Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

StrubbleS university diary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello and welcome to strubbles thread of inane stories about university. Don't feel compelled to shit over this thread, but post and read along as you wish.

Ok... here goes.

Tomorrow my first lab will start :) uuhh, can't await. Today we had some kind of exercise/drilling with fire fighting and security in the labs. It was fun. A guy who graduated from the technical university and later joined the fire fighters was hosting this security thingy. So, since it's mandatory to join the labs, our professor chartered a bus and we had to carry our own fire extinguishers there :) So, when I get into the bus, there are my friends... Hubertus sitting beside Sheng and Flo besides Georg... damn, but there is a chick sitting all alone and I will just take the place besides her and talk to my homies sitting one and two rows behind me.

So I am just joshing around when I felt a poke. The girl put her hand towards me and said, "sorry, that was rude of me... I am sophie".... Whoa... She was gorgeous! I intruduced myself and was happy that this girl broke the ice, so I could slid off the pansy-pants (metaphorically!!) and actually had a great talk with her. She had big resemblance going on with Rachael of the forums and we hit it off quite well.

So where are we going?? Somewhere to an dusty field (thrilling!) in lower austria, owned by the fire fighters there. We put various things on fire and tried to extinguish them with different extinguishers, to see which kinds are effective against which kind of fires (burning oil, or burning solution, burning wood, or burning metal).

It was really funny... so when we arrived I natrually asked sophie if she wants to team up with me (since we had only one extinguisher for 2 people). Up to then I swapped a hundred little anecdotes about studying and private life with sophie and the conversation was interesting.

So we put all (50 students!) our white lab coats on and our protective glasses in a place that looks like Sierra Leone. It was funny, I remember some photos being made, I hope I get them to show them around here.

So what are we doing? The firefighter dude lets hairspray bottles explode, puts oil in a kettle under the fire and purs water in it... What happens? A fire pillar of 3-4 metres rises up in the air. impressive...

So like always I was cracking jokes and if there wasn't any greater (positive) irony. The 3 hottest girls were stading in my vicinity and all laughed :D hurrah! They were all originally from rural parts of austria, so not the typical vienna stuck-up girl. a-l-w-a-y-s the same, once someone pulls me out of my shell nothing'll stop me and all goes good. No reasons at all for my unconfidence-ness.

So our professor showed us whats happening when metal burns (Natrium). Well, you can't extinguish it with water or CO², so you need the powder extinguisher... yess... this one makes the GREATEST mess. It was fun...

then we stepped all back and the professor threw a piece of natrium in the water pool (that was there because of the extinguishing) and there ware flames.... sparks..... hmmm.... BOOOMMM!! Whoaha...

Well, lots of talking between the students, when one of the fire fighter dudes gets our attention. He will set up two bombs to show the potency and danger of... well, whatever... We had to walk 50-60 metres back and he set up one small and one big bomb and he let them detonate via radio.
Jesus christ, the flying bits almost reached our shoes...

A great day...

For tomorrow I have to finish a load of math calculations tho :( and in 2 days there is an exam and I need to study :/ egh...

well, on our way back I was sitting besides sophie again and she somehow mentions that her boyfriend studies chemistry as well (*sigh*....), but what the hey! I told her I definitelly need to have a drink with her anytime soon, so we swapped mobile# and I am seeing her and all the other peeps tomorrow in lab again.

So, I just got home and need some food intake, then learning :/

bye for now.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww I enjoyed that :D I thought it was going to be a nice love story until you found out she had a boyfriend :(
    squeal wrote:
    Aww I enjoyed that :D I thought it was going to be a nice love story until you found out she had a boyfriend :(

And me. It's a good read actually. :D
    squeal wrote:

Yeah. I have those magic powers to always get involved with girls w/ boyfriends... :l

This is just the beginning tho, I keep you updated!
    glad you enjoyed the read.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My Student Diary:

Monday: Stayed in bed. Missed lectures
    Tuesday: Stayed in bed. Missed lectures.
    Wednesday: Stayed in bed. Missed lectures.

