Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What Not To Wear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Nothing to do with the programme (so please don't move this to Entertainment Mssrs Mod) and also not really about how people dress or what is the "right" thing to wear (so don't shift to Style either, you buggers)...

What is it, about the way people dress, which annoys you?

Personally, it's obese men/women and jeans which show arse-crack (or even worse a thong :eek: ), or women wearing backless dresses/top and a bra :no:

Anyone got other fashion faux pas?

Comments

• Options
    This is big stylee getting moved to the style board. It is about general style and appearance. We don't all sit there discussing how expensive our latest Gucci handbags are, y'know :p

Anyway, I hate when people wear ugly things just cause they saw it in topshop. Also half mast trousers. I can sometimes forgive girls over about 5'9'' ish, and men over 6 foot, but when short people wear half masts I want to cry. There is NO excuse.
  • Options
    Basically anyone wearing anything that doesn't suit or fit them.
  • Options
    Bra straps showing. Ickkkk
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Bra straps showing. Ickkkk

I love a bit of bra strap showing...only if its a nice bra though and I wouldnt show the back of my bra.

Nothing offends me about other peoples clothes really, each to their own and all that.
  • Options
    I saw a guy wearing skin tight jeans, cowboy boots and I'm sure he'd back combed his hair.

I thought I'd travelled back to 1986.
  • Options
    Outside Newcastle Arena after the Take That concert in April this bloke had a really bad mullet.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    We don't all sit there discussing how expensive our latest Gucci handbags are, y'know :p

You mean that there's a big ol' bitch fest going on over there...?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Basically anyone wearing anything that doesn't suit or fit them.
    I agree.

Something that Imight not like or doesn't suit me could look fab on the next person.
    Fashion is personal choice and about expressing yourself.
  • Options
    when men wear jeans and trainers but their jeans aren't bootcut and ruffle at the top of the trainer. :yuck:

and again when people wear clothes that are way tooooo small for t hem.
  • Options
    when men wear jeans and trainers but their jeans aren't bootcut and ruffle at the top of the trainer. :yuck:

and again when people wear clothes that are way tooooo small for t hem.
    idont like men in boot cut :no:
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I agree.

Something that Imight not like or doesn't suit me could look fab on the next person.
    Fashion is personal choice and about expressing yourself.
    :yes:
    i think it looks awful when clothes don't fit someone.. like girls who are overweight and wear clothes a size too small and they get those muffin tops. i really dont like bra straps showing either - i think it looks tacky. im sure i thought it looked good when i was 15 though. i dont like too much cleavage either but maybe thats because im a legs girl.

for lads its just when they wear tshirts which are huge on them! they should go for a more fitted style (not skin tight!) which will flatter their chest more.
    also lads who wear running trainers for normal day wear. like a pair of nikeys. and then they team it up with some cheapo jeans that their mum picked out for them.
    also i hate any type of necklace on lads, especially those surfer ones.
  • Options
    Grown men wearing trainers with air bubbles, or springs, or flashing lights. Sure, they were cool when you were about 10, but you'd think these people would've grown out of that sort of thing by now. Maybe they want to impress their friends though?
  • Options
    I hate it when skinny people think just because they're the same build as kate moss, they think they are her and combine wacky as stuff. Its just wrong. Breastcoats. Boy shorts on non-skinny people. Roman style sandals. Men in shirts with dragons or flames on them. Corn rows on chav girls. I could go on.
  • Options
    I don't see the problem with bra straps showing, with many summer tops it looks good if you wear a nice bra with them. Wearing a bra with a backless top is daft if you show off the band.

Skinny jeans on anyone who isn't 6'4 and 2 stone.

People wearing the wrong size (it isn't just a fat person province). Especially girls wearing the wrong size bra (and you can tell).

