Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

whats in a chavs head?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what is in a chav's head?? throwing pears at someones house is there idea of a fun night out?

i live in chav city and every night its like street crime uk!. the kids round here are little shits... and there only 6 yrs old ......they happly set things on fire or break stuff, rob stuff but also swear and shout while they are doing it!

i will be moving soon hopefully. :grump:

any ideas? anyone. or anyone live in chav city aswell?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Not much.

less than that... i estimate nothing

ETA: i live next door to a house of chavs and there idea of a fun night is gettin pissed outside on the porch (half the time they spread onto our porch) which means we have to go through them if we need to go out, surely indoors would be so much warmer
  • Options
    what is in a chav's head??

A brain cell, going ' Hello ? Anyone here ? Is it just me or is someone else here ? I'm lonely :( ' :D
  • Options
    Burberry.
  • Options
  • Options
    i dont know whos worse parent chavs or chav children!! there right now outside in Big gang smoking (kids this is.....8 yrs old upwards)......whats with the socks for god sake!
  • Options
    a bunch of them threw a bottle of milkshake at a bunch of us waiting for the bus today - and of course it hits me and goes all over my jeans (the only pair left).

What do you call a chav with the IQ of 25?

Gifted :p
  • Options
    I hate pikeys :grump:

I've seen one lying on a kurb with his head in the road and going "fuck you wanker, what the fuck - you startin" because a car beeped at him for his head being in the way. Why would you warn them with the horn?! You have the perfect opportunity for squishy squishy?!
  • Options
  • Options
    Nothing is with the socks. The socks is on her own :impissed:
  • Options
    I like the socks! :razz:
  • Options
    The prog rock group Kansas, a tin of kidney beans and a child of Bulgarian descent.
  • Options
    Mind you, I'm not sure you're really high and mighty enough to comment too much.

what? why? i didnt chosse to live here it was cheap. its my first house :-(

i wish i could afford better im not from round here i just moved up for uni and brought this house didnt know how shit it was in this area :-(. thats my next aim ...... buy my next house in a better area.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Kids doss around because there's fuck all else to do. We used drink, smoke, and make noise because we were bored - it really is that simple.

I used to tell jumped up cunts to go fuck themselves when I caught them looking down thier nose at me too.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yeh, you hate grown ups when ur a kid and hate kids when ur a grown up.
    i surposse its just a never ending circle. but i dont remember drinking and smoking when i was 7 or 8. i think its a lot worse now.
  • Options
    Whoa... I wasn't aware it was THAT extreme over there. I mean throwing milk shakes at random guys will get you a couple of slaps that you can't differ right from left here.

Street gangs gonna take over london one day, I tell ya!
  • Options
    Unfortunately in my area the chavs rule the roost and they seem to know it. A group of them will step out of line, get a slap then run home to dad/older brother who happens to be a pissed up doley and who will use any excuss for starting on random people
  • Options
    its like that wherever you go in luton. you have different gangs for different areas, and all these gangs have 'beef' with each other.
    two asian youths from the leagrave division actually had a fight and one got stabbed and murdered only two nights ago- it should give the rest of them a kick up the arse and show them that its not about proving themselves the hardman, but it doesnt.
    in my area theyre ok now, they used to throw stuff at me but now im not 12 anymore and they call me 'fit'(among other more crude things) every time i walk past to go to the shops. i think i prefer the throwing stuff really.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    pissed up doley

This is the problem with 'chav bashing' much of it is aimed at the working class, it's not really very helpful is it?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Depends on what you mean though...

I think using the term 'Chav' in that way can be really out of order.
    Yes you get young pricks who hang around the streets and cause trouble... but it doesnt mean anyone wearing a hoody or cap is like that.
    I go to enough raves where its full of people that would be classed as 'Chavs' and I have met some wicked down to earth people.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Skive wrote:
    This is the problem with 'chav bashing' much of it is aimed at the working class, it's not really very helpful is it?

Yeah, the upper classes like to think "chavs" are all working class - they ain't.

Half of them round here have rich parents. The other half of the rich kids are emo tossers. Bad as each other.

Whats in a chavs head? Hopefully, soon, it'll be a 5.56 round. 7.62 would work as well though. Give the Army something to do when they ain't dieing in the middle east.

I don't know why they are all anti social twats. If only you were allowed to kill them - Anti social crimes should carry a death sentence. If not, life in a forced labour camp.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Depends on what you mean though...

I think using the term 'Chav' in that way can be really out of order.
    Yes you get young pricks who hang around the streets and cause trouble... but it doesnt mean anyone wearing a hoody or cap is like that.
    I go to enough raves where its full of people that would be classed as 'Chavs' and I have met some wicked down to earth people.

