Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know there are probably a trillion interview threads but my interview at the Co Op is tomorrow.

I know what I want to say, it's just how to say it..and sometimes my mind goes blank and there are two other candidates, me being the last. I don't want to sound exactly the same!

Any help? Thankyouu if there is

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just be yourself Rach. Try to appear somewhat confident about yourself and your abilities. You'll not sound the same as the others - you're a tiny little lovely thing who will shine above the other two :).

Best of luck. I expect lots of eyesex when you get the job :thumb:.
    Thankyou! That made me feel a lot better. I'm tempted to mention their fairtrade scheme but will I sound like a bit of a wanker? Aha.. xx
    If theres an opportunity to mention it, say it! They will be impressed you've done your research rather than just turning up and answering their questions! Good luck with it, you will do great and let us know how you get on!:)
    thankyou! :) i shall
    At ASDA last night they gave us a little test to do :rolleyes:. Now I'm sure Co Op wont do this, by the sounds of it, but the test asked questions such as their top competitiors, names of ASDA brand lines (George etc).

I'd imagine knowing things like this beforehand would be of use if it came up during the interview. :D
    I think I did a bit bollocks
    Rachael wrote:
    I think I did a bit bollocks

How come? :(
    After all the preparation I did I felt like I was a bit blah. I went in and the interview was held in a ...cupboard...well practically and it was this bloke and we were standing up and he just filled in a form..what I would do in certain situations and I answered them but I dont think I was 'bubbly' enough. I get a phonecall today :(
    Rachael wrote:
    After all the preparation I did I felt like I was a bit blah. I went in and the interview was held in a ...cupboard...well practically and it was this bloke and we were standing up and he just filled in a form..what I would do in certain situations and I answered them but I dont think I was 'bubbly' enough. I get a phonecall today :(

You might be surprised you might get it !! Atleast you tried anyway.

Doesn't sound a very organised interview though.
    Mm at least I had a go. My written applications are okay. I always plummet at interviews. Eek. Thanks for everyone's replies tho!
    let us know if you get it .......maybe ask why if u dont get it?
    Lol he just rang to say I hadn't got it. Kinda didn't ask why but I pretty much know that I was very shy.
    im shy too but i just got a job the other day. you just need to say the buzz words like...... im willing to learn, link selling etc etc. and try not to worry i always do my best not to look nervous try smiling . shyness can be a good thing not all employers want a person who wont shut up and take orders. also sit with shoulders back and look confident

sorry you didnt get it :-(
    I was all ready to sit in a calm manner but it was in a tiny room and we were standing up. It was only like ten minutes long. Ahh nevermind. Thankyou! Practice makes perfect I guess
    better luck next time!
    Rachael wrote:
    Lol he just rang to say I hadn't got it. Kinda didn't ask why but I pretty much know that I was very shy.

Nuts. I'm sorry, mate :(.
    Sorry to hear that! :( Interviews are scary enough without being made to stand up! Good luck for next time!