Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chocolate Lager

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So gross, I know I'll just need to taste it. This one imparticular doesn't make an apperance there, but do/will you have anything similar? (Its inevitable that if one company makes it, several others must also)

http://www.millerbrewing.com/pressRoom/newReleasesDetails.asp?ideanumber=184

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's even weirder is that you have to be over 21 to even enter the site!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    my_name wrote:
    So gross, I know I'll just need to taste it.

Yeah I tried it in america - it doesn't taste of chocolate though, it's just the type of malt ;)
    Theres a pub here in Brighton that is one of the top real ale pubs on the CAMRA circuit, the place is packed to the rafters with beardies, they have there own micro brewery and they make some interesting flavoured beers my favourite being Black cherry it looks like black cherry and tastes and smells like it, at 7% its not to be sniffed at.
    **Helen** wrote:
    Yeah I tried it in america - it doesn't taste of chocolate though, it's just the type of malt ;)

Who was it made by then? Maybe I'll try them and have a pre taste ;)
    I had an excellent American dark lager recently, Gonzo Imperial Porter at 9.5% it packs a punch but its really good, worth looking out for.
    my_name wrote:
    Who was it made by then? Maybe I'll try them and have a pre taste ;)

I can't remember I'm afraid :( It was a chocolate stout though - so you might not be a fan of that :)

I tried some delicious ales in Philadelphia - in a wee place called Manayunk. I do actually really rate american beer - just not miller ;)
    **Helen** wrote:
    I do actually really rate american beer - just not miller ;)

A lot of their micro-brewery stuff is nearly as good as Belgian stuff, its just they continue to drink Bud and other piss beers.
    It's an American date too so month/day/year. Anyway heres what it says:

Miller Brewing Launches Gold-Medal Winning Chocolate Lager

Frederick Miller Classic Chocolate Lager Debuts in Select Markets This Holiday Season

MILWAUKEE – Miller Brewing Company announced today the release of its gold medal-winning Fredrick Miller Classic Chocolate Lager, a perfectly balanced wheat lager, brewed with six different malts, including chocolate and dark chocolate malts. Classic Chocolate Lager will be available from October through December 2006 in six Midwestern markets; Chicago, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Indianapolis and Valparaiso/Northwest Indiana.

Classic Chocolate Lager is a great-tasting, hand-crafted specialty beer that won the gold medal at the 2005 Great American Beer Festival in the Herb and Spice Category under the name Temptation Bock.

“Classic Chocolate Lager gives us the chance to provide beer lovers with something extraordinary for the holidays, while also showcasing Miller’s innovation as a brewer,” said Dr. David Ryder, vice president – brewing, research and quality assurance at Miller Brewing Company. “This bold lager meets the standards of quality, taste and brewing expertise that Frederick Miller set when he founded our company in 1855, and delivers the gold medal credentials that only Miller Brewing Company can provide.”

Meant to be enjoyed during the holiday season, Frederick Miller Classic Chocolate Lager will make holiday parties more fun, distinctive and memorable. Additionally, it will be packaged in a unique four pack of 12-ounce bottles – perfect for a holiday gift or as a party offering. The suggested retail price is $5.99 per four-pack.

“Not only will this beer appeal to legal drinking-age buyers who ‘trade up’ during the holiday season to a more innovative seasonal beer, but it will also appeal to the beer aficionados who will find a rich, intense flavorful beer without the heaviness of other dark beers,” Dr. Ryder said.

The Frederick Miller Classic Chocolate Lager is made with cacao nibs, which contribute to the satisfying chocolate flavor. In 2005, Miller Brewing Company introduced 1855 Celebration Lager, another seasonal blend.

Now i love chocolate, but some how this doesn't appeal to me! :yuck:
    satehen wrote:
    Now i love chocolate, but some how this doesn't appeal to me! :yuck:

But the beer doesnt taste of chocolate, it has to do with the roast of the malt, which are roasted to be dark, this gives the beer a darker and richer flavour, they dont add coco powder or anything.
    budda wrote:
    A lot of their micro-brewery stuff is nearly as good as Belgian stuff, its just they continue to drink Bud and other piss beers.

:yes: spot on.
    well 21 is the legal drinking age over here..

yeah, 21 to drink. But 21 to read about alcohol, why?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've had chocolate beer a couple times. I'm sure you can find it in London easilly enough. I do't rate it though.
    Call me old fashioned but I like my lager full of chemicals i.e Stella. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Call me old fashioned but I like my lager full of chemicals i.e Stella. :D

You looking at my bird? I'll smash your face in!

Angry, angry beer.
    Why does stella have this wife-beater reputation?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Why does stella have this wife-beater reputation?

Because it makes you angry, theres something in it which just makes you quite tense. Its also stronger than normal beer, so its easier to go a bit over the top on.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I t doesn't make me angry at all, but Vodka and always do.
    Weekender Offender 
    budda wrote:
    But the beer doesnt taste of chocolate, it has to do with the roast of the malt, which are roasted to be dark, this gives the beer a darker and richer flavour, they dont add coco powder or anything.

But this isn't. THis is chocolate beer.

I had to bring this up as I am so mad. It was supposed to come out long ago. The distributer to this area and the stores are being bastards and nobody wants to agree to what the other does therefore I've been waiting a month and nobody has it yet.

I talked to a guy today in the liquer store. He said how he can't wait to try it. Sam Adams had one last winter. He said it is a perfect desert beer. Goes great with chocolate cake. It pours like a beer but you can taste the chocolate plus a hint of vanilla quite clearly. You don't need it extremly cold, a good 56 degrees he said was perfect. Another company had one last year too... I think he said it was Amstel? But they don't have any in right now as he said corporate was a bitch. :mad::mad::mad: I want to try it soooo bad.
    I tried a bottle of chocolate beer in Cornwall, Was really nasty!

but then again, I do like my beer to taste like beer!