Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Virgin @ 28

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am male 28 years old, straight but still a virgin. I masturbate frequently and enjoy it but I am still single and feel there something wrong with me because I have not experienced intercourse with a partner yet but I have had offers of sex in the past but stupidly rejected them should I now get laid or wait until I get married?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mozz1978 wrote:
    I am male 28 years old, straight but still a virgin. I masturbate frequently and enjoy it but I am still single and feel there something wrong with me because I have not experienced intercourse with a partner yet but I have had offers of sex in the past but stupidly rejected them should I now get laid or wait until I get married?

Personally i don't think there is any rush nor should you feel pressurised to have sex.

As many will say wait until the right time comes and when you feel ready and that way you will not regret it.

Nothing is wrong with you at all and if you want to wait until you are married then good for you :)
    from the sounds of it, you have had sexual experience with girls, just not intercourse. if thats true, it can only be a good thing, doesnt mean theres anything thing wrong with you at all. Just go with the flow, dont let being a virgin put you off, if it feels right go for it
    we've had loads of virgins lately on the boards who are well over twenty and are questioning if they should 'get laid' or if it would put girls off. have a look for the threads.you'll find that basically everyone will tell you that no, girls do not get put off by it, no its not a problem in anyway, no you should not have sex because you feel you should get it over with or that you should have done it by now and yes you should do whatever makes you happy. whether that be waiting for the right person or having a one night stand. its whatever you want.;)
    Giving yourself 2 options will only make yourself feel more pressured.

It seems as if there isn't any time between 'get laid right now' and your marriage vows. In the length of time between right now and finding a wife, you could find someone you'll want to sleep with, in a relaxed boyfriend/girlfriend situation.

It's not a question of 'rush it' or 'hold off forever until death us do part' - there's a hell of a long time between the two to find someone.
    I was 33 when I lost my virginity, I just waited till the right girl came around,
    sometimes its a long wait but it does happen..
    mozz1978 wrote:
    straight but still a virgin. I masturbate frequently

are you really good at 'it' too. life's so unfair!

no worries pal, you're probably looking in the wrong places. get a haircut and start snapping your fingers :D

i live with 3 x virings at 40.. they're not looking either, so they'll probably never experience touch like that. try changing your attitude? maybe see touch as essential in the long term for good health and emotional comfort/satisfaction.
    are you really good at 'it' too. life's so unfair!

no worries pal, you're probably looking in the wrong places. get a haircut and start snapping your fingers :D

Someone didn't read the post, huh?

"I have had offers of sex in the past but stupidly rejected them"

He's had offers, he's turned them down, he's wondering if that was a bad decision. Not asking 'Like, how do I pick up chicks? Huh huh!'.