Oops.
    JsT wrote:
    My Student Diary:

Monday: Stayed in bed. Missed lectures
    Tuesday: Stayed in bed. Missed lectures.
    Wednesday: Stayed in bed. Missed lectures.

Oops.

Boring :p Unless of course there was a girl in that bed with you, if so then we'll all like to hear the details, unless i'm just a perv and only i do :razz:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    No, I was just being lazy and hungover unfortunately.
    Ugh, 7pm... Just arrived at home... Lab hmm... sucked. Well not everything, but it was exhausting and I did not finish every single task (nobody did!!!), which means: tomorrow we have to do all new tasks and every single that we did not finish from the first lab day (i.e. today) -_-

First we mixed water with toluen together. Then poured some kind of salt-mixture in it, closed the flask and shook it... wow, now we had a blue watery solution and one greeny organic solution. It looked grand, like some cool cocktail. I helped sophie out a bit, since she is not studying tech. chemistry :) She actually studies something like preservation and restauration (to repair and conserve, art, sculptures etc etc.), but she needs a few chemistry courses.

Well, I got her number anyways and just - as we speak - got a text from her :) I feel like a little kid at christmas ^^

I shouldn't be updating here, because I got an exam tomorrow and I really really need to learn (no time today :( uni all day, lab all day) AND need to prepare my lab tasks/equations, so I am much quicker tomorrow so I can finish all level 2 tasks and the remaining ones from level 1 :/

I finished my math calculations *phew* thank god. Had to work on it until midnight yesterday, and now I really haven't much time to study for lab and lab-tech (which I have the exam tomorrow about).

funny how a all around sucky and exhausting day turns all good, with one tiny happy thing (apart from the shower I just head and direly needed ^^)

Not so much to tell today.

keep cool... and excuse me for today.

bye!
    this is quite interesting. i'd like to do organic chemistry and synthesise Es
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    You should get a LiveJournal.

yeh i was thinking this as i'm 3 days into my own blogger.com blog. i've written some sentiments about my life and my perspectives on sex and how for a while i've been convinced that my sex is rape.

I dunno... too much hassle with registering and stupid people around.
    Here I have a community who is quite interesting, little amount of idiots, "lj" and forum both in one, and it just occupies one thread, so nobody is disturbed or anything.

I will just explain a bit more our task of today, it was quite interesting. As I already mentioned we put Toluen (C7 H8) and Water (h2o) together in a flask and added a mixture of salt, where parts dossolved in the water, and other parts in the organic solution, toluene.

so we shook it vigorously, and suddenly had a blue zone (toluen is lighter than water and swims on it's surface), and water at the bottom which was all greeny limey... Looked tasty, but toxic as shit :) so we opened the flask at the bottom and let the watery solution out, and seperated them (watery and organic). tomorrow we will isolate the salts in each of the two phases.
    Probably will pour alcohol in it (Ethanol, the alcohol you drink, but ~70-80% i reckon) - oh what a waste :) - so the salts will fall out. We now seperated the salts in the mixture i spoke of in the beginning...

so, short pause, now back to learning.
    strubbles its all well and good and very interesting, and a great insight to a completely different life to my own, but where are the sex/drugs/all night partying rock n roll tales that i hope my uni life to be like??
    you sound really clever actually so maybe you dont want to throw it all away, and i suppose vienna isnt exactly london/any of the good party unis up north :P
    however if you do get laid/fucked/any other extreme event ( although giant fire is v. cool!) then let us know.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I dunno... too much hassle with registering and stupid people around.
    Here I have a community who is quite interesting, little amount of idiots, "lj" and forum both in one, and it just occupies one thread, so nobody is disturbed or anything.

But you are writing a diary sort of thing here. That isn't really what the forum is about. It isn't an 'lj and forum both in one'. It's just a forum. You are much better journalling this rather than posting it here.

