Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pick a chair, any chair!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, first date cinema. Where do you sit????

Honestly now!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On the chair:chin:
    It'd be really naff if you sat at the back, although I guess it depends if you're 15 or not...
    well unless youre planning on doing the whole 13-year old snogging in the back seat of the darkest corner instead of actually WATCHING the film you'd paid to see because youre probably too embarassed to kiss in the daylight then id suggest it really doesnt matter.
    wherever you want to sit, wherever you can see the screen. personally i prefer back and centre;)
    Middle? or a few rows from the back. You want to be able to see the screen...
    OK, first date cinema. Where do you sit????

Honestly now!

in a different row than her, of course...

She could distract me from the movie, with touchy touchy or kissy kissy :nervous:
    worst first dates ever. i did a double date here at 11yrs to see Stargate back in the 90s. I wasn't sure what was expected of me. i just want to watch a film if i go.

pick a seat? the ushers chairs at the back if they ask you to move then go.
    ... or dish out green belt justice. :yes:
    or not go to the cinema at all. Go somewhere else where talking is allowed and kissing is easier than having you're heads in the way of the person behind you who decides to lean forward and politely tell you that you're blocking his/her view with you're tonsil tennis antics. Unless you're sat at the back that is.
    I once had a date like that and while the guy is STILL texting me three years from then (without me responding) my only parting thought was 'never again'.

But when I go, it doesn't matter who I'm with as it's always the same, we find seats that are free and allow us to see the movie fairly well. :thumb:
    StrubbleS wrote:
    ... or dish out green belt justice. :yes:

nice one -- :D are we friends?
    edn1 wrote:
    or not go to the cinema at all. Go somewhere else where talking is allowed and kissing is easier than having you're heads in the way of the person behind you who decides to lean forward and politely tell you that you're blocking his/her view with you're tonsil tennis antics. Unless you're sat at the back that is.

Classic!
    Those lovely two-person chairs you get in old cinemas :D
    Cinema first dates are awful. You can't talk and it's impossible to initiate any sort of contact over those giant fucking cup holders.
    Cinema first dates are awful. You can't talk and it's impossible to initiate any sort of contact over those giant fucking cup holders.
    you can sometimes move the arm up so its like a double seat but the seats are on a slant so its really uncomfy!
    I usually try and sit at the back whoever im with, hate people sitting behind me