Anything from Ben Sherman or Paul Smith. In fact, all Hooligan Wear.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Anything from Ben Sherman or Paul Smith. In fact, all Hooligan Wear.
    paul smith's clothes are lovely! its not even like ben sherman or other chavtastic makes.

eta: i think you're confusing it with ted baker
  • Options
    Anything with massive labels on. Tacky as fuck. It looks like oversized jewellery, basically saying "look what I can afford."
  • Options
    grey and pink - i think it looks horrible

oh and deffinatly people who buy a size too small so they have their rolls spilling out
  • Options
    This might be just me, but anything from dolce & gabbana and gucci is overflowing the market like japanese pokemon trading cards. It's overpriced, unoriginal, ugly tbh, and totally annoying that people wear what the masses wear so they don't drop out.

Recently I saw a fat wannabe with a "Latino Giggolo" shirt, that said "500$ a night, first night free" on the back. It was in some kind of glittery silver font.

Or anytime I see those preps with their white shirts that have D & G in weird positions like aruond the hip or somewhere down/around the sleeve I throw up in my mouth a little.

Moreover do I despise (but thise might be really just me) vintage stuff like "UNIVERSITY OF UGANDA", or "Harry Schiwago's sports united team".
    in weird faded fonts and stuff.
  • Options
    T shirts saying D&G with Dangerous and Gorgeous underneath or something like that.
  • Options
    Also when people wear knee boots with cropped trousers. I find this is almost always ladies who are edging towards middle age and rather generously proportioned in the hip area, and I just want to chase them down the street and yell 'YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR FIGURE ANY FAVOURS WITH THAT ENSEMBLE, YOU KNOW', at them before giving them a lesson on proportions and making them promise never to wear cropped trousers again, especially not in a size too small (which they almost always are).
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Also when people wear knee boots with cropped trousers. I find this is almost always ladies who are edging towards middle age and rather generously proportioned in the hip area, and I just want to chase them down the street and yell 'YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR FIGURE ANY FAVOURS WITH THAT ENSEMBLE, YOU KNOW', at them before giving them a lesson on proportions and making them promise never to wear cropped trousers again, especially not in a size too small (which they almost always are).

hahahaa..
    If you do that, put it on video as proof. I will send you a crate of beer.
  • Options
    i hate it when guys wear sleeveless tops and spiked up hair.
  • Options
    Men who wear short, socks and sandals
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    hahahaa..
    If you do that, put it on video as proof. I will send you a crate of beer.

Sadly I am all mouth and no trousers, and would be far too afraid of them chasing me back down the street and stabbing me to death with their pointy heeled boots.

:(
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Sadly I am all mouth and no trousers, and would be far too afraid of them chasing me back down the street and stabbing me to death with their pointy heeled boots.

:(

bwahaha.... I imagine you walking down the street when such a woman comes towards you and you jump in her face, "YOU, MADAM, ARE WORSE THAN HITLER!!"

but hey, it's all personal opinion. You can't argue over that, but you damn sure can have shits and giggles about it :)

you made me laugh ;)
  • Options
    Anything with massive labels on. Tacky as fuck. It looks like oversized jewellery, basically saying "look what I can afford."

yup, i cant stand oversized labels either, eek can look so awful! :banghead:
  • Options
    **sugar** wrote:
    yup, i cant stand oversized labels either, eek can look so awful! :banghead:
    Especially Bench on the arse.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Especially Bench on the arse.

:yes: uhuh, or those helly hansen massive big coats with it plastered all over it!
  • Options
    leggings
    boots over your pants
    skirts with leggings
    oversized off the shoulder sweater
    that w/ leggings
    leg warmers
    red pumps with oversized off the shoulder sweater and leggings
    crimped hair
    blue eyeliner
    slouch shoes
    belts over your shirts
    big beads
    ballet shoes
    skinny jeans
    black jeans
    men in pink
    men with long hair (over 1 inch)
    men w/ spiked hair
    men and jewlery
    men and turtlenecks
    bra straps... there is no such thing as a cute look because your bra strap has glitter
    men in flare or boot cut jeans
  • Options
    Also, men in cardigans. The ones like this:

00080m.jpg

Yes, they do sell them in Topman, but they make you look FUCKING RIDICULOUS.