You can make LJ friends only so that you can filter out the idiots if you need. And it ain't that much hassle registering either.

*shrugs*
    strubbles its all well and good and very interesting, and a great insight to a completely different life to my own, but where are the sex/drugs/all night partying rock n roll tales that i hope my uni life to be like??
    you sound really clever actually so maybe you dont want to throw it all away, and i suppose vienna isnt exactly london/any of the good party unis up north :P
    however if you do get laid/fucked/any other extreme event ( although giant fire is v. cool!) then let us know.

Haha... well, my (little bit of) sex/drugs/all night partying stuff was all in my school time and holidays (dunno about other countries, but austria has 4,5 - 5 months holidays over the year :thumb: hell yea... the lections are pretty compressed and squeezed --> we learn abt something in the lectures and totally have to converse this knowledge in lab a week later etc.).

It sounds really stupid, but I honestly "don't have time" for private life anymore :( I try to spare the weekends out with learning and meet my friends who are all standing in line to do stuff with me and I have to decline them under the week, but the lost time of learning puts me under pressure in the upcoming week then.

Oh, Austria has FAB uni-parties. I dunno about british unis, I can only imagine them like in the movies. In austria the technical university consists of different faculties spread in the middle of the city, not always one big "campus" (but usually in walking distance). In the TU (tech uni) the chemists, physicists, electronic technicians, etc all alternating make parties inside the uni building.
    We don't live in the uni, you know. We live at home/our own flats and travel to uni with public transport each day.

Of course I used to do a lot of parties/homeparties/gardenparties and stuff, but while studying it's so so so difficult to balance that all out. Usually I leave home at 8 in the morn and come home inbetweeen 5 and 7 pm...

Since london is bigger than austria I can imagine that it has wicked parties, the advantage here is, that vienna is very small and you can reach any point in about 45mins max... so you can travel around and attend a lot of parties and still get home at 4am from every point of vienna.

I will deffo update the next party on here (it's still part of the student life! :) ) and every other shenanigans we'll make.
    Dude your course sounds so much more interesting than mine :grump:
    sounds interesting. Completely different from my experience of uni, different in a good way :)
    Oooohh you're at uni in Vienna? We have the option to study there for 5 months next year, I'm trying to get the place. It's doing DAF. Is it as good as I imagine?
    Oooohh you're at uni in Vienna? We have the option to study there for 5 months next year, I'm trying to get the place. It's doing DAF. Is it as good as I imagine?

I dunno what DAF is :p Well, if you are versatile with the german language, give it a shot. the main uni in vienna is one of the most original buildings of vienna. It looks like a palace of the renaissance :)

Ooooohhh kaayyy... Here comes an update:

My dad chokes the guitar with The animals - House of the rising sun, which leads me to my first thing: Whenever I am grumpy in the morning and I leave the subway station there was this old guy playing violin REALLY bad, begging for money. It was always fun to hear the violin... sometimes ANOTHER man of agyptian (probably) origin stands there with a guitar and plays some nice tracks. It makes me happy...

Today - yeah, you didn't think anyone could top that hm? - A man on a chair with his banjo, and another man with a flute kinda thing, I guess it's called "oboe". Very nice tunes... Lifted me up. So I am sitting in Introduction to Chemistry and my professor there is "relatively" young (in his late 40s i guess), and today he stepped away from his powerpoint presentation and did some chemical balance equations (to check enthalpy, entropy etc of reagents) and he did a mistake... I said that he made a mistake there and he, "oh... yea... you are right." and actually wipes off something that was right... So I say "no... the other thing... if x converges against 0 it means the acid does almost not dissociate in water, meaning it's a weak acid. "Oh yea... totally, sorry I am a bit confused.. etc."

Later he did another doodoo and I was afraid of bringing it up... he might be remembering my face and give me a hard time in the labs for "correcting the allmighty professor" :) It was fun... The geeks were impressed (lol)... anyway, it was fun...

