Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Net Cafes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How much is the going rate and how long do you get?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Makoto wrote:
    How much is the going rate and how long do you get?

back in the 90's when ISDN was the latest and greatest thing, it was 5er an hour.
    £3 an hour at out place. About £1 an hour to use the Wifi network. It's more of an extra bit on the company, than a proper internet cafe though.
    Don't really know of any around here but the bus station cafe has a "deal" - £1 for 20 mins or something like that :rolleyes:
    i'd say it really depends on where you live. some small places around where i live (east london) charge around 50p - £1 an hour :) or at the library can use the internet for free if you are prepared to maybe wait for a slot.
    It varies. You might as well ask how much is a cup of coffee - depends what coffee shop you go into & where you are.

Have you tried your local library? They tend to offer internet usage for free.
    I'm just gathering some info for somehting I am planning to do in the future, got lots of info now!
    lan party?
    There isn't an Internet cafe round where I live, which I was quite suprised to learn seeing as the town is expanding and a lot of new things have been/are going to be developed in the next few years.