Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Heather Mills McCartney

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Money-grabbing, conniving *itch or someone who has been grossly misunderstood? Any views?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    people often have messy divorces when they really actually did care about each other. Fine line between love and hate and all that. It's just this one is in the media spot-light.
    i'd like to think heather is being a silly cow and making stuff up.

i love paul too much to think bad of him.
    i never really read much about it but i was disgusted at how the press completley vilified her and made paul out to be a saint. of course they would because shes an evil money grabbing woman and hes from the beatles. i wouldn't be surprised if theres more to it. i doubt hes as innocent as his wrinkly little face looks.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    koe_182 wrote:
    i'd like to think heather is being a silly cow and making stuff up.

i love paul too much to think bad of him.

Aye.

I think her claims probabl have some basis - but she was a gold digger, no doubt - she kept a diary of all the bad things from day 1 - why else would you?
    i like how they said "he did illegal drugs"

probably meant he had a spliff every now and then or something, hardly worth £100m or whatever she's after!!
    The tabloids called her a gold-digger from day 1 and called Paul McCartney stupid for not signing a pre-nup. Looks like they were right.
    TBH if I had to sleep with the creator of the Frog Song and Mull of Kintyre I'd be demanding a hefty payout as well.
    koe_182 wrote:

probably meant he had a spliff every now and then or something, hardly worth £100m or whatever she's after!!
    He's in a band for God's sake. That's hardly a revelation. In fact isn't there a video of him admitting to taking LSD from back in the day?
    Her claims are probably partially true but inflated, his claims are probably partially true but inflated.

That's how divorce works, folks.
    Regardless of what she may or may not have done (and tbh I don't really care), the media's treatment of her has been misogynistic and quite disgraceful.
    Well, exactly.

Any woman who dares go for a good settlement is a "gold digger" "robbing" her "hard working husband".

The figures being talked about are about a quarter of McCartney's worth, which seems fair enough to me.
    Who knows what happens in other people's relationships?
    She should get some settlement, yes but I don't think a quarter of his worth. After all his money was made long before she came along.
    So what if his money was already made. Surely he knew how much there was before he "married" her. Therefore, if not half, then at least some of it is hers!
    yeah and that's why he didnt do a prenup, so he must be happy with it.
    my own personal thoughts are that I don't think she should be entitled to that much. Maybe if when they were married she was dependant on him for money and that was how their married life would be but she worked and made her own money too.
    Is he going to get half of everything she has? And would he deserve it?
    Well, the way I see it, unless there's a good reason why not, the resources should be pooled and then split.
    I see your point, he should have had a prenup but my personal opinion is I'd be fucked off if someone wanted half of my money after we hadn't been married very long. It's his own fault.
    When my mum left her long term partner she asked for nothing. After all, he made his money before she was around and his house used to be his mum's. She took her car that he bought her and her belongings. I think she should have asked for a little bit to help set herself up but she didn't. She felt it wasn't hers to take.

None of us even know what she wants anyway.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    None of us even know what she wants anyway.

I suspect you are correct
    koe_182 wrote:

probably meant he had a spliff every now and then or something
    why do u suspect that?

it is well known that he has done harder drugs than cannabis in his life

i dont like heather, then again, i dont like paul, so i cant say the media attention has really interested me

all that i do expect of him, is that he should see that his daughter is taken care of, i dont care how much he gives heather
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I see your point, he should have had a prenup

She asked for one, he said no... Sounds like he wants to share all his wealth to me.
    I think a quarter of his worth is by far a massively too high a pay out! Especially since he offered to completely provide for the child they have in way possible and give her a one off £10 million settlement at the very beginning which she turned her nose up at as being far to low.

They were married only a few years, she had absolutely nothing what so ever to do in any way shape or form in helping him build his personal fortune and he has already made it clear he wants to be in his childs life and provide for his child. Further more he has actually raised her profile, he has helped her out in her charity work and helped her raise money...if anything she should have taken his offer straight up because she doesnt deserve a quarter of his worth.

If she had been their when he made his fortune instead of just marrying into the money, then its a much different story.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    She asked for one, he said no... Sounds like he wants to share all his wealth to me.
    yep, cos ur divorcing him

n if she wanted a prenup, why wuold she be hankering for loads?
    *shrugs* I'm not her, I'm saying he had the chance to protect himself and didn't. He's got no-one to blame for the potential for her to take a load of money off him.

It's emotional compentation maybe