Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Broken windsheild :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do people break random peoples windshields? I live in a good neighborhood. I don't have any friends so I don't have any enimies either so it was just totally random. I park outside because Ed brought some tupid cheap desk from work and that takes up half the garage. He just got home so he saw it, my windshiled is shattered. 3 spots. I just don't know. My insurance doesn't cover it either so I'm out :p Blah.

Well Ed called the cops and they stopped by. Probably just some drunk high school kids. He [the cop] said this is not the first call in this neighborhood. Several mailboxes and windshilds are smashed. Still, its slim to none that they will find the person meaning I still have to pay everything. Its only a couple hundred. Not like a new set of tires or anything. Its still just unbelievable to me. I drove around with a broken windshiled for a couple monts once, but that was after an accident. I had caused it, and it was only one giant crack, not 3 spider shatters.

Sorry to vent my pointless boring story :( My dad is asleep and I have nobody to talk to.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We have someone who goes round the area I live in every so often vandalising cars. Quite a lot of cars, sometimes every car in a street. So far our street has had the cars keyed and windows broken. :mad:

We have yet to have our tyres slashed. Touch wood, we won't.
    Thats just horrible *knocks on wood also* I hope they don't go to tires for you. I hope you have no cars parked outside either, hun!
    Where my bf used to live, Brackley (Nr Banbury) about this time last year some group of cunts went round slashing tyres and did 200 cars in a night !
    Such people make me aggressive. Fucking with other peoples property for no reason at all. Hell, I'd set up a camouflage tent outside with camouflage battle suit, black and green colour in my face and a lot of botanics on my helmet and track those bastards down, when they are on their midnight maraudings, smash their iPods they got from mommy and daddy and set their "I-wanna-be-alternative"-Converse on fire, and spray intidmidating graffiti on their horizontally pink and blue stripped pullovers.

That'll show 'em.
    Argh sorry to hear that its so horrible!

A couple of weeks ago some drunken lads going down my street smashed both my wingmirrors by kicking them off. I was SO annoyed! And quite upset! I doubt they got any real satisfaction from it so what was the point? wankers.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Look what happened in the neighbouring village of Downton, only two weeks ago!

http://www.thisissalisbury.co.uk/display.var.942356.0.bbgun_vandals_wreak_mayhem.php
    Weekender Offender 
    can you get compensation from the police? I know you can in the UK often if you're a victim of crime...
    can you get compensation from the police? I know you can in the UK often if you're a victim of crime...

I should say it'd have to be something more serious for them to give away money. It is the UK after all, we don't give money away that easily.

If a person was caught and convicted I could get them to pay for the damages, but as I thought, and confirmed by the police, actually finding who did it and getting a confession out of them is slim to none, more on the none side.

I thought vandalizing only happened in the movies and such, but BBgun story and tire slashing! Sorry to hear about those :( I hope your boyfriends car missed the fury, Rubber!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    oooh no sweetie, thats a bit shit.
    i think you should sit in the garage on top of the desk ed brought home, and just stay there. when he asks what you are doing you should inform him that you are TRYING to see what the desk has that the car doesnt, and therefore understand why your poor little baby is outside and the big chunk of wood is inside...foolproof plan me dear!
    I rememebr going to a bar with a friend and when we got back to his car about 2 hours later the window had been smashed and his radio was gone.

Not a nice thing to happen. One major tip is to leave the car's glove box empty and open when you park your car , that way not one has to break into the car to see there's nothing in the glove box to steal.

His car also had the suction cup from a Sat Nav on display although the actual sat nav wasn't inthe car but a thief won't know that until after they've broken in.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not a nice thing to happen. One major tip is to leave the car's glove box empty and open when you park your car , that way not one has to break into the car to see there's nothing in the glove box to steal.
    An even better idea is to install steel windows behind the windows of the car, set to slide shut abruptly a few moments after something comes in while the car is still locked. That way if someone tries to steal they'll leave their hand in the car and it will be easy to get their fingerprints.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    :lol: but wouldnt fancy cleaning up the mess afterwards, so if you could install it with some mr muscle to spray everywhere that would be good!
    my_name wrote:
    I hope your boyfriends car missed the fury, Rubber!

Fortunately he didn't have a car at the time, only a bike and he had off road parking for that :)
    I went out this morning, (well it was about 2pm by then) nearly every car that sits out over night and that I've never seen move before in the last year were gone, presumably out gettin fixed. Sets of mailboxes had been knocked clear off and other ones were still on the poles but had just been smashed to bits. Stupid people.
    Now I'm just bored so I made a story...
    http://manda--lynn.livejournal.com/2006/10/07/
    :p
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I hope you find the bastards and murder them.