Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fuck, just, fuck.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6052522.stm

Just seen that there.

Thats absolutely awful.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6052522.stm

Just seen that there.

Thats absolutely awful.

I heard it on Radio 1.

Are you going to lay some flowers, or has anybody yet?
    I've not been over there tbh. I don't really want to. I completely freaked out last night even going near there on my own.

I might buy some flowers and lay some though to pay and respects and what not.
    I've not been over there tbh. I don't really want to. I completely freaked out last night even going near there on my own.

I might buy some flowers and lay some though to pay and respects and what not.

Yeah, i think i would :)

Maybe going over there eventually could do you some good in a way.
    Just popped out for some bread and walked along there.

Only felt safe walking along it cuz there was reporters there taking photos AGAIN. How many photos do they need?! GAH.

There is no flowers.

I just can't get my head around it at all. It happened in broad day light. The path is well lit and should be safe to walk along. You can see people walking along it from the main road. I just don't understand how this could have happened without anybody seeing anything.
    I just don't understand how this could have happened without anybody seeing anything.

People see what they want to see.
    Mmmmm. I see where you are coming from but like, its like that story about that man who had his throat slashed on a bus in London and nobody did anything.

I can understand if some people were too afraid to go and help incase they got hurt but like, you'd think they'd call the police or something.

I just know that if I saw this man getting attacked, I would have done something to try and help him.

Someone would have seen something, thats for sure.
    Mmmmm. I see where you are coming from but like, its like that story about that man who had his throat slashed on a bus in London and nobody did anything.

I can understand if some people were too afraid to go and help incase they got hurt but like, you'd think they'd call the police or something.

I just know that if I saw this man getting attacked, I would have done something to try and help him.

Your forgetting things like that can happen in minutes, and jumping into help may not neccessarily do a great deal if theres a group of people kicking some blokes head in.

How you think you will react and how you do in real life can be two totally different things, people will often freeze in an emergency situation unless trainned what to do.
    How you think you will react and how you do in real life can be two totally different things

That's very true. When i worked in an off license, where we used to have a fair amount of crap, a guy pulled a knife on my mate who was on the till. I thought i'd just panick, but instead i beat the crap out of him with a bottle of Le Piat D'or white !
    I saw all this on the news this morning... :(
    How you think you will react and how you do in real life can be two totally different things, people will often freeze in an emergency situation unless trainned what to do.
    I've seen people being beaten up MANY times in the past. I always helped.

I know for a fact I'd help or AT LEAST call the police if I felt as though me barging into the situation would make things worse.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    this is such a sad sad story, and it brings it closer to home when you hear about it like this. its just an alarming illustration of the world we live in today...wrong place, wrong time.
    I've seen people being beaten up MANY times in the past. I always helped.

I know for a fact I'd help or AT LEAST call the police if I felt as though me barging into the situation would make things worse.

Well you couldnt have helped this bloke, that much is obvious.

You should just count yourself lucky you didn't get in the middle of it and get your head caved in.
    LacyMay wrote:
    You should just count yourself lucky you didn't get in the middle of it and get your head caved in.

:yes:

People get done in round here all the time, some bloke randomly got it last week, about the same time I was walking home pissed.

Last street I stayed on a 14 year old kid got bunged into a car, murdered and his body got dumped into a park, just because he was white.

End of the day you've just to shrug it off and not let it get to you.