Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ABSINTHE: More affordable, more variety, & more potent than ever.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh? And what spirits have you tried?

Well obviously, as it is not supposed to do either! It is simply a long-lasting euphoria/well-being state of mind high. Although there are rumours that certain 10x strength spirits can still make you see the fairy. This may be true, as after quite a few drinks of only 14 mg I got this visual effect where everything was highlighted and much more vivid. I was in the back seat being taken home and I remember being fascinated by all the lights on the freeway (much like I am whiule on shrooms)! So I'm sure it is quite possible.

It is not meant to be drank straight! Almost every testimony I hear about how shitty absinthe is comes from someone that takes a shot or a straight drink. Well, of course it is going to taste like shit this way! weak-ass 70 proof vodka tastes like shit straight too, as with any other hard drink.

Yes, exactly! It is very easy to drink even 1/2 and 1/2, with little to no burn, even though at this dilution it is equal to drinking vodka straight! Let's see ANY other drink do that! Plus if you substitute the water with parts Bailey's irish Creme (or related drink), it is soooo tasty...Absinthe Cremé...mmm.

Not at all. It is a liquor, and it quite flavourful, usually in a good way. Some spririts smell fruity, others neutral, some like licorise or mint, and some even have a pleasant floral fragrance. There are flavours for those who like and dislike anise, sweetened and unsweetened, and other flavours like citrus, mint (personal fave), and other herbs, but very rarely does it simply taste like alcohol.

BWAHAHA! Some day when absinthe has become mainstream and you finally try it you will all see how great it truely is!:thumb:

Erm, it IS mainstream you idiot!

Its been mainstream for hundreds of years in Europe.

God, you yanks are so arrogant it beggars belief.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Ok, there is absolutely no need to get personal, that's out of order.
    Eating raw cockroaches has been the norm in many countries for hundreds of years, but you don't see that being posted on the top 10 trends, do you? Case in point, just because something is popular in one country doesn't make it mainstream. Even over there I doubt it has enough popularity to be mainstream. When was the last time you made an absinthe run as opposed to a beer run? And seeing as it has never been legal in the US there is simply no such thing as streets dealers for the stuff how the hell COULD it be mainstream where I live?

...idiot.:D
    It's about as mainstream as tequila, in that most bars have it, but they won't sell loads of the stuff. People might do the odd shot of it on a night out, and along with tequila and sambuca, it's one of the more popular things to drink by itself, but it doesn't sell as much because it doesn't really go into anything else.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    In this country most supermarkets and a lot of bars sell it.Infact I would say a large proportion of young people have tried it, it's just that most don't like it.
    Weekender Offender