Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

male pubic hair shaving yay or nay?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been shaving for almost 2 months and not 1 rash except one I got from lotion or somethin 9not sure) and shaving against the grain when I first started, but that's about it really. I'm an athlete so I love the smooth feel and such. I use to have alot of hair down there but i just feel sooo...soft now..haha idk how to explain it but it feels better for me:thumb:
  • Options
    My bf shaves his balls - much nicer to suck without all those hairs in the way!
  • Options
    scoobzgirl wrote:
    My bf shaves his balls - much nicer to suck without all those hairs in the way!

I never understoof the concept of sucking on someone's balls :confused:
  • Options
    when will the tide change?

ok - let's admit it. nowadays, most people think that shaving their pubic hair is the thing to do - it is cleaner, they say. And if they do not, they feel in a way guilty.
    But let's be frank: if you are clean - I mean if you take a shower once a day as everybody is supposed to do, there cannot be any sanitary problem. So is having long hair on your head less clean than shaving your head?
    The gist is: there is no objective reason, it's all cultural. So, basically, anybody can do whatever they want - some people like it shaved, others don't. Just, let's try to not impose our personal view (depending on who knows what unconscious reasons...) on the other ones trying to say that shaved or not shaved is a matter of health. it is not. it is a matter of the way your mind works. A respectable thing, of course, but another matter.
    Personally, I like my hair as it is, not shaven - I am actually perplexed when I see shaved pubes. To me there is an association with childhood that is somehow disturbing in an adult. But this is a personal association. So, just do what you want and try to see the other people's point of view.
  • Options
    I let them grow out for a few weeks and since they have a real virile orange colour it looks like my crotch is on fire... but not the bad inflammated infected fire, no I am talking about hollywood gasoline explosions.

Awesome!
  • Options
    I have to shave my balls, i dont have a choice because i had an operation down there and have a scar and when hair grows around the scar it feels way too uncomfotable. So i shave my balls, and trim the rest of the area, but i leave a manly amount of hair there to keep up the appearance.
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote:
    So i shave my balls, and trim the rest of the area, but i leave a manly amount of hair there to keep up the appearance.

Pray tell, what is a "manly" amount of hair? :p
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    In answer to the question...nay nay nay nay nay. NAY. Any man of mine should leave his pubic hair well and truly alone.

Fact.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Pray tell, what is a "manly" amount of hair? :p

An amount that is visible and present of course my delightfully inquisitive friend.
  • Options
    errrm shaving nay......but trimming yay......although i dont mind tbh - i dont even notice - id only notice if i went down him i reckon.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I trim. Better than looking like you have a 50g pouch of Golden Virginia down there.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I trim, just makes things look neater and i feel more comfortable. i wouldnt shave it though that would just be itchy and make me self consious.

NB to those who are scared to put sharp objects down there: I've cut my scrote before, it doesnt hurt even half as much as you'd expect it to..
  • Options
    Nay.

Trimming for the win though.
  • Options
    Ewww, definately NO.

I do like a guy to trim though. Nothing is worse than being greeted by a bush that looks like its going to attack you and has little people living inside it.
  • Options
    I shave the sides, I leave a nice little patch trimmed up top though, haha.
    I use a normal 2 blade disposable razor and normal shaving cream.. Never had a problem..
  • Options
    Ewww, definately NO.

I do like a guy to trim though. Nothing is worse than being greeted by a bush that looks like its going to attack you and has little people living inside it.

I love it how you are totally "EEEWWW!!" when it comes to shaving/trimming yourself, but you prefer the boy trimmed, "because of being greeted by a bush that looks like it's going to attack you."
  • Options
    Nay
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    Nay
    oooh where have you been? :hyper:
  • Options
    oooh where have you been? :hyper:
    Stressed to fuck by real-life. TheSite, with the summer holiday trolls was more of a wind-up than a calm down, so rather than turning into Kermit I had a little break. Life got even more "exciting" so I cut off all non-essential communication. I deal with stress so well.

As ever, seeing your messages has brought a broad smile to my face. Now, if only you were a man:flirt:
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:

As ever, seeing your messages has brought a broad smile to my face. Now, if only you were a man:flirt:
    :angel:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I love it how you are totally "EEEWWW!!" when it comes to shaving/trimming yourself, but you prefer the boy trimmed, "because of being greeted by a bush that looks like it's going to attack you."
    I am ewwww about a bush that hasn't been trimmed.

I wouldn't like a guy to shave but I don't like each hair to be like, a mile long. I like the hair to be short.

Nothing strange about that tbh.
  • Options
    No to shaving, its just not normal to me. Trim if you must, but if you dont have hair down their it will put my off completely.
  • Options
    shaving = no.

trimming = yes.
  • Options
    Found this topic as im considering it. It sounds good but im not sure if its the right thing for me to do. Im 15 and im unsure wether to do it or not. For starters , isnt it just going to grow back worse if i decide it dont like it!
  • Options
    Matteh wrote:
    Found this topic as im considering it. It sounds good but im not sure if its the right thing for me to do. Im 15 and im unsure wether to do it or not. For starters , isnt it just going to grow back worse if i decide it dont like it!

Myth. Just search anywhere. It may look thicker in the begining as the hair will be blunt on the end and not tapered. Hair folicles do not just magically appear just because you shave.

Hair grows back (but not more) so I say try it and if you don't like it, hey, just give it a week.
  • Options
    i dont advise it, as the itch will kill yu until a fair amount comes back.
  • Options
    Not arsed either way, though shaved does look a tad like a plucked chicken IMO
  • Options
    do all girls shave or do they just trim?
  • Options
    depends on the girl.