Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

punishment beatings...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=77343&pt=n

usually punishment beatings/exiles are carried out by the ira but since they stopped operating there has been a huge increase in anti social behaviour and noone to deal with it

id be interested to hear peoples views on it.. people dont have much trust in the police over here, they try not to get involved with them.. but it means lots of scumbags are getting way with all sorts

quite a few people have had their knees done over the last fortnight and a lot of people told to leave the country.. although its harsh i think its necessary, people need to cause a lot of bother for it to get to that

a lot of people probably think 'why dont they just go to the police' but its not as simple as that

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, it's not necessary at all. Civilised societies don't inflict physical punishment on anyone, regardless of what have they done.

Any cunt convicted of kneecaping, beating or making death threats to anyone should be locked away for at least 20 years without parole like the fucking cunt he is.

A far better approach would be to understand and tackle the causes of crime and to give hope and help to youths in the area.

The IRA and its Royalist counterparts are a bunch of thieving, trafficking, drug drealing criminal cunts themselves. Let's not have it any other way. The only thing they're doing when they beat youths up is getting rid of the competition to have a monopoly of crime.
    Punishment beatings are never excusable, and the paramilitaries in Northern Ireland only inflict punishment beatings on people who interfere with their crime- drug pushers are treated so badly because the paras want the drugs monopoly.

If a community doesn't feel it can trust the police then it has a problem, but kneecapping people isn't the solution. It is despicable, no matter how much you may feel that some ASBO lout "deserved" it.
    No beating criminal is not good, we don't do it in today society and look how crime rate are going down... we nearly don't have crime anymore...
    If I lived on an estate where their were gangs of kids and scumbag families causing criminal damage, trouble at all hours and intimidation of locals just going to the shops.
    I have to say Id be glad of what ever force would put a stop to it by violence, I certainly dont support the IRA, but how many people in dodgy estates in the England wish they had a similer comunity force, that was more powerfull than any "pure" criminal gang could ever be.

You see the kids having no fear or respect for the police, Im sure theres no one living in the IRA controlled areas who has no fear of them.

What we need is not a paramilitary force but more respect for law and order, stronger communities, and a bit more harsh punisments I think
    If I lived on an estate where their were gangs of kids and scumbag families causing criminal damage, trouble at all hours and intimidation of locals just going to the shops.
    I have to say Id be glad of what ever force would put a stop to it by violence, I certainly dont support the IRA, but how many people in dodgy estates in the England wish they had a similer comunity force, that was more powerfull than any "pure" criminal gang could ever be.
    The only problem is, the violence in your estate wouldn't have been stopped. The only thing that would change was who was committing the crime.
    There is no way of monitoring the anti-social behaviour though. There are areas where police won't go and never will go, it's like an unspoken rule, strong republican areas are a no go areas for the police. Punishment beatings however are a bit harsh, it's the communities responsibility to keep their young uns in check, especially the parents.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    it's the communities responsibility to keep their young uns in check,

Of course, they could also let the police in...
    Of course, they could also let the police in...

Why, with the past actions of collusion and discrimination against Catholics, I don't see any reason why we should let them in.
    Kermit wrote:
    Punishment beatings are never excusable, and the paramilitaries in Northern Ireland only inflict punishment beatings on people who interfere with their crime- drug pushers are treated so badly because the paras want the drugs monopoly.

thats completly untrue, maybe moreso in loyalist areas considering their the ones who bring the majority of drugs into northern ireland and distrubute them (although they've started moving away from that recently).. even taking drugs nevermind selling them is looked down upon by most republican organisations

i dont know where people got the idea punishments are generally carried out for selling drugs, while it is the case some of the time its more for anti social behaviour in general.. joyriding, breaking into houses etc etc

and its not like you do one thing wrong and you get kneecapped, you have to be a real wee fucker, you have to do several things wrong and keep doing it regardless of warnings

while its far from perfect i still tend to agree with it.. maybe im biased, but id rather a few scumbags being dealt with than living in a community thats gettin terrorised
    Steal a car and get beaten half to death by some fucker. Gun down someone in the street - make a few apologies and get out of jail.

And people wonder why Prods vote for Paisley.
    NQA wrote:
    And people wonder why Prods vote for Paisley.

And the fenians for Adams aswell.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Why, with the past actions of collusion and discrimination against Catholics, I don't see any reason why we should let them in.

Because at some point you have to let go of the past and try to build something new. I mean what stops catholics being part of the police - except their own predjudices that is?
    I mean what stops catholics being part of the police - except their own predjudices that is?

The IRA murdering them.
    ...and discrimination in the police.
    Northen Ireland was never Britain's land to take, the IRA have every right to fight for what is theirs. We call the IRA murderers but we forget about the hundreds of Catholics slaughtered by Cromwells troops and the Catholics that have been hunted down and cut into pieces by the Loyalists, which was mostly ignored by the RUC ...
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...
    I don't support IRA bombing attacks on innocent civillians but I don't see why they should be labelled any worse than the British troops, Black and Tans and Loyalist paramillitary groups, espescially as the IRA actually have a cause worth fighting for
    z- wrote:
    and its not like you do one thing wrong and you get kneecapped, you have to be a real wee fucker, you have to do several things wrong and keep doing it regardless of warnings

Well that's alright then :rolleyes:

I really don't know how anyone can justify kneecapping someone for "anti-social" behaviour, less so I don't know how anyone can justify having a band of terrorists being judge, jury and executioner. Funny how the IRA men who murdered the family man the other year didn't get a punishment beating, isn't it; after all, everyone knows the odd TWOC is worse than cold-blooded killing!
    pill ed wrote:
    I don't support IRA bombing attacks on innocent civillians but I don't see why they should be labelled any worse than the British troops

For all the faults of the British troops and the police, as yet I haven't heard of the Army and the RUC putting a bomb in a McDonald's with the sole intention of blowing up children.

