Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How often do you have a takeaway?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well?

We usually have one maybe twice a month, usually on a Saturday night when we've been out all day and I cant be arsed cooking. Saturdays just scream takeaway and telly to me so I have to fight the urge to do it every week :/

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Im a bit naughty, it tends to be a couple times a week.

Luckily for me it doesn't show but i do need to cut down.
  • Options
    3 or 4 times a week, i love them
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:

Luckily for me it doesn't show but i do need to cut down.

it will be doing inside. :sour:

i don't have them very often, 1 month i might have 1 but then another i won't.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

do you not find it really expensive?
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    What do you have? Do you mean proper meals like Chinese/Indian or are you including things like Subway?
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    it will be doing inside. :sour:

i don't have them very often, 1 month i might have 1 but then another i won't.

Yeah i know, i probably got a dodgy ticker now. Trouble is, kids now are so used to eating crap like McDonalds and Burger King they are not going to realise whats hit them when they are older, something should be done about it
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    Yeah i know, i probably got a dodgy ticker now. Trouble is, kids now are so used to eating crap like McDonalds and Burger King they are not going to realise whats hit them when they are older, something should be done about it

why don't you do something about it for yourself then? i.e. stop eating them!
  • Options
    i never used to have them then i went and got a boyfriend who loved them and now im really into them again. epsecially when i've been out raving at the weekend and i lose weight coz i have no appetite. so when the appetite comes back i need something like a takeaway to build my strength up again.
    so once a week at least is my answer.
  • Options
    Its only been recently ive been having that many.

its mostly when im pissed i have a craving, but i would just get a burger or chicken nuggets from mcdonalds, so only £1 or 2.

I assumed subway would count thats also one of my favourites.

i never get chinese or indian, i would have to go to a restraunt for that, but only on special occasions, bout 5 times a year
  • Options
    im starving and craving takeaway now! :crazyeyes:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    im starving and craving takeaway now! :crazyeyes:

what do you fancy?
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    What do you have? Do you mean proper meals like Chinese/Indian or are you including things like Subway?
    I wpuld say takeaway was any food you bought ready made and hot to eat at home. Fish and chips, burgers, chinese food, indian, pizza
  • Options
    what do you fancy?
    im going to have an indian takeaway! my mums not happy about it but im starving and have had a shit day.
  • Options
    We probably eat out or have a takeaway three or four times a month, on average. Some months we'll go mad (especially if work is shite and we're tired) and some months we won't.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Too often.
  • Options
    Fuck all, once a month maybe.
  • Options
    once or twice a month max, enjoy home cooking too much
  • Options
    Tends to usually be either a special occasion (borthdays, normally) or when the parents go out for the evening, which is very rare.
  • Options
    Far too often. :rolleyes: The boyfriend isn't a fan of many food (fussy eaters have got nothing on him) so when he does find a food he enjoys, he holds to it. Unfortunetly, this isn't often (if ever) healthy options.

Atm, I'm trying to get through to him that even though HE can eat them without gaining a pound, I gain weight a lot easier. So I've reduced him from 3 times a week (:eek2: I know) to just the 1. Hopefully I'll convince him to take it even lower.
  • Options
    Once a week/fortnight.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Far too often. :rolleyes: The boyfriend isn't a fan of many food (fussy eaters have got nothing on him) so when he does find a food he enjoys, he holds to it. Unfortunetly, this isn't often (if ever) healthy options.

Atm, I'm trying to get through to him that even though HE can eat them without gaining a pound, I gain weight a lot easier. So I've reduced him from 3 times a week (:eek2: I know) to just the 1. Hopefully I'll convince him to take it even lower.
    let him have his take away and oyuhave ur food
  • Options
    I cant afford a takeaway, i can't afford to go shopping, i can't even afford a tin of beans or a loaf of bread. So why do you pompous pigs stop rubbing my scrawny nose into your late night takeaway endeavours you vile wenches!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    We probably eat out or have a takeaway three or four times a month, on average. Some months we'll go mad (especially if work is shite and we're tired) and some months we won't.

Same here.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Usually at the end of the month and at the beginning of the next when I've been paid I'll have takeways four or five times a week and live a champagne lifestyle.

Until the last week before payday comes (i.e now) and I've got like 8 quid to live on and I find myself craving something toxic, so the vicious circle starts again once I get paid.

Doesn't show on me either, but I've got a semi dodgy ticker so it aint the best lifestyle to be living really :nervous:
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    let him have his take away and oyuhave ur food

Which is what I try to do. But it's alot of effort to cook two different meals/buy me different food especially when we've both been at work/college all day. So him suggesting a take away is usually a relief.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Thirded
  • Options
    Not that often couple times a month mybe, my parents tend to do all the cooking at home so I get fed stuff I lke and stuff that I down right refuse to eat because its so disgusting.
  • Options
    What do you consider takeaway? If its how often do we get food and bring it home or have people bring us food to the house, its rare. If its just flat out going out to eat... well its just easier to say we eat in about one-two meals a week.

I don't cook. Ed is a meat and potatos man... and only a meat and potato man... I hate most meat. We rarely to never agree on things to eat so we just eat out.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    What do you consider takeaway? If its how often do we get food and bring it home or have people bring us food to the house, its rare.
    Yeah going to get food to take home or having it delivered :)
  • Options
    couple of times a month, if that. I try really hard to make sure Leigh has a proper cooked meal each day, it also, surprisingly, helsp with me noggin. :)