Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

do u ever get the feeling?....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you ever get the feeling that certain people are talking behind your back?..if you do, what do you do about it? do you think you're jus being paranoid and let it go?..or jus talk to those people about it?...and what if you don't know these people that well?...

my cousin's friend and i became quite close via chat, and he was there for me through a very tough time with a guy i used to date. but then he asked me out, knowing that i would say no. he doesn't talk to me online that much now, and my cousin (who im not that close to...) has started to , i feel, kinda ignore me. like when im online and if he comes online, he immediately goes offline. or i go online and he's there, then he quickly goes offline. he's in the uk now for work,and didn't even tel me he was here! but he's told my sister, and has said that he'd like to meet up with her in india where he'll be going for work.i just get the feeling that his friend's gone n said some nasty things about me....i wudn't know y though....

Comments

• Options
    If i have a feeling someone is talking about me i just pretend not to be bothered about it, even though i possibly could be depending on what it is.

If you don't let it get to you they will stop talking about it.
  • Options
    I have a friend who has told me (as in actually saying 'sorry, I was talking to my partner; she was asking questions about you') that he has talked about me with his partner and I've just replied with stuff like 'ok' then acted as though it didn't bother me. (even though it did bother me a bit; but not that much)

Most of the time I act as though I couldn't care that friends of mine talk about me behind my back. A few months ago, a friend of mine was talking to me about a friend of his (he knows I fancy his friend) and I'm sure he said that they were talking about me. I made the mistake of having a go at him (through texts) and felt really silly after realising that he said that they were just talking; but my name wasn't mentioned.
  • Options
    I laugh at people like that
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I laugh at people like that
    Yep. Just means that their lives aren't interesting enough to talk about, so they need another point of attention.
  • Options
    People undoubtedly are talking about you behind your back, it doesn't always follow that they're mean though.

I really don't agree that it shows a lack of interest in life- it's natural to talk about friends with your partner.