Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bored and thinking of buying....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This settee pack

and a TV like this

My living room is in dire need of a spruce up - whaddya think?

I'm thinkin that, curtains and a lick of paint!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You get the argos email too huh? ;)

ETA if you got the money go for it.
    Not my thing, but go for it if it'll make your lounge nicer.
    The couches look kind of tacky, but thats just me. I like the rounder look. But if they're comfortable... :thumb: And if they match. You would think black leather would go with alot, but it really doesn't.
    tv looks awesome...

not a bad price either
    tv looks good, shop around first to see if you can get it cheaper, i find argos are expensive with electricals. and imo i like to see the sofa before i buy it, to see if its comfy or not. Nothing better than a comfy sofa to snuggle into!
    They both look nice
    we have brown leather sofas at home, they're ace. really comfy.
    Yeah I saw the same size TV at woolies for £399.99 - bargain!

Unfortunately part of my celing fell down in the bedroom, so now I have to get my roof repaired with the TV money before the insurance company will sort the ceiling.. joy !!

I'm so having those settee's though, as long as we can find somewhere they are on display.

I didn't think they looked tacky at all, weird how different people see things!

By the way, I am choosing leather because as a lot of you know, I have a little boy, who is 2 next month, and loves drawing/rubbing food into/spilling drinks on the furniture! lol
    The settees are very nice indeed, but the telly is a waste of cash.

I still think that CRT TVs are better, and they're so cheap its not even funny now. I saw a huge widescreen CRT telly in Asda for £60, I want.
    I really want chocolate brown leather sofas, the kind that look a bit worn. My mate has them and oh my god you just melt into them it's fucking ace.

I saw a good TV on the net somewhere. Had an unknown brand name but was made from the same gear as LG, really good too. I'll post the link if i find it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    I still think that CRT TVs are better, and they're so cheap its not even funny now. I saw a huge widescreen CRT telly in Asda for £60, I want.

:yes:

Ther are problems with ghosting on LCD's, Plasmas are better but neither can beat the quilaty of a good CRT.

At the moment anyway.
    Weekender Offender 
    Yeah I saw the same size TV at woolies for £399.99 - bargain!
    We're getting that one.
    leather sofas aer fine for 5 mins but in the heat you sweat and stick to them and in the cold they are freezing. u can wipe them clean though.