Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mushies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the time is right

anybody been out and about? any joy?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Not out round here yet. It's to wet to go looking today aswell.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I had a quick scout around the golfcourse next to my house but yeah, it was way too wet to go very far so no I didn't find any but I'm gonna have a longer more thorough look this weekend...wish I'd brought some god damn hawaiian shrooms back from Amsterdam...
  • Options
    im goin out to get fuckered later and may well end up out picking early tommorrow, hope the fuck theres some !

cant beat free drugs :thumb:
  • Options
    the welsh moorlands are just begining to blossom!
  • Options
    Found a few today, but I still think it's a little early. Another week or two. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The only place near me that they grow will be swarming with people the second they pop there heads out!! :impissed:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    The only place near me that they grow will be swarming with people the second they pop there heads out!! :impissed:

That's good thing about living where I do. There's plenty of common land. And plenty of Mushies.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    loads in my local park and I've picked quite a few for a session coming up, cant wait!
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    That's good thing about living where I do. There's plenty of common land. And plenty of Mushies.

Yep... I bet you get loads. I live on the border of south london... there must be a few places, but you have to travel... and everyone round here is so bang on it they are gone on minutes!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Just a reminder from Erowid about the risks of foraging for your own mushrooms -
    There is NO way to identify a mushroom based solely on a photo or even a written description. Identifying mushrooms is a complex process and it's easy to make mistakes. There are many varieties of both edible and psychoactive mushrooms which have poisonous look-alikes. Even an expert can be fooled by the outward appearance of these deadly look-alikes.

Unless you can either explore with a mycologist or knowledgeable and seasoned mushroom hunter, or take the time to learn the careful process of mushroom identification yourself through reading books and preferably joining a mycological society...we would strongly recommend not eating mushrooms you pick yourself.

Learning to identify mushrooms isn't difficult in and of itself, but it takes training. Because the down-side of eating a poisonous mushroom is so great...one needs to be extraordinarily careful.

There is more information in Erowid's Psilocybin Vault. I'm sure I don't need to remind you that mushies now have a Class A classification...

And there have been many threads about mushrooms, you could try doing a search of the board if you were so inclined...
  • Options
    Liberty Caps are pretty easy to identify though, the only think to remember is that they look different in wet and dry conditions.
    These photo's are quite good
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wussu.com/shrooms/images/psem3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wussu.com/shrooms/libcaps.htm&h=698&w=1060&sz=163&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=lEtFg9Pn94_2oM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dliberty%2Bcaps%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DN

As for where they grow? Grassy areas are best, though I have seen them grow on heathland before. Obviously with shorter grass it's easier to spot them.
    Weekender Offender