Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

things to do instead of smoking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
eat fruit
drink water
tidy room
watch tv
do press ups
go for a run
lift weights
rewards
airfix models?
inhalator (best giving up device)
breathe deeply count to 15 each craving starts.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blue tack/plasticine!

Play with it, it's a really good distraction from anything.
    I found suckers (lollies?) to be great when I quit. Keeps your hand and mouth busy.
    Excersizing was the last thing on my smoking out of shape mind and watching tv only made me want it more, as i used to smoke while watching tv.

I really liked dum dums, if you have them there, they are just really tiny suckers so you don't get sick of them (unless you get stuck with the "mystery" flavor which tastes suspectingly like avacado banana)
    clean your teeth?

Eat sugarfree mints

chew on sugarfree gum
    Sleep?
    play counterstike :D thats what ive been doing. ive quit only since sunday, but the cravings beens trong and ive managed to rack up over 17 hours of cs in the space betewwn then and now. Its fun, because you get edgy and blow peoples heads off :D
    lol watch out mate, counterstrike's even more addictive than fags! :p
    softworld wrote:
    play counterstike :D thats what ive been doing. ive quit only since sunday, but the cravings beens trong and ive managed to rack up over 17 hours of cs in the space betewwn then and now. Its fun, because you get edgy and blow peoples heads off :D

But if you get your head blown off dont that make you angry and just want to smoke?
    But if you get your head blown off dont that make you angry and just want to smoke?

oh no because where i paly everyone is a good spot, and ligt hearted, everyone understands its jsut a bit of great fun and nothing to get too serious over.
    I managed to quit smoking cigarettes except for at work and college cos I get worn out and I think I'm allowed some sort of relief....how did I quit smoking apart from at work and college though?...I don't really know, I suppose I just made sure I was always out and about with my mates doing something instead of monging at home...the irony is that the stuff I do when I'm out and about with my mates can't be any worse for my body than smoking is anyway lol.
    Masturbation is good, although addictive.

personally, I learned to play guitar.
    Annoyingly enough after a trip to South Africa (I drank a lot and they are really cheap there) I've taken up the nasty unpleasant habit.