Yeah it's true, you'd assume that if you went to a rave you'd get started on because of all the 'chavvy' looking people there, but most of them are there for the music and to have a great time not to get into fights... I've seen more arrogant pricks at rock and heavy metal gigs than d'n'b raves...
    However the 'chavs' that hang around in towns causing trouble are the lowest of the low and some of them take the 'chavvy' clothing to the extreme and it just looks down right pikey.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah, the upper classes like to think "chavs" are all working class - they ain't.

Surely the word chav is defined by what people understand that word to mean?

Many people like to think the word chav is an abbrieviation for Coucil House And Violent. Site's like ChavScum are also responsible for portraying chavs as working or under class. Kiezo and other Scots on here have previously said that chav are of lower class. Mentioning that chavs are doley's also add to that.

Chav is often used in the same way as pikey or gypo was used when I was at school i.e towards those who are poorer and live in less desirable areas.

It's not helpful whatever way you look at it.

Can you explain to me what a chav actually is?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I don't know why they are all anti social twats.

Thats the problem though!! They arnt.. and I dont even know why im saying "they"... I never generalise people. You cant look at someone and put them into a group predefined by society!
    Fair play, if someone is being a prick, they are being a prick... but that’s got nothing to do with there social standing! The word Chav is just as meaningless as every other steriotype imo!
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Surely the word chav is defined by what people understand that word to mean?

Many people like to think the word chav is an abbrieviation for Coucil House And Violent. Site's like ChavScum are also responsible for portraying chavs as working or under class. Kiezo and other Scots on here have previously said that chav are of lower class. Mentioning that chavs are doley's also add to that.

Chav is often used in the same way as pikey or gypo was used when I was at school i.e towards those who are poorer and live in less desirable areas.

It's not helpful whatever way you look at it.

Can you explain to me what a chav actually is?

I myself - use it to refer to people who go about, being anti social, starting fights, stealing and breaking anything that can't be stolen.

The kind who put it a brick through someones window, swear at mothers in tesco, throw rocks at cars off bridges and break phone boxes. This seems to be the current trend, it used to be "townies", now the media feel the need to change it to "chav".

It used to be Chavie, I know, which became abused by the media. But Chav has become a convienient way for me to refer to the worthless dregs of society, who contribute nothing, and often don't even bother working. The dole buys them fags, tesco value bitter, and the remainder can be stolen.

Talking of which, in unrelated news, I get an NI card soon, as the form actuall came out! Job + money time!!!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I myself - use it to refer to people who go about, being anti social, starting fights, stealing and breaking anything that can't be stolen.

So appearance has nothing to do with it then?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    But Chav has become a convienient way for me to refer to the worthless dregs of society, who contribute nothing, and often don't even bother working. The dole buys them fags, tesco value bitter, and the remainder can be stolen.

Bu then that fits in with what I was saying about the working class. Some people are born with far less opertunity and given far less encouragement to do something with their lives. Born on crappy housing estates, with a poor education and brought up by parents who've experienced nothing but the same - do you labelling them as chav and the dregs of society is helpful? Or is it just a little modern snobbery?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Pears...lol!
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    So appearance has nothing to do with it then?

Not really. Besides, Emos are to bus sitting in dark corners. Goths are too wasted on the nearest narcotic.
    Skive wrote:
    Bu then that fits in with what I was saying about the working class. Some people are born with far less opertunity and given far less encouragement to do something with their lives. Born on crappy housing estates, with a poor education and brought up by parents who've experienced nothing but the same - do you labelling them as chav and the dregs of society is helpful? Or is it just a little modern snobbery?

The thing is - you can make an EFFORT and get a job. And not break public conviences like bus shelters and phone boxes - I don't see what THAT has to do with being working class?

The steryotypical chav, doesn't make an effort to seek employment. Steals things that - let's face it - are not necessary - you don't NEED a new TV. You DO need food and drink. If you make no effort to get a job, to me - you are the lowest of the low. You take taxes and contribute nothing. THEN you waste furthur tax money by being a twat breaking shit.

Thier is theft due to poverty, and theft due to desire. I want alot of stuff - I don't steal it. (If you know of a nice Capri about the place, which would be easy though - give me a bell.)

It just annoys me how they are allowed to get away with it.
  • Options
    There's three neds kicking the fuck out of the bush shelter across the road from me as we speak.

It doesn't matter what they're wearing, where they live or whatever else, the fact that they are outside as we speak kicking the fuck out of the bus shelter, singing Celtic songs - that makes them neds.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    There's three neds kicking the fuck out of the bush shelter across the road from me as we speak.

It doesn't matter what they're wearing, where they live or whatever else, the fact that they are outside as we speak kicking the fuck out of the bus shelter, singing Celtic songs - that makes them neds.

Down hear they all sing England songs. Or swear about foriegners.