Oh I got a txt from sophie in this lecture, saying, "good morning! I am busy on the main uni now, but I'd like to come to the next lecture [chemical calculations]. See you later then.." How nice of her :)

So I met her and was talking to her on the way to the next lecture and she told me a lot how she was unable to learn (she climbs!! you know with rope and carabiner and stuff... awesome!). She took the seat besides me and I dunno... it seems I am funny, even tho I am not actively cracking jokes :) She was laughing (as were other peeps around me)... Heck, why do I even need to mention that? I must be terrible insecure...

anyway... next is: LAAAABBB... Ugh... only 15 minutes of break. So what do we do? In my last post I had this blue solution. --> water with Coppersulphite (Cu²SO4 IIRC) and today I had to boil it, so the water evaporates, then cool down the solution so the salt will flock out. Then I put ethanole in it, so all the salt precipitates, and then filtered it!! Yay...

next project was similar. Water with a mixture of Boracid (salt form) and again Coppersulphite. I had to boil out the boracid, filtrate it, repeat the progress and then all I got left was the bluey thing that was mentioned in the above paragraph. First of all: I could isolate a SHITTON of the boracid and the coppersulphite, secondly: it was already pretty dry, third of all it was very clean already... Hooray for me!!!

I had Lab-service today :( meaning I had to stay until everyone else, finished working, cleaned up and left the lab. I was working so quick and efficient that I could finish the 2 tasks that I had left from yesterday, while others couldn't finish their work of just today!! At 3:30 my place was cleaned up, my instruments stashed away, while other were working until 3:45 and couldn't finish :) Yes, I am cocky, but I am proud of it. People come to me and ask, how to do the stuff. HECK, where should I know, lol I got the same lectures as you =) I hope being clever stopped being uncool somewhere after highschool :nervous:

Well, since sophie is not on my lab desk, she did not have lab-service and left with the others (2 of my friends) earlier (they were working damn quick as well). sucks how george seems to be kinda hitting on her after he saw I'm getting along with her and "integrated" her partially in our group... hmmm. I might be just hallucinating.

So next in line: exaaaaam im labtech. So we are standing around waiting the time to pass, until the exam starts. Since I am a horrible overthinker, I announce that I am sluggish after the lab, and gonna sit down on the stairs. Well, sophie is coming over too, to sit besides me :D See what I do there? overanalyzing and getting worked up about all that :( Dammit, she got a boyfriend, that sucks majorly. I dunno what I am thinking...
    A cold, sarcastic, uncaring penis like me melting like butter... horrible.

Well, the exam sucked... I had to guess a lot of things, but I was able to cheat a bit and give sophie a couple of answers (she hadn't had time to learn, you know she is originally studying something different on main uni and is EVEN BUSIER than me). So.. we left... went in direction of subway... our ways parted...

She's horrible cute and I am a lost case *sigh* ALWAYS on the girls with b/fs. ugh.

I am contemplating to ask her to go out on saturday for a drink or smth, but I see her everyday in uni, maybe she wants to spend the weekend alone, with friends or with her boyfriend. Hmmm... I will be thinking about that, but since she is busy tonight, I'm gonna catch up with all of my friends (wash the fucking coppersulphite out of under my fingernails... I am a dirty person), drink a lot, play table football and will tell christian (my confessor), about a girl I got to know... her name is sophie, she is awesome and she is.... <you know all that>

Cheers my thesiters. When I have the urge to write such things down, usually the grammar and orthography is horrible, but I think you can decipher that.

bye for now...
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Haha... well, my (little bit of) sex/drugs/all night partying stuff was all in my school time and holidays (dunno about other countries, but austria has 4,5 - 5 months holidays over the year :thumb: hell yea... the lections are pretty compressed and squeezed --> we learn abt something in the lectures and totally have to converse this knowledge in lab a week later etc.).

It sounds really stupid, but I honestly "don't have time" for private life anymore :( I try to spare the weekends out with learning and meet my friends who are all standing in line to do stuff with me and I have to decline them under the week, but the lost time of learning puts me under pressure in the upcoming week then.

