Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I hate mac's.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lukeff7 wrote:
    I just HATE THEM.
    Why do I have to use this stupid machine?! I got 2 years left of doing my work on it... its just so temprimental and keeps freezing up.
    Seriously I dont think apple put alot of thought into making them...
    Totally not user-friendly!
    :banghead:
    the burgers they make are shite as well.
  • Options
    Mac's what?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Mac's what?

Mac's full stop, perhaps?

And I suggest investing in a PC :p but they're just as bad, if not worse!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've used both Macs and PC's most of my life and have always prefered Mac's. I'm using one now.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    sophia wrote:
    :heart: you for this comment, that's exactly what I was thinking :razz:
    Same here.
  • Options
    I think they missed the ' point

Stop it. It's Macs and PCs

I don't like PCs.
    I don't like PCs' tendancy to corrupt their file system when running defrag
    I like Macs' Aqua interface.
    I don't like Mac's knife
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    Stop it. It's Macs and PCs

I don't like PCs.
    I like Macs' Aqua interface.
    I don't like Mac's knife
    Don't confuse PCs with Windows.
  • Options
    Don't confuse PCs with Windows.
    YARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!
    the lines given were not an indication of any preference in operating system but an instruction in the correct use of the apostrophe, which was the point made by Crocidolite and sophia, but completely missed by Lukeff7

But to address your particular point - yes, but Macs are PCs, or overcoats.

Personal computers running Macintosh system (whatever) are commonly know as Macs. Personal computers running MS DOS, PC DOS, MS Windows, IBM OS/2, and Novell are commonly known as PCs. Personal computers running Solaris, Linux, *BSD, SCO, tend to be known as unix boxes, X-boxes if they were running X - until about 5 years ago when it became unusual for unix boxes to not run X. :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Big Gay wrote:

Can't say I have come across this issue? Only time I have is when you use XP's FAT32 to NTFS converter, which just actually kills the file system and it goes to RAW. Lose everything, in other words.

Defrag takes a fucking AGE though. Grr.

Macs are good for video work, I must say. And office work. They are just sooo expensive for what they are. Overpriced.
  • Options
    Maybe it's mac's because the guy who created was called macintosh and its his system hence Macintosh's, Mac's...

I dunno. Had too many strange substances tonight, met some nice people, but guess who came home - alone - to thesite...
  • Options
    From my experience, and this is a few years of expeirence,

Apple MACS - Good for video work, Music work, ok for office wrok but not great, Used them for video editing, was lovely, Music Editing also but Pc is also ok for music, not so much for video,

Problems with macs, compatibility, also poor ease of use but can be talk easily enough,

MS Windows, Coprate scum imo, Ok, compatability is perfect, runs most things out there, but lately since XP Vista etc etc, they're so power hungry, I remember the days when the OS required fuck all of the computers PSU, Ram and hard drive to run, thats what they're ment for, it use to be a 400mhz game would RUN on a 350mhz computer because of the drain of the OS on the power was not a hell of alot,

now aways its 1.5ghz game will only run on a 30000000ghz processor, Ok, maybe not equally as stupid but its probably getting close.
  • Options
    I'm using a Mac now, and even though it's taken somoe getting used to, it seems perfectly fine to me, tbh!

I prefer Windows, but that's because that's all I'd ever used til my boyfriend got this around March time, so I find it easier to use is all. :)
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    YARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!
    the lines given were not an indication of any preference in operating system but an instruction in the correct use of the apostrophe, which was the point made by Crocidolite and sophia, but completely missed by Lukeff7

But to address your particular point - yes, but Macs are PCs, or overcoats.

Personal computers running Macintosh system (whatever) are commonly know as Macs. Personal computers running MS DOS, PC DOS, MS Windows, IBM OS/2, and Novell are commonly known as PCs. Personal computers running Solaris, Linux, *BSD, SCO, tend to be known as unix boxes, X-boxes if they were running X - until about 5 years ago when it became unusual for unix boxes to not run X. :p
    Calm down, calm down! *pats on the back* There there... :p

I thought you were listing your own complaints, ok. And I think I read somewhere some fundamental difference between PCs and Macs (besides the processor) but I don't remember what it was.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    From my experience, and this is a few years of expeirence,

Problems with macs, compatibility, also poor ease of use but can be talk easily enough,

what compatibility problems? If you use a mac you have no need to use any windows only software there are plenty of better options for macs.
    Big Gay wrote:

get over yourself - who gives a shit where the apostrophe is?! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wtf, ever heard of games, i think they'res bout 15games for the mac and most suck.
  • Options
    masyomo wrote:
    what compatibility problems? If you use a mac you have no need to use any windows only software there are plenty of better options for macs.

TES IV: Oblivion?

Product Requirements:

* Windows 2000/XP/XP 64-bit
    * 2GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    * 512MB RAM
    * 4.6G HDD space
    * 128MB Direct3D compatible video card & DirectX 9.0 compatible driver
    * DirectX 9.0c (included)
    * DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
    * Keyboard, Mouse

edit: HF beat me :crying:
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    Apple MACS - Good for video work, Music work, ok for office wrok but not great, Used them for video editing, was lovely, Music Editing also but Pc is also ok for music, not so much for video,
    I find the only difference for video editing is the software available for each one. They both work reasonably well, and I can't say I've ever had any dropped frames on either, and both crashed about as much as each other. PC's are potentially faster, but obviously that depends on the individual computer. I built a PC for video editing, because Mac's are just so much more expensive for what is essentially the same thing. And most professionals use both, so you couldn't say one is clearly better than the other.

I'd say overall, Mac's are probably better as home computers, because they're less hassle and less likely to break if you don't know what you're doing (so I hear). But PC's can be just as reliable if you take all the proper precautions with regards to compatibility, spyware, virus' etc. But they are a bit more work.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    wtf, ever heard of games, i think they'res bout 15games for the mac and most suck.

fair point - I never really got into games on pc's so hadn't thought of that :chin:

My advice - get a mac, get less stress & use all the spare time you've got left over from not having to reboot and sort out your windows piece of crap playing on a playstation/x box/gameboy wotever ;)