches by the same person - always came home with dirty trousers and bruised legs) the people that did it weren't doing it to deliberately upset me. I guess I'm just shocked at the extent of it.

And mostly, my teachers were pretty good, they were nice to us and tried to help us and the like, except my PE teacher, who was just a bitch, plain and simple.
  • Options
    Best - seeing my mates, having a laugh, being naughty, not having to try too hard or worry about bills/debts/work

Worst - blazers, having to work, being shit at maths, detentions nearly every night
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

I'm not. At my high school you were pretty much either a bully or you were bullied (to a greater or lesser extent).
  • Options
    I was one of the "cool" kids so didn't get bullied, still didn't stop the slagging matches that went on between us. There's definately a psychological problem with bullies, lack empathy or something.

In primary school we got smacked by our teachers, cunts they weren't allowed to do it haha! :shocking:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Best - seeing my mates, having a laugh, being naughty, not having to try too hard or worry about bills/debts/work

Worst - blazers, having to work, being shit at maths, detentions nearly every night
    You weren't the only one permanantly in detention :(