I wonder why people might possibly think that the Provos are filthy cunts who should have been executed, never mind released under the Good Friday Agreement :chin:

the IRA aren't the only murderers in the province, but to try and defend them as justified is quite frankly sickening. Perhaps you ought to go to Omagh or Warrington or Manchester or Birmingham and say that they were justifed.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Northen Ireland was never Britain's land to take, the IRA have every right to fight for what is theirs. We call the IRA murderers but we forget about the hundreds of Catholics slaughtered by Cromwells troops

Drogheda were mainly English and Catholic Royalists. Funny IRA propganda misses that bit.
    and the Catholics that have been hunted down and cut into pieces by the Loyalists, which was mostly ignored by the RUC ...

Bollocks.

Between january 1971 and September 1987 South Tyrone and Fermanagh 158 Republican murders - 14 convictions, 22 Loyalist murders with at least half resulting in at least one conviction (source Tom Wilson, Ulster: Conflict and Consent)

Throughout Northern Ireland 1981-87 Republicans killed 386 people, 148 were charged. Loyalists 69 murders 130 people charged (source Steve Bruce: the Red Hand)
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...
    I don't support IRA bombing attacks on innocent civillians but I don't see why they should be labelled any worse than the British troops, Black and Tans and Loyalist paramillitary groups, espescially as the IRA actually have a cause worth fighting for

Oh they're no worse than the Loyalist terrorists - they're murdering fuckwits as well. And there cause is shit and it wasn't worth the blood of one poor bastard. 3000 dead and all they did was make sure that no Prod will go anywhere near a united Ireland
    Blagsta wrote:
    ...and discrimination in the police.

That's not a reason and you know it. That's an excuse.

Not really. I dunno what it's like now, but the police have traditionally been protestant in NI and have been very discriminatory against the catholics.

You don't live here, it's a valid reason alright.
    this thread is going completly in the wrong direction, dont ruin it with the whole tit for tat argument shite
    Because at some point you have to let go of the past and try to build something new. I mean what stops catholics being part of the police - except their own predjudices that is?

its a pretty strange situation .. anyone in my parents generation who was a catholic would find it very hard to trust/be part of the police force as they grew up seeing the worst of the worst, catholics were seriously discriminated against in the past (and we're not talkin about a bit of slapping about, more along the lines of murder) .. while catholics being part of the police force definatley being the way forward, i cant see that happening until the next generation .. its easy to sit where you are and see it like that and i'd probably do the same, but it really is too complex

and kermit.. as terrible as you think it is id consider it one of the most effective ways of dealing with scum in the uk.. the legal system sure as fuck doesnt give them what they deserve.. its all about the element of fear and knowing if you step out of line too far you WILL be dealt with, with no fucking around

its far from perfect but very effective, and has been for a long time.. id hate to see this place if it didnt happen
    Kermit wrote:
    I really don't know how anyone can justify kneecapping someone for "anti-social" behaviour, less so I don't know how anyone can justify having a band of terrorists being judge, jury and executioner. Funny how the IRA men who murdered the family man the other year didn't get a punishment beating, isn't it; after all, everyone knows the odd TWOC is worse than cold-blooded killing!

The IRA actually offered to shoot the men who carried it out. The family said no.

Kermit wrote:
    For all the faults of the British troops and the police, as yet I haven't heard of the Army and the RUC putting a bomb in a McDonald's with the sole intention of blowing up children.

Bloody Sunday?

Kermit wrote:
    the IRA aren't the only murderers in the province, but to try and defend them as justified is quite frankly sickening. Perhaps you ought to go to Omagh or Warrington or Manchester or Birmingham and say that they were justifed.

The IRA didn't do Omagh.
    Kneecapping etc is barbaric.
    It is, I know someone who made the news once, put him up against the wall and rammed a car into his legs, beat him up with iron bars afterwards. All for joyriding one night and he wasn't the main culprit, it was mainly young one's but he got the beating because he was slightly older.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Kneecapping etc is barbaric.

it is a bit, but sometimes a bit of physical force is what it takes to knock someone into line.. its oh so bad in todays society .. but you didnt see anti social behaviour like you do today 50 years ago cuz you'd have got a good kicking from the beginning
    z- wrote:
    it is a bit, but sometimes a bit of physical force is what it takes to knock someone into line.. its oh so bad in todays society .. but you didnt see anti social behaviour like you do today 50 years ago cuz you'd have got a good kicking from the beginning

A bit? That's an understatement! And no, I don't think physical force is a good way of getting people to obey you. I think its barbaric.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Civilised societies don't inflict physical punishment on anyone, regardless of what have they done.

Which "civilised societies" are you referring to ? Just one example would be fine.
    Blagsta wrote:
    I don't think physical force is a good way of getting people to obey you. I think its barbaric.

Maybe the need for obedience might be the problem.
    Blagsta wrote:
    A bit? That's an understatement! And no, I don't think physical force is a good way of getting people to obey you. I think its barbaric.

given the situation could you offer a better alternative?
    z- wrote:
    given the situation could you offer a better alternative?

Have those doing the kneecappings jailed for assault?