Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diabetes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so i may not have it but im going to the doctors later because i dont feel right.

basically lately i've been dead light headed, shaky, weak, exhausted, my eyes hurt, really thirsty, i cant get rid of dry skin no matter how much i exfoliate and moisturise.

the internet tells me it could be diabetes, but obviously i aint believing it until i have been to the doctor.

anyone got diabetes or had similar symtoms and been diagnosed with something else?

Comments

• Options
    Dinted wrote:
    Ok, so i may not have it but im going to the doctors later because i dont feel right.

basically lately i've been dead light headed, shaky, weak, exhausted, my eyes hurt, really thirsty, i cant get rid of dry skin no matter how much i exfoliate and moisturise.

the internet tells me it could be diabetes, but obviously i aint believing it until i have been to the doctor.

anyone got diabetes or had similar symtoms and been diagnosed with something else?
    I used to have those symptoms. It was mainly because I used to go a long time without food and/or didnt eat alot of carbs.

I went for a blood test and it came back all clear.
  • Options
    yeah, im always eating though, my nickname is dustbin at work because i dont stop eating.

only an hour til my doctors appointment...
  • Options
    well apparently its all to do with my depression which ive had for ages and never felt like this.

but i dont agree.

grr
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:
    well apparently its all to do with my depression which ive had for ages and never felt like this.

but i dont agree.

grr
    if you don't agree then go back and see a different doctor. you know your body more than anyone else.

on a sidenote that nickname is quite funny. i've been pigging out loads lately at work - my hunger never ceases but everyone takes the piss and says im pregnant.
  • Options
    You can really easily test for diabetes and to a doctor the symptons are usually very clear.

Those symptons can point to a lot of things, and can appear for no good reason at all, so don't necessarily think you're being misdiagnosed. Give it a bit more time and if you're still getting the symptons go back.
  • Options
    do they still do those free tests at lloyds?
  • Options
    xsazx wrote:
    excess drinking and needing the loo more than normally are one of the key things looked for in diabetes can normally be tested with a simple urine test (for glucose) ask to be tested or go to a different doctor if you're worried
    well im a care worker at a residential home 2mz.

tbh my urine is a tad on the cloudy side. but like others and myself have said it could being nothing or something else.

guess time will tell eh
  • Options
    Urine gets cloudy for loads of reasons, it when you have gallons of it that you get concerned.
  • Options
    i have had type one diabetes for 18 years. i woulday as someone else has said if your not happy with the docs opinion see another. you certainly have some of the symptoms of diabetes but it could be other things.
    it is very important to have diabetes diagnosed quickly so do see someone else if you are not happy.
    try not to worry too much about it. it could be a number of things.
    any questions just ask, i consider myself a bit of a veteran in it now, ha ha!
  • Options
    Dinted wrote: »

Just came across this thread and was wondering .. Did you ever get your results back?
  • Options
    Yeah - it was my depression showing itself in physical symptoms.

I'm so much better now though :D