Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Men's Dance Shoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got any recommendations for places that sell men's dance shoes or just normal shoes you can semi dance in i.e. light, flat underneath so you can slide and spin, etc?

Perhaps online but I'd prefer a real shop you can try things on at.

Something a bit like the shoe on the left, suitable for general clubbing (when worn with black trousers) and a bit of salsa type thing?

Something like the shoe on the left? (The right one is a bit too shiny)

9000.gif

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The soles onthe bottom of these shoes look interesting, does it mean they're totally flexable?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEN-BALLROOM-TANGO-SWING-SALSA-DANCE-SHOE-SZ-UK8_W0QQitemZ150039914941QQihZ005QQcategoryZ112427QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    If they're split soles, then the part under the arch of your foot is flexable, whereas those look like they're soft from the heel to the toe. If you are wearing them out you do want the added base. Go into a dance shop and try some on...

I luuurve those shoes you linked, get 'em in a funky colour- like blue. Then you'd have blue suede shoes. Dude! And I love the two tone ones as well, daper.
    What kind of sole would those be?

They almost look like something Robin Hood would have worn.

The places I'd mostly wear something like that to I drive to anyway so not so worried about a grippy sole, infact want something I can slide and spin around in more.

I do Like the idea of a split sole, I'll certainly have to try and locate a store in London that sell more dance type shoes and see what they are like to actually wear.
    definately go in a dance shop. Ask em for some "swing" or danceable dress shoes... I've never understood why men all seem to go for the same ole boring ass shoes that everyone else is wearing. A bit of individuality will set you well apart.