Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do You Discuss Your Sex Life With Relatives?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Even if there was any of it to discuss, I wouldn't.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I talk to my mum about it a bit but only if I need her advice. My dad is a big no no when it comes to talking about that.
  • Options
    Subject has never come up with me and my family except a little with me and one of my cousins, she's the only other normal person in my family though.

One of my old housemates would talk to her mum happily on the phone about sex, including them discussing what their favourite positions were, whether they were dominant or submissive in bed, etc. :eek:
  • Options
    That's just weird ^^

Hell, I wouldn't even kiss my boyfriend on the cheek in front of my mum let alone talk about ANYTHING with her. I've always wanted a mum I could talk to, but she didn't step up. Ah well.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I chat to my sister about who I may have slept with. I don't go to into much detail though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Me and my brother talk pretty freely about it...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Skive wrote:
    I chat to my sister about who I may have slept with. I don't go to into much detail though.
    When I first read this, I missed the word "about". :sour:
    Sorry!
  • Options
    No no no no no, i couldnt think of anything worse. I would love to, but i dont feel as thought i could. I really envy girls who cant talk to their parents about anything. Lucky things!!
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    No no no no no, i couldnt think of anything worse. I would love to, but i dont feel as thought i could. I really envy girls who cant talk to their parents about anything. Lucky things!!

I don't envy them.
  • Options
    I talk to my mum and sister about sex - not that there's much to talk about though, being a virgin. But, if I needed advice I could turn to either of them.

I do think it's sad how many of you can't/won't talk to your family about sex....
  • Options
    I talk to my mum and sister about sex - not that there's much to talk about though, being a virgin. But, if I needed advice I could turn to either of them.

I do think it's sad how many of you can't/won't talk to your family about sex....

Why is it sad? Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know my family are there for me if I want to, but that doesn't mean I need to share details of my private life with them.
  • Options
    Why is it sad. Mabye you need to look past your own easy life, and think about how not everyone has such great relationships with their family. Some people have it hard (not implying i have) and you need to learn to respect that, and not be so judgemental. Just a suggestion!
  • Options
    Never. My mum doesn't like the idea of me having sex in my house, either. So talking about it is kinda out of the question. She knows I'm not a virgin, I think she has a pretty good idea of how many people I've slept with, but it's not an open topic of conversation. The only time it's come up is when she was looking in my room for something, and saw the sex book I have. And then it was a "if you're mature enough to have books like that in the room, then you're too mature to be sucking your thumb/having a teddy bear" type comment.

*shrug*

I don't particularly want/need to talk to my mum about it. I don't talk to anyone else about it either, except my stepmum (who said she would buy me a vibrator if my dad let her!). I know vaguely how many people my twin has slept with, but that's mostly because I can hear it through the bedroom walls.
  • Options
    Gawd, I would completely freak out if I heard one of my siblings having sex.

I have never ever ever ever felt the need to talk to any of my family members about my sex life. Infact, I never really have. The only time it was mentioned was when my Mum found out about a boyfriend I had and gave me a lecture on protection. Little did she realise that I had been having sex for years.

My parents think I've only slept with one boy, a boy I was with for 3 years where infact, the truth is, I've had sex with boys before and after being in a relationship with him. Infact, I think my parents would be appauled with the figure. Ooops.

I will never be able to talk to my parents about my sex life. Its just like, weird. Its such a private issue. I only talk to my friends about sex and even then, its not about my sex life personally but sex in general.
  • Options
    Nope.

My Mam would have liked me to have waited till I met somebody I really loved and all, but her and Dad know fine well that I'm a 22 year old boy with glands. So as long as they don't see me at it then I think they sort of don't make an issue of it.

I tell my sister about my girlfriends and that though, she doesn't know the bedroom department details though and I don't want to know hers.
  • Options
    Gawd, I would completely freak out if I heard one of my siblings having sex.
    You get used to it.

Apparently you can hear it from downstairs as well...
  • Options
    URGH.

I would actually be very disturbed.

I remember when I heard my Mum and step-dad at it all the time when I used to live with them (like, morning, day and night). Now, that was disturbing.
  • Options
    Try finding out that your stepmum has just bought a vibrator, cock ring, and joyriders...THAT was disturbing.
  • Options
    Actually, I once accidently came across my Mum's dildo. I was too young to understand either and went up to my Mum holding it going "whats this Mum?" Oh dear. THE SHAME!!!! THE SHAME!!!!
  • Options
    My Mum and I talk about stuff. Not terribly specific, but we do talk about it. She is close to knowing how many people (1 out), as is my Dad. I actually think my Dad has a better idea, but that comes from living with him as a teen, and not with my mum :o
  • Options
    My mum has 4. I discovered this while looking for my passport to go to Newcastle. She used to have 3 (which I discovered while looking for something else of importance), but she has since got a Rabbit. >.<.

It's way, WAY worse if you know what they are.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Poor you.

You got a planeeeeeee to Newcastle?! How much did that cost you? Its no wonder you're skint :p

Rabbits are the nuts tbh. I don't blame you're Mum for getting one. You should get one :p
  • Options
    GOOD GOD, NO!

Although my mum talks about sex in front of me rather more than I'd like. She had an in-depth conversation about anal fingering at my nephew's 3rd birthday party. And she told me my dad had given up sex for lent while we were out for my birthday this year. I nearly choked on my chicken chow mein :(

I don't discuss my sex life with anyone other than the person I'm doing it with, and he already knows. Got nothing to prove, tbh.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Poor you.

You got a planeeeeeee to Newcastle?! How much did that cost you? Its no wonder you're skint :p

Rabbits are the nuts tbh. I don't blame you're Mum for getting one. You should get one :p
    It was cheaper than the train, and I didn't pay for it, my mum did :p.

I might get one, when I have money :p.
  • Options
    Seriously?! How much was the bloody train? Did you even visit the University (which I'm assuming you went up to see)? :p HAHA.

You really should get one. I think its better than sex sometimes tbh, ok, so not quite but like, I've had my biggest orgasms with the rabbit rather than a boy. Maybe I've just had shit lovers though.
  • Options
    It was over £150 for both of us. And yes, I did :p.

I'll think about it :p.
  • Options
    £150?! Did your Mum pay for both?

You have a very nice Mum. I had to pay for my own travel expenses when I went to all my open days :grump:

You should get the boy to buy you a rabbit so when you are apart, you can ummm yeah. Thats what I got James to do! HAHA. It got that bad.

And Kaff, I think I would puke if my mother spoke about anal fingering!!! Are mothers even supposed to know about that sorta thing? :lol:
  • Options
    Are mothers even supposed to know about that sorta thing? :lol:

My Mother knows things that I wish she wouldn't tell me about. But then again, we went and watched naked men on stage together, I can hardly moan if she talks to me about stuff like that.
  • Options
    And Kaff, I think I would puke if my mother spoke about anal fingering!!! Are mothers even supposed to know about that sorta thing? :lol:

I'm sure they all do, but I don't think they should EVER let on that they do in front of their CHILDREN. Especially not at their GRANDCHILD's party.

:nervous:
  • Options
    /