Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pictures

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How would i remove the blur on some of my pictures?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unless you've got one of those special computers like in films where they can mystically add detail in to areas where it doesn't exist, then you could find it difficult.

Blur created by out of focus-ness or camera shake because of low light can be tricky to remove. You can try using the sharpen tools in an editor to play around with the photos sharpness / softness to see if either makes it look better, or some filters can be used that alter the image such as it's not so obvious any more - but they generally change the essence of the photo.
    Not 100% but picasa2 has automatic image 'fixing' tools, but thats mainly light levels.

And mist - you'd be surprised at the amount of recoverable detail in blurred images, I've seen 'before' and 'after' photos that the FBI have optimised or whatever and I just think... how the hell did they manage to read the numberplate that was before just a blur?
    So any program ideas?
    Not 100% but picasa2 has automatic image 'fixing' tools, but thats mainly light levels.

And mist - you'd be surprised at the amount of recoverable detail in blurred images, I've seen 'before' and 'after' photos that the FBI have optimised or whatever and I just think... how the hell did they manage to read the numberplate that was before just a blur?

Well, yes, but a lot of that comes from hours of work, or more sophisticated programs than we mere mortals have access to.
    You don't believe that do you? They just edit it until it's the number plate they want it to be. :p