Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my first driving lesson ever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
wowee! Was fun!

Got bombarded with information and it's gonna be hard going but he likes the way I put on a seatbelt and I have good clutch control.

Hehehehe. So happy!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go you :D. My first lesson was a doddle, I'd been driving my Dad's cars for a few years on the drive and down quiet lanes.

Fun, isn't it? :D
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Rachael wrote:
    wowee! Was fun!

Got bombarded with information and it's gonna be hard going but he likes the way I put on a seatbelt and I have good clutch control.

Hehehehe. So happy!!

Yaaaaay!

I love driving. Sitting my test soon. And then getting a car! (if I pass) :hyper:

Hope you continue to enjoy it.
    Thankyou!

I know absolutely zilch about cars and my mum etc don't drive but he reckons it might be easier if it's completely new to me. Don't see how that would work out but hurray!!
    Rachael wrote:
    Don't see how that would work out but hurray!!

Because you've had less opportunity to pick up the lazy and bad habits of others. The best people to teach are those who accept they know nothing. The worst are those who think they know it all. :)
    awhh that makes me feel better!

He tried to explain the mechanics/how it works physically of each thing I had to use but it went in one ear and out the other. I see the point in explaining it so I hope I pick it up soon!
    If you're actually interested in seeing the internals of engines, gearboxes, brakes, suspension, etc, then you can do a lot worse than look at this site.

Or ask me. I know a bit, if you don't understand anything :).
    Thanks. You're a hero! I might just have to harass you later on things like the handbrake.
    I'm most helpful to pretty young girls who are willing to take their clothes off and have eyesex ;).
    Not sure about the clothes bit but eye sex..HELL YEH
    ;)
    I remember my first driving lesson. I nearly drove into a skip :yeees:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :thumb:
    Good luck for the rest!
    I had (supposedly) been taught the mechanics before I even got behind the will. You're supposed to have at least 10 theory lessons before the first practice one.
    Rachael wrote:
    wowee! Was fun!

Hehehehe. So happy!!

Before Rachael drove the car.
    the car after rach's driving lesson.

(yes, it even magically changed make, colour and size :) )

Yea, I know the information overflow. The instructor was talking and talking and I was just like "yea.. yea... yea...", suddenly he JUMPED in the brakes.
    "WTF? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, I just said you cannot yadda yadda."
    It's hard in the beginning, and good clutch control is a plus too.
    *some stupid joke about fine feeling about jerking around a stick*

anyway.
    congratz.
    ahahahaha! almost..i had to push the seat forward a lot because of my shortness/
    I had to sit on a booster seat during my driving lessons :lol:

And it was a mini :o:lol:
    Rachael wrote:
    ahahahaha! almost..i had to push the seat forward a lot because of my shortness/

I remember those girls in my driving school. When I did not check the seat before I got in, I usually had my knees in my tummy and my teeth on the steering wheel, before I adjusted the seat, when they had the car before me
    :lol:
    Update!

Second driving lesson today. I almost shat myself but he thinks I'm really good at the hardest part which is the clutch apparently so that's cool.

I parked perfectly......only on the kerb. Hehe!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Rachael wrote:
    Update!

Second driving lesson today. I almost shat myself but he thinks I'm really good at the hardest part which is the clutch apparently so that's cool.

I parked perfectly......only on the kerb. Hehe!
    aaah dont you worry, the kerb is the way to go! but dont you worry the scratches all over his alloys will add to the personality of the car! hehe!
    well done though, you will soon be mobile my friend!
    I just had my first driving lesson today after a ten year break! I passed at 18 and haven't driven since. I was shitting myself beforehand but ended up really enjoying it. Got another one tomorrow so we'll see if it continues!

Hope yours continue to go well Rachael - there's so much to think about isn't there? :)
    There is tons! It's extremely complicated at the mo. Glad you're enjoying yours :)