Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Temping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I'm going to register at this temping agency for a job at Abbey.

Anyone know what the hell I'm going to have to do? My friend also just got a job with them but all she had to do was sit on the computer and see how many words per minute she could type or something. Seems really easy to me? Shouldnt there like be an interview or something?

Be grateful if anyones done this sorta thing before could tell me about it!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I did temping thats all they did. The agency had me fill out an application, type some things, do some things on excel then a couple days later called me and told me they found me a job. In my experience, and experiences I've heard of others, interviews rarely to never happen thru temping places. Its their job to find you a job, not to maybe find you a job. They get paid to have somebody start working asap due to the general skills they posess.
    Thanks. What did you have to put on your application form? My friend got a job within like a week of her going to the actual agency.
    Captain wrote:
    Thanks. What did you have to put on your application form? My friend got a job within like a week of her going to the actual agency.
    It was just a general application. Name, address, a couple references, previous employeers, experience. Pretty much the same thing any application says. Thats what I loved about temp is how quick they work. Another positive I liked about it was that alot of jobs were temp to hire. I'd say give temp agencies a chance :thumb: We use one all the time at my work to find people, within the month they are offered a full time job.
    Captain wrote:
    I joined a couple of temping agencies when I finished uni. I had to hand in a CV, fill in an application form, and had an interview where they discussed what skills I had, and what type of work I was interested in. I needn't have bothered my arse. At the interview, he told me they get a vacancy in an admin role every week or so, so he should have something for me in no time. I got one phonecall asking if I wanted to work on a factory production line, and then another asking whether I could drive a forklift truck. :rolleyes: I might go in for a laugh one time, and ask them whether they've found me anything in the past year. I imagine that the ones in the city are a bit better though because they're not run by one man and his dog (sorry, receptionist).