Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Names you hate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the risk of offending everyone on here whose name you don't know, what names do you dislike?

I personally can't stand Justin on a bloke. And for girls, I'm not really a fan of any of the Mels other than Melissa. No offence if anyone has those names. I'm sure having a crap name is no reflection on you as a person (your parents maybe :p).

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Names for "older" people like, Janet and Barbara, you get my drift i hope.

I only dislike them on younger people though as it just doesn't sound right, but those who are 50/60 it's fine.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I don't like Chelsea. Every single Chelsea that I have had in a class has been a horrible child.

NB Although I haven't met any nice Chelseas I am not disputing the fact that there probably are some out there. Somewhere.
    Tallulah.

What a fucking stupid name.
    Oh and Crystal. Do you want your daughter to grow up to become a stripper?
    I don't like Chelsea. Every single Chelsea that I have had in a class has been a horrible child.

NB Although I haven't met any nice Chelseas I am not disputing the fact that there probably are some out there. Somewhere.

Ah always the optimist, they're all cunts and you know it. ;)

I don't like silly names like Apple and shit like that.
    Yep, we had a Crystal in our class in primary school. I think she's had a litter of mini Crystals since she left school.
    Normal ones; Sarah, Sophie, Amy, Alice.

Tacky, nasty ones; Chelsea, Kylie, Chantelle, anything double barelled (Ellie-May springs to mind) or when people try to spell their names differently. Like Leighanne.
    Chardonnay, Sapphire, Ocean. Basically nouns for names i hate. Though things like June and April are ok.
    LacyMay wrote:
    Tacky, nasty ones; Chelsea, Kylie, Chantelle, anything double barelled (Ellie-May springs to mind) or when people try to spell their names differently. Like Leighanne.

My ex was gonna call her wee girl Lola-Jayde, but she saw sense in the end and just left it at Jayde :sour:
    LacyMay wrote:
    or when people try to spell their names differently. Like Leighanne.

Oh god, my cousin was telling me all the girls names she liked a few weeks back. We were helping out another cousin (who's since had a baby, and it's a boy), but she announced "You can't call the baby Alleesah because that's what I'm going to call my first child if it's a girl."

I mean :eek: It's meant to be Alesha, just spelt differently. I soon portrayed my disgust :D
    Really old fashioned ones like Edwina and Margaret.
    I dislike names like Gemma, Emma, Claire - They're overused and unoriginal.

For boys, all the typical David, James, John, Paul, Matthew, Daniel - Biblical names, horrific.
    sophia wrote:
    Agreed that those are stupid names, but have either of you actually met anyone named Crystal or Tallulah?

I saw someone on the train once with two little girls, twins of about 2 or 3, called Dionne and Whitney. I shit you not. And yes, their ears were already pierced :(

I taught a Tallulah :o

She was a right little madam!
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Ah always the optimist, they're all cunts and you know it.

I do try ;)

I once taught a girl called Caprice. Just because of the name I was expecting a right little madam but she was the sweetest, loveliest girl in the class.

For boys, all the typical David, James, John, Paul, Matthew, Daniel - Biblical names, horrific.

:o

I think, with the exception of Gemma, I like all the names you just mentioned.

But yanno, different strokes for different folks.
    I hate Gemma, Jenna, Jenny and Emma. I seem to attract girls with those names, and it always takes me ages to find out what their name is in a club. And I still end up getting it wrong.
    Crystal/Krystal
    Tanesha/Talesha
    Allissia
    Robert
    Kerry/Ceri/Kerri
    Albert
    Stacey
    Tracey
    Leeanne (spelt like this. Leanne is fine. Leeanne is not. Incidentally, her sister is called Krystal.)
    Martin
    Rory
    Reagen
    Morgan
    Arnold
    Mollyhgygf
    poohead
    fannyface
    Olivia

Anything with a stupid spelling.

By the way, can you tell the point where Andy hijacked my keyboard? :yeees:
    Crystal/Krystal
    Tanesha/Talesha
    Allissia
    Robert
    Kerry/Ceri/Kerri
    Albert
    Stacey
    Tracey
    Leeanne (spelt like this. Leanne is fine. Leeanne is not. Incidentally, her sister is called Krystal.)
    Martin
    Rory
    Reagen
    Morgan
    Arnold
    Mollyhgygf
    poohead
    fannyface
    Olivia

By the way, can you tell the point where Andy hijacked my keyboard? :yeees:

You hate my name :crying:
    I don't hate your name, that's more a list of names that I wouldn't call my own child. Just because I wouldn't name my child Stacey does not in any way mean that I dislike you :p
    You hate my name :crying:
    What I should have said, was:

No Stacey, I think that Manda is a lovely person!

Which would have been an altogether better response.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    well my name is Emma, and i actually quite like it. granted its popular, but doesnt mean its not a nice name.
    when i worked in the maternity hospital, some woman named her kids dolce and gabbana!! i mean come on love, get a grip..."Dolce, dinner's ready, Gabbana, get down!"
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    well my name is Emma, and i actually quite like it. granted its popular, but doesnt mean its not a nice name.
    when i worked in the maternity hospital, some woman named her kids dolce and gabbana!! i mean come on love, get a grip..."Dolce, dinner's ready, Gabbana, get down!"
    Fucking hell. That's the sort of thing you come up with when you bring a couple of hamsters home from the pet shop. I'd put money on it that the nearest she's ever been to Dolce and Gabbana is the perfume.
    Crystal/Krystal
    Tanesha/Talesha
    Allissia
    Kerry/Ceri/Kerri
    Stacey
    Tracey
    Reagen
    Morgan
    Olivia

All of the above, plus the following (only a selection, as we would be here all day):

Sara (Sarah is fine)
    Jessica
    Jasmine and all its bastard variants
    Louise
    Victoria and all its derivatives
    Camilla
    Jordan
    Wayne
    Liam
    Luke
    Robbie (Bob/Rob/Robert are fine)
    any hyphenated name, or when people call their kids 2 names
    any boys name starting with a K which is supposed to start with a C
    anything celebrity-inspired or 'current'
    Fucking hell. That's the sort of thing you come up with when you bring a couple of hamsters home from the pet shop. I'd put money on it that the nearest she's ever been to Dolce and Gabbana is the perfume.
    woah there pony, she wasnt that classy! i think the closest thing was the copy of the d & g perfume she found down the chic st johns market in liverpool! it was called d & f and smelt of cat pee!
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    woah there pony, she wasnt that classy! i think the closest thing was the copy of the d & g perfume she found down the chic st johns market in liverpool! it was called d & f and smelt of cat pee!
    She hadn't done so much as rubbed herself against a magazine sample?
    ^^ Ditto this. (What Kaff said.)

Kaff, you know those books called "Crap Cars" and whatnot? We should write one called "Crap Names", or "What Not To Call Your Child".
    She hadn't done so much as rubbed herself against a magazine sample?
    bang on! and that was only from the magazine the woman in the next cubicle had on the maternity ward!
    Kaff, you know those books called "Crap Cars" and whatnot? We should write one called "Crap Names", or "What Not To Call Your Child".

I actually think we should. From the look of the other thread, a lot of people need our help!

Actually, we should write one called 'What to Name Your Child' cause I think it would be A LOT shorter ;)