Home Politics & Debate
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Are Muslims the new Jews?

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You spoil all my fun. :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    this isn't an excuse to reduce debate to the level of playground insults.
    Jim V wrote:
    rather than just being cocks.

    :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    however it's unfortunate to see the unholy three (dis, yera and blag) reducing things to their usual level of kiss chase.

    Ah I'm sorry. I do quite like the unholy three description though.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Stalin's Organist Posts: 13,327
    Nazis and Jews... Cold War and the Commies...

    It's all thier fault. We have no USSR to blame. So the Muslims will do. The system will always look for a scapegoat for thier problems rather than admit they are wrong. As such, we should expect this. The mass media perpetrates this for the system, the people blinded by the system from an early age believe it and eat it up...

    Ignorance Prevails!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought that this story linked well with the other thread Aladdin started about !How The Media Works" and I get his point.

    This story wasn't frontpage news because soldiers were attacked, it was there because it was "Muslims wot dun it".
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We're being manipulated into viewing muslims as the enemy, just as we were manipulated into accepting mass immigration which was the means to facilitate the conflict domestically in the first place.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote:
    We're being manipulated into viewing muslims as the enemy, just as we were manipulated into accepting mass immigration which was the means to facilitate the conflict domestically in the first place.

    You mean in the 50's?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    You mean in the 50's?

    Yeah, and afterwards.

    I wouldn't say that Muslims are the "new Jews", considering that with every story put out by the press which may be interpreted as anti-Muslim, invariably there will be another trumpeting the glories of multi-cultural, multi-faith societies...undoubtedly domestic conflict between Muslims and non-Muslims will escalate in the future, and I have no doubt this is intended by those who are pulling the strings.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote:
    Yeah, and afterwards.

    I wouldn't say that Muslims are the "new Jews", considering that with every story put out by the press which may be interpreted as anti-Muslim, invariably there will be another trumpeting the glories of multi-cultural, multi-faith societies...undoubtedly domestic conflict between Muslims and non-Muslims will escalate in the future, and I have no doubt this is intended by those who are pulling the strings.

    I hate to break it to you, but there is no secret illumanti pulling the strings. Mass migration happened for a number of reasons - partially economic, partially social and partially as part of the end of Empire and the responsibilities which came with it.

    And multi-culturalism means different things to different people and one fails to see how the leadership of this country benefits from increased social and economic tension (especially as Joe Bloggs is less at risk from terrorism than the political elite)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    NQA wrote:
    I hate to break it to you, but there is no secret illumanti pulling the strings. Mass migration happened for a number of reasons - partially economic, partially social and partially as part of the end of Empire and the responsibilities which came with it.

    Secret Illuminati? :rolleyes:
    And multi-culturalism means different things to different people and one fails to see how the leadership of this country benefits from increased social and economic tension (especially as Joe Bloggs is less at risk from terrorism than the political elite)

    With further war against Islamic states looming - Iran, Syria, Lebanon and no doubt a few others - it's not too difficult to work out how increased social tension will assist the elite.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well you do seem to be implying a conspiracy, rather than changing governments with different ideas - so either a conspiracy that's secret or a common subconcious delusion on the part of UK leaders to all do the same thing without meaning it.

    To be honest I don't see any real evidence of any puppet masters, just half-baked and often confused political attempts to deal with problems and make the previous guys look bad.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    Well you do seem to be implying a conspiracy, rather than changing governments with different ideas - so either a conspiracy that's secret or a common subconcious delusion on the part of UK leaders to all do the same thing without meaning it.

    Western governments work within a paradigm, i think that's obvious when you observe how the operate and what policies are being pushed, currently and historically.

    As for UK leaders all doing the same thing...they operate within the given paradigm...do you think British PMs operate without 'direction'?
    To be honest I don't see any real evidence of any puppet masters, just half-baked and often confused political attempts to deal with problems and make the previous guys look bad.

    You don't see any evidence of big money influencing government? Planned assassinations of dissidents by the state?

    I don't think it's a big leap to accept that shadowy forces are often working behind governments, especially considering what former US presidents, notably JFK, have had to say about such dangers.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote:
    Western governments work within a paradigm, i think that's obvious when you observe how the operate and what policies are being pushed, currently and historically.

    Yep Western leaders seem to believe in a democratic mixed economy. Now this paradigm could be because there's a secret group pulling the strings or more likely its because they believe its the right model and so do the voters
    You don't see any evidence of big money influencing government?

    Certainly business has some influence - but that's all it is. Its certainly not power and Govts of all hues have definetely gone against business interests (eg minimum wage)
    Planned assassinations of dissidents by the state?

    Actually I can't say I have.

    there may be an exception in Northern Ireland where there are examples of the SAS shooting IRA men where either it may have been possible to arrest them or the IRA were manouvered into a situation where they could be legally shot (Loughall). There are other examples where intelligence has turned a blind eye towards the loyalists murdering republicans, republicans murdering loyalists, loyalists murdering loyalists and republicans murdering republicans. There is also some (but not as watertight as some believe) where terrorists murders have been allowed to go ahead if it meant jeopardising a source. And of course junior RUC, UDR and Regulars have been involved in direct murders. However, there were the special circumstances of a low intensity civil war going on and so I struggle to same that translate to mainland politics.

