Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Football Manager 2007

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is here. :D

Time just seems to.... drift awaaay.

Comments

• Options
    No way!? I thought it was months away? That's it, I need to get my PC fixed quickly.
  • Options
    It's out on friday but I had to grab it afew days early ;)
  • Options
    You got you're copy 2 days early Nash ? :O

Where did you pre-order from ?

ETA: Been playing the demo since release and after much deliveration i *will* be buying it. Had considered not buying it due to some really stupid things happening that havent been fixed in 3 years !
  • Options
    I downloaded it, but if patches are needed i'll buy it.
  • Options
    started a season last night, its pretty good.

theres already some face and club packs out there for it, gonna patch it up tonight me thinks.
  • Options
    In A few seasons Forset shall regain there top flight domanation. Hahahaha haha.
  • Options
    Is this a lot more quicker to load games? I hear it's tons faster FM 05?
  • Options
    I got the proper game yesterday, a number of places broke the release date to SI just brought forward the whole thing.

Makoto is is SO much faster, although this being my new pc its superman anyway.
  • Options
    Still take about 7 hours to do a season?
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    Still take about 7 hours to do a season?

Always takes me days to do a season, I like to take my time with it.

Load and save times are seconds, unlike the minutes of the previous version.
  • Options
    it takes people 7 hours to do a season ? .. a couple of days to do a season ? .. wow, i really do faff about :/
  • Options
    lol how long does it take you to do a season.

btw, I've just nicked the FM2005 CD of my mate but I cannot install the patches, I uninstalled/reinstalled but I still get the "Unable to find FM2005 installation directory".

The CD is legit.
  • Options
    man, it takes me a LOT longer than " a couple of days " put it that way :p

I can't not look for AMAZING youngsters to stick in my Gunners Squad though and produce the next wonderkid ! :D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Excell: The Game.
  • Options
    I've still got 2006, I can only ever go as Aberdeen otherwise I can never be arsed.

I've probably made it through a season about once, if we're on a bad run I lose my temper and exit the game in the middle of a match without saving :nervous:
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    I can't not look for AMAZING youngsters to stick in my Gunners Squad though and produce the next wonderkid ! :D
    Just make sure none of them are English.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Excell: The Game.

Not really, it's much better than years ago.

It's the only game I can play all year round without getting bored. Obviously if football's not your thing you wouldn't enjoy it.
  • Options
    I'm in two minds about the game right now. There are a number of things that piss me off about it, but it's still got it's usual promise of being an outstanding game.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    I'm in two minds about the game right now. There are a number of things that piss me off about it, but it's still got it's usual promise of being an outstanding game.

It's better than 2006, but some things still need to be improved... that hopefully will be patched.

Like having to many injuries while having medium training... 5 injuries for a championship side is not good!
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    It's better than 2006, but some things still need to be improved... that hopefully will be patched.

Like having to many injuries while having medium training... 5 injuries for a championship side is not good!

No it's not !

Have you read, or are you a member of the SI Games forum ?

They will definetely be doing a patch but it's seemingly a long way off. Part of * A * patch will be to upgrade the editor because its missing key functions that they could not get into it on time. A lot of people were not happy about that.

Trully this is possibly the buggy version released to date but it does still have certain " bugs " that are just a right pain in the backside. I tried editing my favourite team to have their proper amount of money but due to some dodgy limiting by SI on the balance and budget i keep ending up in financial peril even though my season budget is WAY in the good side. The balance however.. is the complete opposite.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:

I have just had my 5 main strikers get injured, and my youngsters have been sent to my feeder club. I am in trouble