Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Late

So alot of people on here already know my situation I'm sure, so I won't go into details and bore anyway. Basically, I was due on last Friday, hadn't come on so took a test Sunday which was negative. Now, wednesday, I still haven't come on and unlike every month usually when you have those little twinges and things before hand, there's been nothing at all. I also weighed myself thinking if I was going to come on I'd weigh quite abit more as you tend to, but nothing. It's only been 5 days but I've never been more than a day late in all the years I've been having periods. Will be taking another test tomorrow just incase the 1st was wrong, but if it's negative again then what's going on with me?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I cant tell you janjan, but a test is more likely to give you the correct answer 5 days late, than it would have done the other day.
    hope its positive!
    id be too impatient to wait till tommorow if it was me.
  • Options
    Well I usually am pretty impatient but it's cost me alot in early response tests so far so promised the boyfriend I'd wait!
  • Options
    dont get early response then. As I have said before, poundland and wilkinsons cheap tests are just as accurate.
    The only difference is, they dont have a plastic cover on the tests. its just a dipstick.
  • Options
    I have my asda test ready and waiting in the drawer, was like £4 for 2.
  • Options
    do it then.
    You come on here and then keep me in suspense for ages. Its just not on!!!
  • Options
    you'll have to wait til tomorrow i;m afraid, i've no internet at home anymore so got to travel a whole 8 miles to use my mothers!
  • Options
    If it helps, it's far more likely to get a false negative on a pregnancy test than a false positive. The test measures HCG levels in your urine, which only the baby creates, so it is more likely to be false negative (i.e. not picking up enough levels of the hormone) than a false positive (i.e. picking up levels of hormone which don't exist).

Hope this was helpful, Good luck :)
  • Options
    Best of luck :)
  • Options
    took the test and negative again, so went to the drs and the woman couldn't offer any advice, jsut said a week late isn't that long and to give it a month!
  • Options
    Blimey, a month!
    Hopefully you will get the result you want soon.
  • Options
    aw janjan :(

My body played awful tricks on me when I was ttc. Late periods, early periods, pregnancy symptoms and then getting my period anyway.
    The thing is, often a conception can start and then doesnt work properly, most pregnancies end before a period was even due so youd never know. It took months and months for me to concieve, and then a miscarriage and then another 6 weeks. Complete nightmare while youre waiting, and it can feel like your life is on hold, but keep your chin up because the chances are it will happen soon.
    How long have you been trying now?
  • Options
    only been tryng about 5-6 months so far. not impressed with waiting a month for a period tho, means having to put the trying on hold so i'm not gonna get anywhere at this rate! Still not come on yet, if I'm not pregnant (which having done 3 tests i certainly doubt i am) then i have no idea what's going on with my body, i've never been more than a day late before.
  • Options
    Why do you need to put the trying on hold?
  • Options
    because you're only fertile for about 4-5 days after your period right? in which case if i don't get a period, i'm not fertile. Or so I was under the impression.
  • Options
    you can ovulate at any time in your cycle.

Try this janjan Ive heard it works well
    http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

but remember, 5 to 6 months isnt that long for ttc, although I know it feels like it at the time.
  • Options
    But even if its more unlikely the fun of trying should be good?
  • Options
    came on yesterday and my god did it hurt!
  • Options
    :(