Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's the longest you've been single for?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
3+ years me. :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    About a year/18 months.
    2 months i think. maybe 3
    15 years.

If you mean after my first g/f, 5 years.
    7 months
    6+ years :(
    Just less than 18 years;)

Not been single since my first gf...still with her.
    well i only got with my first boyfriend a year and err 8 months ago. we split up a year ago and i've been single since then. :)
    4 Years in a couple of weeks time. I class the gaps between being intimate with someone as being single - there have been close girls in that time, but nothing 'serious' to the point of me getting my pants off. :)
    Just over a year I'd say. But I tend to get bored quite quickly, so I haven't been out with anyone for any significant period of time. I'm talking about girls who I introduced to people as my girlfriend here, rather than anyone I was just seeing.
    18 years. I have never been in a proper relationship.
    Well, about 2 and a half years or so.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    21 years and one month.
    Is it just me, or is it only blokes who can get to their 20's without having had a girlfriend? I've gotta say I don't know any girls my age who've never had a proper boyfriend, but plenty of blokes in that situation. Or do the girls just moan about it less?
    i have one friend who has never had a boyfriend. shes too insecure. i have another friend who has had a boyfriend for all of one month but she doesnt give seem to give a fuck.
    Is it just me, or is it only blokes who can get to their 20's without having had a girlfriend? I've gotta say I don't know any girls my age who've never had a proper boyfriend, but plenty of blokes in that situation. Or do the girls just moan about it less?

Or maybe some blokes dont know what they have!! (or had) :chin:

On topic :
    I think about 1 year single for me
    Nice friend you have there.
    what do you mean by that?

she had 1 boyfriend for a month about 5 years ago. she hasn't really been interested in anyone else since then.
    2 weeks 6 days, and counting!
    lipsy wrote:
    i have one friend who has never had a boyfriend. shes too insecure.

This is my problem as well.
    well i only got with my first boyfriend a year and err 8 months ago. we split up a year ago and i've been single since then. :)

Are you extremely picky or is it just a case of "haven't met the right one"?

(which might be the same, idk :p)
    lipsy wrote:
    what do you mean by that?

she had 1 boyfriend for a month about 5 years ago. she hasn't really been interested in anyone else since then.

id like to be like her, not interested. To me it would mean that the whole thing of being single is not an issue. At find it horrible, and me thinking about it all the time makes it worse.

Topic: i normally have a girlfriend for a month, then no-one for 2 years.
    My first relationship was when I was 16 (I'm 18 now) and since then the longest I've been single is 9 months and counting.
    over 2 years. but then nearly every girl i've met i've had some sort of phsyical thing with. but they don't count. the strange thing is i have led a great life up till recently. 2006 worst year ever. why evil.
    Well, I've never been married so... 23 years kinda.
    over 2 years. but then nearly every girl i've met i've had some sort of phsyical thing with. but they don't count. the strange thing is i have led a great life up till recently. 2006 worst year ever. why evil.

Why don't they count if you've done something physical with them? Or was that it? :confused:
    Sofie wrote:
    Why don't they count if you've done something physical with them? Or was that it? :confused:

cos i've been fooling around with girls all my life since like pre-pubescent. nothing special came my way, and all the while i was loosing what made me ALEXANDER. thus i never felt i was really 'there' (...if that makes sense...) ho hum.

you gotta love yourself to be loved. understand that no-one really understands, but that with the right actions you can make people see your way (surely that sentiment is the meaning of liff).
    20+ years til my ex, despite having flings one-night stands etc, nothing serious. I finally split up with him July but it all fell apart in April/May this year. 5 Months from May.
    a year
    Two years roughly in 03 until last year. Self-inflicted singledom. Just didn't want to be with anyone due to several factors, although to be fair i prefer being single instead of in a relationship and am fiercely protective of my right to singledom. :yes:
    a week under 6 months but that was only between my 1st and 2nd relationship
    Never had a proper girlfriend. It's not like I'm insecure, I just haven't met a girl that I have strong feelings for and them being reciprocated. Plus it's fun being single, less baggage and there's plenty of fish in the sea. Not having regular sex though is a drag! :impissed: :D