Oh, Austria has FAB uni-parties. I dunno about british unis, I can only imagine them like in the movies. In austria the technical university consists of different faculties spread in the middle of the city, not always one big "campus" (but usually in walking distance). In the TU (tech uni) the chemists, physicists, electronic technicians, etc all alternating make parties inside the uni building.
    We don't live in the uni, you know. We live at home/our own flats and travel to uni with public transport each day.

Of course I used to do a lot of parties/homeparties/gardenparties and stuff, but while studying it's so so so difficult to balance that all out. Usually I leave home at 8 in the morn and come home inbetweeen 5 and 7 pm...

Since london is bigger than austria I can imagine that it has wicked parties, the advantage here is, that vienna is very small and you can reach any point in about 45mins max... so you can travel around and attend a lot of parties and still get home at 4am from every point of vienna.

I will deffo update the next party on here (it's still part of the student life! :) ) and every other shenanigans we'll make.

ahh right good stuff, yeah by all means your uni life sounds amazing cos its just a good insight into a completely different life to my own, i like reading it cos i cant imagine my life being like that! ( but in a good way. different is good.:) )
    and i know i sound shallow just wanting the party side of things but im a young gal and thats all i really care about at the minute!:p
    keep postin strubbles, and keep on workin as hard as you are and youll be a SUPERSTAR SCIENTIST ( or, yno whatever youre aiming to be specifically).
    hey, I'm glad you're having a good time at uni! keep up the reports, they're a good read :)
    ahh right good stuff, yeah by all means your uni life sounds amazing cos its just a good insight into a completely different life to my own, i like reading it cos i cant imagine my life being like that! ( but in a good way. different is good.:) )
    and i know i sound shallow just wanting the party side of things but im a young gal and thats all i really care about at the minute!:p
    keep postin strubbles, and keep on workin as hard as you are and youll be a SUPERSTAR SCIENTIST ( or, yno whatever youre aiming to be specifically).

Yeah, well, my wild party years were definitelly in your age too, when I was still at school :) We did a lot of things like carrying someone into a club on our hands and he does a superman pose, or stagediving, even tho there aren't any stages (just tables etc. :D), etc. Now my friends are either lazy, or sick, or have to work on weekends, etc. :) I was out yesterday... but it consisted of beerdrinking and rocking the peeps at tablesoccer. I was tired like an old man after the long uni day, heh...

The only bright spots are the uni parties. Always great organization, great people there (no fights etc), lot of faces you know from studying.

Hmmm... I wonder what I should be doing today. I have to work some math thingy out for wednesday, but I can't be arsed. I refrained from txting sophie yesterday, I wonder if I should... oh yea, I do... just a how are you standard text.

I am tired and hungover, glad tho, that I have a little readership :)

take care
    I.am.awesome :cool:

Well, on a sunday noon it's probably not a university related story, but listen up. My mother and my little sister (13) are cooking, while I am in bed, too lazy for everything (this is not the awesome part!), so I hear a shriek through the closed door and I thought my mother was fighting with my sister... suddenly I hear "WAKE MATTHIAS UP..."... Shit, don't get me involved in a just-woke-up-fight.

My door was flung open and my sister "matt, come quick, mummy cut her finger..." I got out of bed and jogged to what sounded like an animal which realized it's going to be slaughtered. So my mother has her finger wrapped into her t-shirt and there is a bloody (literally) mess everywhere. So I announce that she should put her hand up horizontal and apply pressure to the wound (paramedic skills, hell yea). So I walked into my room and got badages and desinfect (5-finger discount at my old working place - ambulance). My mothers pulse was like a bassdrum of some black metal band and she was shaking everywhere. My sister was in the meanwhile, on the balcony crying (sissy!). So I wiped off the blood and saw a cut in her left index finger, all across the fingertip, around 2 mm deep. So I walk back into my room to get a object to apply pressure on the wound (paramedic cools, very important! you don't want your patient to be even more concerned and anxious, if the case is harmless.) So I put on a wound-pillow smeared with beta-isadonna, put it on the wound, then put some kind of woodenstick on it, for pressure and made a tight (but not too tight to cut the circulation) badage around her finger.