    I don't think it's a big leap to accept that shadowy forces are often working behind governments, especially considering what former US presidents, notably JFK, have had to say about such dangers

    What did he say? I know eisenhower warned of the dangers of the military-industrial complex, but he died peacefully in his bed. And the conspiracy theories around JFK are again not as solid as some think (and even if they were there is no commonly agreement on who did suspects ranging from the CIA through the Mafia to Cuba and/or the KGB)http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    Well you do seem to be implying a conspiracy, rather than changing governments with different ideas - so either a conspiracy that's secret or a common subconcious delusion on the part of UK leaders to all do the same thing without meaning it.

    To be honest I don't see any real evidence of any puppet masters, just half-baked and often confused political attempts to deal with problems and make the previous guys look bad.

    Yep and human being humans make mistakes, have poor intelligence (of the information kind), bad planning, compromises which please nobody etc,etc.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote:
    Planned assassinations of dissidents by the state?

    Or unfortunate accidents ?

    http://reuters.myway.com/article/20061007/2006-10-07T205727Z_01_L0763562_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-RUSSIA-MURDER-DC.html
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    NQA wrote:
    Yep Western leaders seem to believe in a democratic mixed economy. Now this paradigm could be because there's a secret group pulling the strings or more likely its because they believe its the right model and so do the voters

    And what happens when leaders, or populations, refuse to follow the model of 'democratic mixed economy'? Think Indonesia...

    Certainly business has some influence - but that's all it is. Its certainly not power and Govts of all hues have definetely gone against business interests (eg minimum wage)

    Having a paltry minimum wage is hardly going to bother big business interest. Very rarely will you ever see any leader or party, which is active and accepted in the mainstream of politics, making serious challenges to big money.
    Actually I can't say I have.

    Well, Tony Benn was subject of an MI5 assassination plot decades back. It all came out after Airey Neive, who was part of it, was killed by the IRA.

    David Kelly's death was certainly not suicide either - that much is clear if you look at the case.

    Then, statistically, there's the highly dubious deaths of numerous US scientists working in certain fields.

    There are other examples of course - JFK, MLK and so on - but that's another debate.
    What did he say? I know eisenhower warned of the dangers of the military-industrial complex, but he died peacefully in his bed. And the conspiracy theories around JFK are again not as solid as some think (and even if they were there is no commonly agreement on who did suspects ranging from the CIA through the Mafia to Cuba and/or the KGB)http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

    JFK on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-x0-ffP0Q

    As you say, Einsenhower also warned of the MIC, and there have been others - leading industrialists etc - who talked of shadow governments decades and decades back.

    Looking at the world today...it couldn't be otherwise.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote:
    And what happens when leaders, or populations, refuse to follow the model of 'democratic mixed economy'? Think Indonesia...

    Give us a clue (PS aren't we talking about the UK)
    Having a paltry minimum wage is hardly going to bother big business interest. Very rarely will you ever see any leader or party, which is active and accepted in the mainstream of politics, making serious challenges to big money.

    I've written plenty of letters to various big businesses (either myself or for Ministers) in which we rejected their lobbying.

    But the other thing is that doesn't mean politicians are in the thrall of business - succesful business means a better economy which means people are better off. Now you may disagree with that, but plenty of people including many Ministers think that's true.

    To a certain extent that's off the subject as well. You can believe that business plays too big a role in influencing Government, but still think that the concept of them activelly controlling Government behind the scenes isn't true.
    Well, Tony Benn was subject of an MI5 assassination plot decades back. It all came out after Airey Neive, who was part of it, was killed by the IRA.

    evidence please.
    David Kelly's death was certainly not suicide either - that much is clear if you look at the case.

    I have. A man who was almost certainly about to loose his job, feared he was about to loose his pension, had come into the public eye and was beuing hounded by the press gets depressed and commits suicide. Its also worth bearing in mind with Kelly that he wasn't against the war - he didn't think that Iraq had WMDs, but he did believe they had broken UN resolutions
    Then, statistically, there's the highly dubious deaths of numerous US scientists working in certain fields.

    Not really

    http://www.911myths.com/html/microbiologists.html
    There are other examples of course - JFK, MLK and so on - but that's another debate.

    Princess Diana etc, etc. whenever someone dies suddenly there seems to be a human need to create a rational and claim it was all a conspiracy, when in fact tough shit sometimes just happens. There's nor organised plan or secret covert group. the world is full of cock-ups and mistakes - that's life

    Doesn't proove a thing.
    Looking at the world today...it couldn't be otherwise

    I dunno, a bit of critical thinking suggests to me that there is no secret societies controlling our lives and Government.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, Tony Benn was subject of an MI5 assassination plot decades back. It all came out after Airey Neive, who was part of it, was killed by the IRA.

    evidence please.


    On secon thoughts you don't need to bother http://www.answers.com/topic/airey-neave

    Benn discounts it himself. And Neave being dead can't sue for libel
Sign In or Register to comment.