Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

UK size 4

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :confused: What is?
    that we've c ome to a situation where shops have to introduce size 4s just so people can feel good about themselves and buy the clothes.
    lipsy wrote:
    that we've c ome to a situation where shops have to introduce size 4s just so people can feel good about themselves and buy the clothes.

i thought that'd have been pretty obvious seeing as you said it directly after the previous post about making sizes smaller to make people feel good about themselves.

oh well..
    i thought that'd have been pretty obvious seeing as you said it directly after the previous post about making sizes smaller to make people feel good about themselves.

oh well..
    yeh i know! ;)
    I wish shops would have a more standard size, whether it be a 4 or a 14. Atm in my wardrobe i have clothes sizes 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16. I'm a size 12, yet all these clothes fit me! We need strandardisation! :mad:
    D'know what? I really don't care what size the clothes are, as long as they fit right, are made well and look good/suits me well.
    they have a UK size 2 in gap
    yeah, bu tthe size 2 in gap is like a size 6/8 in other shops though...
    katralla wrote:
    yeah, bu tthe size 2 in gap is like a size 6/8 in other shops though...
    yeah she said it was just a bit smaller than a size 6. i was completley baffled and a bit "whats the point in calling it a size 2 then??" so left the shop.
    I think all this sizing is stupid i'm a size 8 but when i find clothes that are a size 8 and are too big i feel bad in the sense that i don't want to have to buy anything smaller and so i won't if i had to buy something in a size 4 i'd feel disgusted and almost worried that i was really that small and just seeing a distorted larger view of myself int he mirror. Primark is terrible for sizing i tryed to buy some really nice chinese pjs and the size 8 was like a 12/14 and they didn't go any smaller it's ridiculous.
    I think it's disgusting that shops keep messing around with sizing.
    I'd feel really crap if I had to buy a size 4, because I've struggled to put weight on for the past few years and now I've managed to put a stone on and the thought of having to buy clothes with tiny sizes again does not make me feel good.

I haven't seen any size 4s available where I live yet... And I hope I don't cos it'd piss me off no end.
    lipsy wrote:
    yeah she said it was just a bit smaller than a size 6. i was completley baffled and a bit "whats the point in calling it a size 2 then??" so left the shop.

good on you! What I did was buy some wool ones and shrink 'em in te wash. What's super super annoying about this size 4 malarky is that I bet they're not actually any smaller so people who had trouble buying trousers before are still going to have trouble buying them now. I say this and I swear I'm not skinny. I'm about the same siz now as I was at 14 when I was a size 8. Even that was a tad silly coz old stuff in my mum's wardrobe at size 10/12 was snug on the ole waist band... sigh
    so i could really be a size 22 in normal measurements! i have clothing sizes ranging from size 14-20 though..clothes shop are bloody annoying sometimes. I dont mind admitting that im big, but it is so annoying how it changes so drastically from one shop to the next, even between different jeans in the same shop!! Id much rather just know im one size, rather than having to try on 3 different sizes for the same item of clothing...
    lipsy wrote:
    Doesn't Gap do stuff in US sizes? Someone once told me they did...
    I went to try on a dress in Bay trading, size 8, and it was too big, was shocked when i asked if they do a size 6, and they said Yes, Still could have been slightly smaller though.

I've found River Island 6 are a perfect fit for me
    I've never ever seen a size 4 before :chin:
    i think it is nessarsary. a lot of people are getting bigger and they have started doing ranges for bigger people in h&m, new look, matalan and mk 1. they have also started doing size 22 in dorothy perkins and next. no one complains wen they start making bigger clothes but people go crazy about the small clothes and i agree that my mum used to be a size 16 and her size 16's dont fit me even tho that is my size
    I bet a size 4 wouldn't fit me either. In Next, size 6 tops are fine on the bust, huge on the waist. I don't even look at size 8 unless it's a coat/jumper. As far as jeans go, I need a size 6 so the bloody things stay up, but then they're too tight on my hips, so I need the 8.

Don't even get me started on New Look, George etc. :grump:

I'm not sure we should have standardised sizings, as people with any other body shape that doesn't conform to a standard, will be bollocksed. But standardised sizings within stores would be a good start.
    wow, even at 5'6 and 7st13 i was still too big for a size 8.
    xsazx wrote:
    they do need to sell a wider range of sizes though as im nearly 16 yet im in 11 year olds clothes most of the time and pjs being 9yr olds (but then i was anorexic for a good few years and still grossly under weight) but was in la senzas the other day trying to get a really nice pj set and they only had size 16 which is not fair on those which are naturally skinny :(
    if the media quit the idea of a perfect body then im sure the smaller sizes would soon disappear and the rate of anorexic teens would also decline

eta: i have an awful self perception still seeing myself fat (not helped by years of bullying) and i was still handed a weight watchers leaflet round the shops when i was offically classed as anorexic. Clothes sizes definately need to keep to the same measurements so searching is alot less hassle and you dont have the worry of going back for a different size
    Don't worry too much about the Weight Watchers leaflet I believe they get more money the more leaflets they hand out. I got a Bravissimo leaflet one day and they do bras for D cup plus and it's obvious when you look at me I'm not that size.
    Sikorah wrote:

wel, maybe six months ago but now, that would probably be a 2 or something.... lol
    imo nobody should be bothered or offended if clothes are a size 4 or 40, aslong as they fit nicely who cares?
    Sikorah wrote:
    me too - well a year ago i was 8st and 5ft 6 and was somewhere between an 8 and a 10 (I never could find a size 9)
    Different people are built differently.
    me too - well a year ago i was 8st and 5ft 6 and was somewhere between an 8 and a 10 (I never could find a size 9)
    Different people are built differently.

and just in comparison, im about 5ft 5/6, 8 and a half stone, and a size 6 or sometimes an 8! everybodys just bigger in some places and lickeler in others! x