My mother was a bit weepeing, so I told her to lie down, I brought her a cup of water. I phoned my dad (he was in the basement), he should come up, we might need to have a doc have a look at it. So my mother was thoroughly provided when my father came up the stairs into the 3rd story (where our flat is).

I said they should drive to the Lorenz-Böhler hospital (which is a accident hospital only). My father, "what? Why should we drive to the lorenz böhler with that? We could just simply drive to the floridsdorfer hospital!" (where my father was once with a heart related issue).

"First of all, the Lorenz Böhler isn't some kind of high and mighty hospital, it's exactly what you want in cases like this, cuts, fractures, etc. Moreover is the floridsdorfer hospital an only-emergency (diseases, heart attacks, hypoglycemia, etc.) hospital, so if you appear there with a cut in your finger, they give you a warm-heartedly sorry and send you on your way again." (Paramedic knowledge, hell yea :cool: )

So they are gone now, and I'm here having to do the pizza then :grump: but it's ok, the most important thing is, I still got what it takes :razz:

/edit:
    My mother is in good health, got 3 stitches, and my badage was fab :) As soon as the doc removed it, the blood was gushing. hoorah!
    Deutsch als Fremdsprache.:D
    This is so good to read, thankyou!

Your life sounds so exciting compared to mine :razz:
    tis interestign. be carefull with your heart over sophie and remember that she has a boyfriend...
    Deutsch als Fremdsprache.:D

yeeexxcellent.

If you need someone to practice, give me a shout and be sure to let me know if you really come to austria to study, so I show your around.
    tis interestign. be carefull with your heart over sophie and remember that she has a boyfriend...

*sigh* I dislike myself for going after girls who are in relationships, but I think everyone is a bit guilty of that :( I have been a 'danger' for a few boys in a relationship and one times it even happened (with the girl of a friend of mine).
    Admitting this is the equivalent of admitting that you've killed someone for me =/

*Sigh*... I dread to update right now, considering this is a black day. I'll leave the computer for 5 minutes and have a minute's silence for briggis unborn.

and Georg Danzer - a quasi austrian legend - is dying of cancer *sigh* What a world.

So heres my part of the day. I was sitting in introduction to chemistry waiting to start. In comes a girl and asks to take a set beside me (we kinda know each other from seeing... probably haven't talked to her more than 5 sentences). Must be better to sit beside me than some complete stranger :) I offered her the last chair in the row beside me then and 5 minutes later sophie comes in. arghhh... But still the better choice, couldn't tell the girl "no, sorry I am keeping the seat free for someone."

So anyway in the middle of the lecture, which is usually difficult and confusing sophie pokes me and asks if I understand that (Law of Mass Action), I kinde nodded, kinda jerked my shoulders and she said that we need to meet so I can explain it to here :) After the lecture I wait for her and we talked about the weekend etc. She apologized for not replying to my txt, because she was lying in bed when she got it (it was probably 2pm :p ), and wanted to sleep some more. So we told each other what we've been up to and she asked me if I am at the FM4 (alternative radio station here) Soundpark Clash (kind of band contest) at thurdsay (thurs, fri ar off this week). I might know some of the band/band members. I said I am not sure if I find people to go there. She said she's not sure if she goes there, because she's having birthday dinner with family. I said, since I probably don't find anyone I totally make it dependent to her if I will be going :) She said, yea she will have time later (after dinner).

Looking forward...

I am not doing myself a lot of good with that, I know. I too know that this update isn't very thrilling, I just write as it is, because I want your peoples opinions on this. We are basically very very friendly with each other and - I'd say it like this - if you are objectivly watching us both and you are clueless that either of us has a partner (if), than you'd bet money how much longer till it finally clicks.

