Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sophia wrote:
    I just watched it now....with my mum :o:o

:lol:

Tissues, maybe. Mum, no.
    :lol: If you think you're embarrassed, I watched Last House On The Left with my mum the other night. Basically about two girls who get pulled into the woods by some serial killers, and forced to perform sex acts on each other. Oh, and no I haven't watched it yet, but I'll get it this week.
    mine hasnt arrived yet.
    This is the film with the step siblings who have sex then the girl leaves to travel abroad right? It was on BBC2 a few weeks back?
    I had a look in the video shop but I couldn't find it. I'll try somewhere else.
    Damn good film, its the black tangents that are the best touch- explaining how everyone they see dies.
    I joined an independent video rental and they stock it. I've got it until Saturday so will watch it very soon.
    Fantastic film with, in my opinion, the best piece of camerawork I have ever seen. The bit when they're in the bar, and the girl is on the phone to her husband, she is in booth 1 and in the window for booth 2, you can see the reflection of the two guys playing pool. Perhpas not even intentional but a stunning shot.

I hate to be pernickety but things like this really irritate me - también has an accent in it.
    Yeah, but if you can't be arsed to find the key for the e with an accent, we all understand anyway!

I have had it for a while, but I watched it while semi-pissed so need to watch it again fully sober before I comment...
    just press ctrl, alt and e at the same time é
    ctrl alt e = ´
    You know, when I said "film discussion" this isn't exactly what I had in mind. I'm gonna check out Blockbusters tonight, then Tesco if they don't have it.
    pmsl At least we've all managed & bothered to watch it - or are in the process of. I think it's going pretty well tbh
    Yeah, but your a swot.

ETA: yes I know, no apostrophe.
    *feels chastised*, though not enough to put off watching Apocolyose Now before re-watching Y Tu Mam(a accent) Tambi(e accent)n...
    apparently amazon only dispatched mine today!!
    Looking forward to watching it when it comes.
    I can officially say that it is the best foreign film that i have ever watched
    I wouldn't go that far but it is definitely a good film.

Some of the new Russian films coming out are phenomenal like Брат 1 & 2 (Brother) , Бозрашение (The Return), Жесть (Zhest - No-one knows what it means) and Night Watch/Day Watch but I forget the name of it in Russian. Russian cinema generally kicks ass.
    film_buff wrote:
    I can officially say that it is the best foreign film that i have ever watched
    If you liked that film then I would strongly recommend a Brazilian film called Lower City (Cidade Baixa). I didn't nominate it as I've not seen it in video rentals but you can definately get it from Amazon.
    just press ctrl, alt and e at the same time é
    é é é

Just testing...

That is really useful to know as I write in Portuguese a lot and I've always opened MS Word, done insert symbol and then copied and pasted it as needed! That will save me a lot of time when I e-mail my boyfriend!

Actually the computers at university were even cooler as they had foreign language spell-check and it would do auto-correct for adding the accents but now I'm not at university I don't have access to such luxuries.

Is there any similar short-cuts for circumflex accents (aka little hats), the two dots (don't know name in English) or for the c with a cedella (sp? - I mean the little hooky thing)?
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Is there any similar short-cuts for circumflex accents (aka little hats), the two dots (don't know name in English) or for the c with a cedella (sp? - I mean the little hooky thing)?

The two dots (an umlaut), you can do in Ms Word but pressing Ctrl+Shift+: and then the letter you want to put it on top of.
    just finished watching it. It was OK. I was expecting more from it, but it wasnt a bad movie.
    Impressed with Frank Zappas watermelon in Easter hay as the ending title music - one of my favourite pieces of music ever.
    anyone else watched it yet?
    I was going to watch it last week but came to the bitter realization that my copy has no subtitles. Now I need to find another solution that doesn't include learning Spanish in seven days. :P
    Blockbusters. £2.75 for 7 nights, or 3 for a fiver. I got this, Spirited Away and Zatoichi. I'll Y Tu Mama tonight or tomorrow since it's my day off, and I hate watching subtitled films if I'm tired.
    so whos watched it so far.
    whens the discussion?