Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

People that knock Cocaine...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most people I've talked to agree that charlie kills MDMA.
  • Options
    There's a techincal reason for it too. Cocaine apparently blocks the serotonin transporters making MDMA far less effective.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    If you are drinking I would advise you wait for up to 4-5 hours until considering taking ketamine, and even then, only use a small amount.
    thats what i did the other night. i drank til 12 then started on ket at 5.30. and i didnt even realise i was being sensible! :angel: i did have pills in between those times though.
  • Options
    z- wrote:
    i love a loada diazes and drink.. complete memory blanks but somehow its good craic

i took a loada ket when i was drunk one night, cant remember much, went into a k hole, cabbaged me lol

I do vallys and drink weekly he he.
    I can always remember the general things that happened, just not conversations. :D
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I just came across this article and thought I would share.
    People addicted to cocaine have an impaired ability to perceive rewards and exercise control due to disruptions in the brain's reward and control circuits, according to a series of brain-mapping studies and neuropsychological tests conducted at the U.S. Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory.
  • Options
    Do some of you have any slight worries about your health or life?

I presume you know that mixing downers is an easy way to top yourself?

Or that mixing lots of alcohol with MDMA is bound to cause you problems?

Is it that you just dont care about your life or do you think you are somehow different and can get away with it?
  • Options
    Uprising wrote:
    I do vallys and drink weekly he he.

Be careful. Its very easy to OD doing this and choke on your own vomit. It also a good way to get into lots of fights.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Most people I've talked to agree that charlie kills MDMA.

Fuck it does, honestly. I had two fat lines on Friday night was hyper for an hour, took three bombs of MDMA and didn't feel a thing.

Then I had it on its own on Sunday and I was fleeeeeeeein', fucking ace stuff, that. :D
  • Options
    I disagree
  • Options
    The chemical evidence is in Blagsta's favour, I'm afraid. That said, it just goes to show that the effect of drug taking is partly psychological...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I disagree

:yes:

In my experience MDMA has always masked the effect of any coke I've taken.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I doubt you've had pure MDMA. My guess would be that it had amphetamine in it.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I doubt you've had pure MDMA. My guess would be that it had amphetamine in it.

I've had pure MDMA on many occasion actually and I've taken enough of both drugs to know the difference.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fairynuff. However, ime, most people find that cocaine tends to bring MDMA down.

Cocaine in the morning after MDMA...that's another matter...only time I actually enjoy coke tbh.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Fairynuff. However, ime, most people find that cocaine tends to bring MDMA down.

I'm just saying what happens with me.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Cocaine in the morning after MDMA...that's another matter...only time I actually enjoy coke tbh.

The only time I enjoy coke (the only time it doesn't make me edgy) is when I'm pissed, but then that really isn't the cleverest of times to be taking it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I'm just saying what happens with me.

The only time I enjoy coke (the only time it doesn't make me edgy) is when I'm pissed, but then that really isn't the cleverest of times to be taking it.

Yeah, its bad... but thats the time coke is the nicest... when your pissed!
  • Options
    Yeah I find coke makes me edgy too.
  • Options
    I love doing coke when I'm drunk and about the whole MDMA thing...
    I've also had pure MDMA and the coke never ruins it, quite the opposite..I don't feel the coke like I usually would but it makes my rush more intense for a bit which I like.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yeah I find coke makes me edgy too.

Usually to do with the 'cuts' people use. I don't like that feeling.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

That for me was the worst time to do it, I had a nasty reaction and had the nastiest come down ever. I've never touched the stuff since.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    I think you will find that is has more to do with the effects of cocaine.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:

Naaaah, its to do with cocaine. Stimulants make me edgy these days.
  • Options
    I've always found that doing coke and mdma together was kinda counterproductive. Probably not the best idea in the world but i've done coke before to to level myself out a bit after overdoing it on the pills...
  • Options
    I think it just depends on yur mentality that determines whether the coke will make u edgy... I find that just taking it wile sober gives you that little bit more boost in energy and confidence, av never really been edgy off the stuff tbh... i think it all boils down to what sort of person u are, if yur one to get paranoid then thats when it will happen, i think coke just highlights what mood yur in... think iv just stated the bledin obvious there really havnt i? lol :rolleyes:

As for my opinion on coke, i quite like the stuff, its bludy expencive tho to have as an addiction but its nice to have as a little "pick me up" on a night out... deffo dnt think its worth blowin loadsa cash on tho..
  • Options
    Agreed...
    but I'm quite a paranoid person usually but when I do coke I don't get edgy while I'm buzzing, that's why I do it, to give me confidence and a nice pick me up happy feeling, however it does leave me even more paranoid and edgy when the buzz has gone.
  • Options
    I think it just depends on yur mentality that determines whether the coke will make u edgy...

I think its more to do with how much you've ever caned it. The law of diminishing returns starts kicking in with drugs after a while. Too many stimulants make people edgy - its in their nature, release of adrenaline, dopamine etc.
  • Options
    Chang is great . . . if you can find decent stuff that hasn't been cut with shit. You'd've thought you'd be able to get some good shit in London but to be honest, the dealers don't seem to give a shit about repeat business.

Havin' said that, you can see why so many of 'em get caught - thick as shit

I always drive when I go out and never have more than two drinks but a line or ten keeps me absolutely level-headed.
  • Options
    Driving under the influence of alcohol, even with cocaine, will not keep you 'absolutely leve-headed' in the eyes of the law.
  • Options
    I always drive when I go out and never have more than two drinks but a line or ten keeps me absolutely level-headed.

Blighter.
  • Options
    Oi, no need to get personal.