Would you call this mixed messages? Am I just surmising/wishful thinking?
    Lab was so-so today. Exhausting as always, but at least we could leave and go home after lab.

We did destillation and if you remember back to our yellow-golden-pee Benzil/toluene solution, then listen up. (benzil is the salt)

We distilled that shit and I got a condensate of puuuure clear achromatic toluene (yessoo!). It remained a darkish yellow, bronze solution... We poured in onto a Watch-Glass (slightly bent glass skillet like the glass onto a watch on your wrist), and now fasten your your seatbelts!!!

It was a golden liquid and suddenly without doing anything you saw white needle-shaped crystals to appear, REALLY quick. As if you watch frozen window in winter in fast motion. Crystals were fucking growing in my golden solution until everything was a solid salt after like 10 seconds.

Amazing.

It bugs me a bit, that sophie does not work on my desk, but I regularly go to her workplace and have a little smalltalk with her. Maybe it's helping the cause that I am no sticking onto her.

I wrote her txt in the morning that we have little oral exams in lab today. She wrote back to say thanks, cuz she's skipped a lecture in the morn then to learn a bit. When we talked then, she told me she will definitely go out on thursday, so I will be seeing her then...

Usually I am much more nervous about that stuff. Seems like my inner-me tells me, "Calm down, romeo, she has a boyfriend... Just hang out with her and enjoy the evening." *sigh* If it was that easy.

tomorrow I have to get up at 6:30 :grump: In maths I have to do a presentation in front of a small work group and I should REALLY be working on that... Well I am doing now anyway... Later I have lab again. Very exhausting day.

Thursday is off :yippe: so one of my longest days (9-7) will be cancled.

excuse me now, folks

:wave:
    Hmm, I'd be a bit worried that Sophie is using you because you're smart...sounds so cynical I know but you talk about helping her cheat in an exam and spending time explaining concepts to her. She has a boyfriend so she could be using her "feminine charms," to get some free tuition. I hope not though because that sounds so horrible! :rolleyes:

Your diary is very interesting and if you ever do get a livejournal instead post a link so we can keep up with your life! :razz:
    silverhalo wrote:
    Hmm, I'd be a bit worried that Sophie is using you because you're smart...sounds so cynical I know but you talk about helping her cheat in an exam and spending time explaining concepts to her. She has a boyfriend so she could be using her "feminine charms," to get some free tuition. I hope not though because that sounds so horrible! :rolleyes:

Your diary is very interesting and if you ever do get a livejournal instead post a link so we can keep up with your life! :razz:

first of all: her boyfriend is studying technical chemistry (like us), but is one year over us, so I can cancel that thought out.
    2) In that exam I did hardly learn, but we were coincidentally seated together. She did not "use" me, to cheat, I bared a few of my answers to her when I realized she did not have them (she did not initiate).
    3) I haven't spent time explaining concepts to her yet , but we all ask each other about stuff we don't get (Me including in maths) and I hardly think you can talk of "using someone" if you ask if he understands that in a certain subject and asks him/her how this works.
    4) She did not play any charming-cards. We get along great on a talking basis, but we "haven't touched" (sounds stupid, but it's what it is), except shaking hands (so no touches), no suspicious glances, no compliments on her side (just on mine, when I said I think it's awesome that she climbs). I had girls in the past do that to me (sneaky touches, more than usual interest in something special, flattering my ego) and did not want to get anything out of it, so I can somehow rule that out again.
    tbh with you: I like how she looks, she is cute and nice, but in no way of the definition "hot", I doubt she is much of a "playing with feminine charms". If you heard how she talks and acts this thought would be absurd to you to.
    5) If you were "using" someone for "free tuitions", would you expand that person into your private life?

Sorry to go ultra defensive or something :razz:, but it's just not like that, just to clear that up from my (atm you can still almost say) unbiased view.
    Just me being cynical that's all but that was just on what you posted before. However, you know the whole story and from what your last post says I'm glad its fine :)