Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Freshers 2006!!!!

12346»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GoodFella wrote:
    Quit your jibba jabba :D
    As if your mind would have been on entirely wholesome things. You don't think about your DJing 24-hours a day surely? Wonder if having skills behind the decks would help you pull... :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    As if your mind would have been on entirely wholesome things. You don't think about your DJing 24-hours a day surely? Wonder if having skills behind the decks would help you pull... :p

Im just going to be sensible and not provoke you young Stargalaxy .. instead i will just hunt you down and KILL YOU ...
    GoodFella wrote:
    Im just going to be sensible and not provoke you young Stargalaxy .. instead i will just hunt you down and KILL YOU ...
    You can slaughter me behind the decks with your infinitely superior mixing skills whilst a thousand pigs fly in the air...
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You can slaughter me behind the decks with your infinitely superior mixing skills whilst a thousand pigs fly in the air...

We shall see ... we shall see :yes:
    Holy crap! The end of this week i'll be in Brum! Feels like i should be doing something, i've got most my stuff just a matter of packing. Surely that cant take me 5 days .. but still i feel like i should be doing something :p

Can't wait!
    i moved up to leeds yesterday, its absoutely mental, loving it so far
    GoodFella wrote:
    Holy crap! The end of this week i'll be in Brum! Feels like i should be doing something, i've got most my stuff just a matter of packing. Surely that cant take me 5 days .. but still i feel like i should be doing something :p

Can't wait!
    Know how you feel. I'll be off to Aber first thing Saturday. And I know I should be really excited & possibly even terrified, but all I can feel is a vague sort of mild nervousness. Maybe I'm just too laid back or something...
    I'm back home already. Because - get this - it's more fun here than it is in halls. The freshers are crap this year. Especially the lasses I'm living with, they're just rubbish. Last night we went to the SU bar, had one drink, then they decided that it was crap and boring and went back to play monopoly in the corridor.

Monopoly. In Fresher's week.

Ahhhh, it makes me mad.
    Lil Laura wrote:
    Ahhhh, it makes me mad.
    Question of the day - is a student in Freshers Week likely to have enough money to buy a house in Park Lane?:p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Question of the day - is a student in Freshers Week likely to have enough money to buy a house in Park Lane?:p

Fuck knows. I was busy banging my head against a brick wall and lamenting over the fact that my bottle of lets-all-get-to-know-each-other vodka is still untouched because I'm living with the worlds most pathetic excuses for drama students in the whole entire world.

[/rant]
    Lil Laura wrote:
    Fuck knows. I was busy banging my head against a brick wall and lamenting over the fact that my bottle of lets-all-get-to-know-each-other vodka is still untouched because I'm living with the worlds most pathetic excuses for drama students in the whole entire world.
    Write a play in which the drinking of vodka is involved. Perfect bonding opportunity, perfect drinking opportunity. :p
    Pfft, screw that. I'm inviting mates from home over, we'll show them what a proper night out is.
    Me die now yes ...
    lol

I love freshers week, and I haven't even been to uni ! lol

I did kind of half live in uni once with some friends though. I was that dude that didn't actually enroll but stayed there for ages getting shit faced being the life of the party.. but then had to return to the shackles of modern working life..... and the rest of the rat race!

Still, freshers week rules !
    Lil Laura wrote:
    I'm back home already. Because - get this - it's more fun here than it is in halls. The freshers are crap this year. Especially the lasses I'm living with, they're just rubbish. Last night we went to the SU bar, had one drink, then they decided that it was crap and boring and went back to play monopoly in the corridor.

Ahhhh, it makes me mad.
    Personally I'm with them. Sitting in a bar drinking is the most boring thing in the world to me. Getting all competitive over a board game & fantasizing you have that sort of money sounds a lot more interesting. And the best bit is because it's not real money you're handing over it's a lot cheaper than drinking.
    Personally I'm with them. Sitting in a bar drinking is the most boring thing in the world to me. Getting all competitive over a board game & fantasizing you have that sort of money sounds a lot more interesting. And the best bit is because it's not real money you're handing over it's a lot cheaper than drinking.

its not very sociable though is it, it may be fun but yoour missing out on meeting new people by staying in all the time during freshers week
    stargalaxy wrote:

my halls are just off of oxford street.

uni is fun-ish. i'm not sure yet. I'm at LSE so everyone is crazy smart and beautiful and has had really full lives, it can be a bit intimidating i guess. but then again, if i didn't fit that mould i wouldn't be here...

swings and roundadbouts i guess
    how much is your rent a week if you don't mind me asking??
    olaola wrote:
    its not very sociable though is it, it may be fun but yoour missing out on meeting new people by staying in all the time during freshers week
    I've managed to meet lots of people & make friends & I've only set foot in a bar once & been to a grand total of 2 club nights in the union so far.