Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blood boils and skin tags

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep getting blood boils on my fingers, I have one at the moment and it’s really swollen and painful. Does anyone else get these? Why do they happen and how can I stop it/get rid of them?

Also, on my back, I have this little piece of skin which sort of sticks out. It’s only small, but it rubs on my bra strap and is annoying. I’m really temped to cut it off or something, is there a safe way of getting rid of it?

Comments

• Options
    Skin tag: If it is large enough, tie a length of dental floss or similar thin thread around it really tight at the base. It will drop off after a couple of days.

If it is tiny just cut the skin tag off with a pair of nail clippers or sissors. It will bleed for a bit, get ready with a sticky plaster and apply a bit of pressure for a while. Leave the plaster on a couple of days.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    OMG wrote:
    Skin tag: If it is large enough, tie a length of dental floss or similar thin thread around it really tight at the base. It will drop off after a couple of days.

If it is tiny just cut the skin tag off with a pair of nail clippers or sissors. It will bleed for a bit, get ready with a sticky plaster and apply a bit of pressure for a while. Leave the plaster on a couple of days.

Ouch :( It's really not advisable to try and remove them yourself tbh. Your GP should be able to either snip them safely or freeze off with liquid nitrogen.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Ouch :( It's really not advisable to try and remove them yourself tbh. Your GP should be able to either snip them safely or freeze off with liquid nitrogen.
    Or lazerzzzz. bzzzz.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Ouch :( It's really not advisable to try and remove them yourself tbh.

It certainly isn't. A friend had skin tags and they turned out to be malignant. She had them surgically removed and a course of drugs to sort it out.

Not trying to worry the OP, as i'd imagine malignant ones are quite rare, but this should be sorted out by someone medically qualified.