Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Smoking Opium

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone done it? whats it like? how did u come across it?

Comments

• Options
    Never done it but my mate tried it in Thailand...kind of like morphine I suppose
  • Options
    In Amsterdam and I just felt like I had no problems and I foated around extremel relaxed for a few hours.
  • Options
    Is it easy to come across in amsterdam? I'm going soon.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Anyone done it? whats it like? how did u come across it?
    smoked quite a bit of opium in the seventies.
    if you smoke it and walk around or go drinking ...you miss 95% of what its about.
    under those circumstances it is very like morphine.
    the correct and proper way is to lay down ...get nice and comfy ...smoke through a pipe or tube.
    if your lying down ...you will be transported to some fabulous and fantastic worlds.
    opium has to be the best buzz i ever had.
    the smell of the stuff is so exotic as well.
    you can also eat it or shove it up your arse.
    but please remember ...if your tempted to try it ....

a piece the size of a pea is verging on overdose.
  • Options
    Uprising wrote:

I literally just come back from Amsterdam last week and I never came across any opium....only marijuana, mushrooms (legally :thumb: ) and fuck loads of people offering cocaine, ecstasy (some fucking good pills out there), speed, MDMA powder and 2cb......be careful about the dealers selling the illegal drugs in the red light district, some are fine, some will try to sell you sweets as pills and some will just try and run off with your money...we had people trying to do both to us, fortunately they were unsuccessful :p
  • Options
    Uprising wrote:
    I only saw it in one shop and it was pre-rolled in a shop near dam square and the red light district
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I only saw it in one shop and it was pre-rolled in a shop near dam square and the red light district

But Opium, Heroin etc is illegal in Amsterdam so how were they selling it in a shop? Must have been some weed with Opium in the name.
  • Options
    smoked quite a bit of opium in the seventies.
    if you smoke it and walk around or go drinking ...you miss 95% of what its about.
    under those circumstances it is very like morphine.
    the correct and proper way is to lay down ...get nice and comfy ...smoke through a pipe or tube.
    if your lying down ...you will be transported to some fabulous and fantastic worlds.
    opium has to be the best buzz i ever had.
    the smell of the stuff is so exotic as well.
    you can also eat it or shove it up your arse.
    but please remember ...if your tempted to try it ....

i know nothing about opium so sorry if i sound really stupid here:
    but how u can u smoke it at all if a piece the size of a pea is alot? is it really dangerous then? and is it really addictive like heroin?
  • Options
    Yes, it is addictive. Opium is where morphine (and thus heroin) comes from, as well as codeine.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    But Opium, Heroin etc is illegal in Amsterdam so how were they selling it in a shop? Must have been some weed with Opium in the name.
    I thought it was legal there. It was defo Opium, I tried it over here when I got back and it was the same buzz, so god knows.
  • Options

Not trying to sound like a smartass, but that's really no rule of thumb to go by, as it varies greatly in potency just like any other drug and specific type of opium. Aside from the quality of the crop, the method of processing is a huge factor because if the stems are used (stems are about 64% less powerful) by the method of straining and drying (as opposed to extracting it raw) then it will be much less powerful as well. I've had almost triple that and while very potent and long-lasting, was not close to an overdose. Then again, caution should ALWAYS be used, especially when you're not sure of your threshold level or the person you're buying it from; I'm not trying to encourage recklessness here. Like any drug, start very slow and with very little and see how your body reacts before taking any additional substance. I usually go with the mushroom dosage rule of waiting at least 90 minutes before taking more...
  • Options
    Not trying to sound like a smartass, but that's really no rule of thumb to go by, as it varies greatly in potency just like any other drug and specific type of opium. Aside from the quality of the crop, the method of processing is a huge factor because if the stems are used (stems are about 64% less powerful) by the method of straining and drying (as opposed to extracting it raw) then it will be much less powerful as well. I've had almost triple that and while very potent and long-lasting, was not close to an overdose. Then again, caution should ALWAYS be used, especially when you're not sure of your threshold level or the person you're buying it from; I'm not trying to encourage recklessness here. Like any drug, start very slow and with very little and see how your body reacts before taking any additional substance. I usually go with the mushroom dosage rule of waiting at least 90 minutes before taking more...
    But the point is that you don't know how strong it is until you try it...especially if you haven't taken it before.
  • Options
    sounds good
  • Options
    I really want to to try pure opium how nature intended. :chin: