Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Savoury Crepes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
These are fabby anyone had them before? I particularly like ham and cheese but would like to be more adventurous with the filling, any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Options
    Chicken and asparagus, chesse and ham, chicken and ham, chicken and mushroom, chilli, steak mince and onion, cheese and onion. Make them then put them in an oven proof dish, cover with a white or cheese sauce, sprikle some cheese and breadcrumbs on top, put in the oven (200c Gas 6) for 20 minutes, yummy yum yum.
  • Options
    Buckwheat

Hey,

What are you making your crepes with? The French (particularly nothern France) make their savoury crepes with buckwheat flour, instead of normal flour. You might want to try this. I'm not sure how to describe it, but some people really like it. (I had a bad experience with buckwheat pancakes and can now not eat them unless I try really hard...)

Anyhow, a bit of tomato added is pretty nice, makes them healthier and not so heavy, if you know what I mean.

Goat's cheese was pretty yummy too, (when I ate them...). Try and put whatever is in your house in them and see what happens!
  • Options
    mmmm i had a really nice one in the Dutch pancake House in Manchester it was full of prawns, mussels, salmon, tuna yum yum yum yum
  • Options
    Coccinelle wrote:
    Hey,

What are you making your crepes with? The French (particularly nothern France) make their savoury crepes with buckwheat flour, instead of normal flour.
    yes they are darker in colour too. savoury crepes are actually called 'galettes'

in brittany i had one with fried egg, ham, cheese and tomatoes
  • Options
    Rubberskin, some awesome ideas there as usual, you're quite the chef!!

I've been inspired. Stuffed pancakes it is tonight
  • Options
    My cousin runs a creperie in France. He says you can put anything you want in a galette, but your right Coccinelle, buckwheat flour is the way forward.

Whenever i go there i just eat them all the time.
    He does a fried breakfast one which as everything you would normally have, the best way to do it cook everything first and then just fry the egg directly on to the galette n then add other items. yummy.
    ham and cheese, chicken casserole if u want lol sausage and cheese, mushrooms, salmon and brie with grapes on side, erm tryin to think what else they have there! should keep you going a while tho! :o)
    hungry now lol
  • Options
    Goats cheese and roasted vegetables :thumb:
  • Options
    How do you actually make the crepes? I know how to make pancakes but crepe mix must be slightly different.
  • Options
    Crepe Making Tips

Hi T-shirt_sun_tan! I put strawberries (puree and strips) for my crepes.
This discussion has been closed.