Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wow @ Linux...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just tried Mandriva 2007 and I think it's the most user friendly linux distro I've ever had! It's like Windows... only better!!! No Cedega unfortunately, but it's certainly very slick... just thought I'd give it a mention in case anybody wants to try it :)

Comments

• Options
    Oh dear! Tried it on my main computer and it broke Windows :p. And for some random reason the mouse doesn't work :confused:

However, I repeat, most user friendly to date :p
  • Options
    I only like Redhat based distro's, Mandriva and Fedora are the best, such a slick good looking O/S!!

You have any problems with your network setup? Is it wireless?
  • Options
    I understand how to set it up.. just cant be bothered as I'm using wires at the mo. But just need the .inf drivers or something and right click the connection icon in KDE, then 'configure connection' or something like that, then when it comes up you select 'wireless connection', then next, then it asks you to point it to the .inf and bobs your uncle.

However, didn't work with the USB one on the laptop as it didnt recognise the .inf files :(
  • Options
    Just tried Mandriva 2007 and I think it's the most user friendly linux distro I've ever had! It's like Windows... only better!!! No Cedega unfortunately, but it's certainly very slick... just thought I'd give it a mention in case anybody wants to try it :)

I'm running it now but it asked me for a username and password - what is it for a Live CD?
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    One I recently tried was u:root p:toor. I can't recall what distro it was for though.

Live CDs normally have the username and password on the login screen (look around, you might spot it).